Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Pentax K-3II $698.95 After Rebate At Samy's
Posted By: reduno, 10-14-2015, 01:31 PM

Samy's is offering the K-3II body with a $200 mail in rebate that brings the price down to $698.95.
Pentax K-3 II Digital SLR Camera Body | 16160
Rebate form is for purchase of a Pentax camera from a Promaster dealer. Promaster is the brand name for the Photographic Research Organization, a national retail cooperative owned and managed by independent specialty photo retailers.
Views: 8,616
10-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is one great price indeed!
10-14-2015, 02:46 PM   #3
a5m
Veteran Member

Awesome price! Good things come to those who wait .

Is Samy's an authorized dealer to get the Pentax warranty?
10-14-2015, 03:35 PM   #4
mee
Veteran Member

Interesting.. maybe BF deals will still occur.. I'm just going to wait and see.

10-14-2015, 04:58 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by a5m Quote
Is Samy's an authorized dealer to get the Pentax warranty?
I believe Samy's is on the Ricoh authorized resellers list. Unfortunately, I could not download the current list from the Ricoh Imaging web site, as the link (clicked on 'Support' -> 'Digital Camera Support' -> 'Where to buy' -> 'Authorized dealers in North America') just dumps me back to the home page.

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
The rebate is valid through December 31st, so it will cover black Friday too. Not certain how many Promaster dealers also carry Pentax but the form covers the K-S1, K-S2 and K-50 with a $100 rebate as well.
10-14-2015, 05:26 PM   #6
mee
Veteran Member

That is good to know.. Surely B&H and Adorama will have an offer better than this then..
10-14-2015, 05:54 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
I believe Samy's is on the Ricoh authorized resellers list. Unfortunately, I could not download the current list from the Ricoh Imaging web site, as the link (clicked on 'Support' -> 'Digital Camera Support' -> 'Where to buy' -> 'Authorized dealers in North America') just dumps me back to the home page.
Same here. Europe lists dealers. Asia lists just service centers. North America lists HQ and repair contacts. Very LAME.
So Solly, you no can buy any Pentax produc, rots of ruck, hahahaha. You no likey, you take hikey!!!

10-14-2015, 07:33 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
Same here. Europe lists dealers. Asia lists just service centers. North America lists HQ and repair contacts. Very LAME.
So Solly, you no can buy any Pentax produc, rots of ruck, hahahaha. You no likey, you take hikey!!!

I can live with incomplete websites. I'm happy for Ricoh to be focusing on producing great products for us. Not sure who you're trying to stereotype but I find it offensive... and I'm just a fat old white guy!
10-14-2015, 08:08 PM - 2 Likes   #9
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
I can live with incomplete websites. I'm happy for Ricoh to be focusing on producing great products for us. Not sure who you're trying to stereotype but I find it offensive... and I'm just a fat old white guy!
You don't even know what there is to be upset about but you've decided you're upset and that's FINAL!
10-14-2015, 08:40 PM   #10
a5m
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
I think you're right. I think being a Promaster authorized dealer also makes them a Pentax authorized dealer by default.

QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
That was hilarious. And I agree, the NA Pentax site is a lame mess.

That is good to know.. Surely B&H and Adorama will have an offer better than this then..
Keep in mind that this rebate only applies to Pentax cameras sold by Promaster dealers. As far as I know, Adorama and B&H are not Promaster dealers, so the rebate will not apply to them.
10-14-2015, 08:42 PM   #11
mee
Veteran Member

Oh yes but I'm guessing B&H and Adorama won't keep the pricing inflated if someone else has a better deal around.. especially for so long (december).
10-14-2015, 09:25 PM   #12
a5m
Veteran Member

Oh yes but I'm guessing B&H and Adorama won't keep the pricing inflated if someone else has a better deal around.. especially for so long (december).
You think it's possible they'll drop the price to ~$700? If so that'll be better than dealing with rebates.
10-14-2015, 09:34 PM   #13
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by a5m Quote
You think it's possible they'll drop the price to ~$700? If so that'll be better than dealing with rebates.
Well.. a month or two ago B&H had the price down to $748ish. So it is possible... but not definite.. for all I know they only lower the price back to around 748... that is to say.. I don't really know.
10-14-2015, 10:38 PM   #14
a5m
Veteran Member

Well.. a month or two ago B&H had the price down to $748ish. So it is possible... but not definite.. for all I know they only lower the price back to around 748... that is to say.. I don't really know.
Oh wow I didn't know they did that price drop. But you're right the price may not get lowered more than $748. But then again it might. Wishful thinking I guess haha.
10-15-2015, 07:10 AM - 1 Like   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
On Black Friday, it will be $499.

Oh wait, this isn't April 1st.