Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Pentax K-3II $698.95 After Rebate At Samy's
Posted By: reduno, 10-14-2015, 01:31 PM

Samy's is offering the K-3II body with a $200 mail in rebate that brings the price down to $698.95.
Pentax K-3 II Digital SLR Camera Body | 16160
Rebate form is for purchase of a Pentax camera from a Promaster dealer. Promaster is the brand name for the Photographic Research Organization, a national retail cooperative owned and managed by independent specialty photo retailers.
Views: 8,617
10-20-2015, 09:07 PM   #31
a5m
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Thanks for the information!! Now I'm really considering this... hmmmm.
My pleasure . I haven't heard back from ProMaster yet but will update as soon as I do.

10-21-2015, 08:28 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Sweet deal. I've dealt with the folks at ProMaster corporate (Connecticut) and they are both responsive and very fair. Should be no problem at all with the rebate, as long as the camera is bought from a store affiliated with them. Glad to see they are running this deal (with Ricoh's help)!
10-30-2015, 01:36 PM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Now out of stock.
10-30-2015, 02:44 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Sweet deal. I've dealt with the folks at ProMaster corporate (Connecticut) and they are both responsive and very fair. Should be no problem at all with the rebate, as long as the camera is bought from a store affiliated with them. Glad to see they are running this deal (with Ricoh's help)!
Any chance you got a list of ProMaster-affiliated stores?

10-31-2015, 09:56 AM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jhaji Quote
Any chance you got a list of ProMaster-affiliated stores?
Find Your Store | ProMaster
10-31-2015, 01:17 PM - 2 Likes   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just bought a K-3II at Samy's in SF. They charged $898 for the camera, but it's eligible for the rebate (so $698) and they paid the tax. And of course I get the camera now, and don't have to worry if the price rises when samys.com get's another shipment. So I'm majorly happy, especially given my poor experiences with other retailers (unreturned emails, price raises, etc). And nice to buy from my local store; the staff was really helpful (this was in San Francisco, and as a bonus it's Halloween...and Halloween in SF is more Halloween than anywhere my friends).
10-31-2015, 01:25 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bladerunner6 Quote
Thanks! I was hoping to find some etailers there but this might be a good strategy by Ricoh... keeping the little guys competitive.

11-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #38

I was in Santa Barbara and called the new Samy's on State Street and inquired about the camera. They had it, $898.95, no sales tax, which saves about $71. I couldn't pass it up with the additional $200 rebate, so here I am with this beautiful piece of craftsmanship for $698.95. The build quality is so superior to similar Nikons and Canons. I was going to hold out for the full frame, but I figured this was going to be the top of the line Pentax aps-c for the foreseeable future. Besides, I probably will wait for the 2nd or 3rd generation full frame that will have the bugs worked out, although I am a bit concerned that it hasn't been rolled out in time for Christmas sales. I guess they want to get it right the first time and it wasn't quite ready.
11-03-2015, 08:19 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by drsrj13 Quote
I was in Santa Barbara and called the new Samy's on State Street and inquired about the camera. They had it, $898.95, no sales tax, which saves about $71. I couldn't pass it up with the additional $200 rebate, so here I am with this beautiful piece of craftsmanship for $698.95. The build quality is so superior to similar Nikons and Canons. I was going to hold out for the full frame, but I figured this was going to be the top of the line Pentax aps-c for the foreseeable future. Besides, I probably will wait for the 2nd or 3rd generation full frame that will have the bugs worked out, although I am a bit concerned that it hasn't been rolled out in time for Christmas sales. I guess they want to get it right the first time and it wasn't quite ready.
Good points. BTW, be careful with the rebate form. I noticed that the UPC was actually covered by what appears to be a store stocking bar code and I almost ripped it off, which might have destroyed the Pentax UPC. You need to send it in with the rebate form.

The full frame should be interesting; we'll see. The Samy's guy told me that they though Ricoh was paying more attention to their Pentax stuff of late, and were promoting the medium format quite a bit.
11-03-2015, 08:53 AM   #40
smf
Pentaxian

I am curious. If one sends the UPC code to get the rebate, does that eliminate the possibility of buying the extended warranty?

---------- Post added 11-03-15 at 11:44 AM ----------

Re the Pentax extended warranty, a major retailer's representative just told me that if the warranty is bought at the same time as the camera, there is no need to send in a UPC code.
11-04-2015, 08:07 AM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by smf Quote
I am curious. If one sends the UPC code to get the rebate, does that eliminate the possibility of buying the extended warranty?

---------- Post added 11-03-15 at 11:44 AM ----------

Re the Pentax extended warranty, a major retailer's representative just told me that if the warranty is bought at the same time as the camera, there is no need to send in a UPC code.
I hope not. Since Ricoh is one of the sponsors of the rebate, that would be pretty dumb on their part. I ordered the extended warranty; we'll see. Normally you need perhaps a receipt to show purchase date; I don't think anyone is so dumb as to buy a warranty without the product so perhaps the proof of purchase itself won't be necessary. I didn't have to provide one with my Olympus extended warranty. Keep a copy in case, obviously.

You don't need the UPC for the original warranty, just the receipt and warranty card.

Ricoh's product registration page, at least in the US, is a dead link. Awesome. They have got to have the crappiest support I've ever encountered in a camera manufacturer, at least in terms of access to info.

EDIT: Ricoh got back to me; there is NO product registration in the US, so the link shouldn't be there (it's just marketing research, they said). And the warranty card is just that, a card. You keep it and must produce the original plus the receipt showing when you made the purchase of the camera and the extended warranty.

Last edited by Oakland Rob; 11-07-2015 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Update
11-04-2015, 10:55 PM   #42

I bought my K3 II from verk.com for 854,76 €. It is very convenient - Helsinki next to me, and VAT refund makes a huge difference in price.
11-06-2015, 09:34 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Does anyone have a working link to the rebate? The Samy's website always seems to have issues and times out when trying to load pages. I'm finding this deal pretty tempting.
11-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #44
a5m
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
Does anyone have a working link to the rebate? The Samy's website always seems to have issues and times out when trying to load pages. I'm finding this deal pretty tempting.
Here you go:

http://www.samys.com/images/rebates/ProfitlinesNewsletter_2015-10-8_Pentax_D...rm_Oct_Dec.pdf

Also I noticed the price came down to $849.99 which makes it $649.99 after rebate.
11-06-2015, 09:47 AM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmm, even that link to the .pdf doesn't load. Could be something here at work.

Yeah, at $649 this is getting really tough to pass up.

***Currently dropping Christmas hints in the most shameless and obvious fashion***

Last edited by colonel00; 11-06-2015 at 10:00 AM.