Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
Samy's Ricoh $100 rebate on S1, K-50 & S2
Posted By: Oakland Rob, 11-01-2015, 01:46 PM

The $200 rebate on the K-3II has already been mentioned here, but I note that my rebate form shows $100 rebates on the cameras listed in the subject line. Sheesh, the K-50 with kit zoom is $249 after the rebate...I'm never gonna be able to sell my used one. The rebate is supposed available at other retailers via Promaster, but I never did find another one that honored the rebate besides Samy's. The offer ends 12/31.
Views: 15,436
12-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #76
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Can you post a link to the Samy's page for the K-50, etc.?
Hi,

Adam or anyone else.

Do you know of a list of promaster authorized dealers?

I know Samy's is one. However, I see good prices on Amazon and ebay.
The amazon sellers include 6ave, electronics basket, eagle camera, etc.

I wonder about buying from Amazon and getting a rebate from promaster.

Thanks!

12-07-2015, 09:11 PM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I would doubt it unless it is Samy's selling through Amazon. Best bet is to contact Promaster directly and ask them.
12-07-2015, 09:32 PM   #78
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
I would doubt it unless it is Samy's selling through Amazon. Best bet is to contact Promaster directly and ask them.
Hi,

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestion.

I did call them and they referred me to an online search where I place my zip code and it comes up with 1 nearby promaster auth shop...that shop does not even sell Pentax gear.

There is no guide that the promaster rep knew about that could identify online merchants that are promaster authorized.

Regards.
12-07-2015, 09:35 PM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Send them an email and ask specifically which dealers are participating in the rebate. That way you have it on writing as well. From my understanding, there is a short list of dealers participating in the rebate.

12-08-2015, 12:07 AM   #80
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I emailed Promaster and they asked me WHY I wanted to find online stores. I didn't bother to write back.

In my area, Mike's Camera is the only Promaster dealer; however, they carry just the medium-format Pentax and nothing else. Samy's looks like the only deal in town. I bought the K-50 from them and they threw in the AF200 flash unit for free (also the 18-55 lens). So, once I get the rebate and sell off the flash and lens (I already have the 18-135 WR), the new K-50 body will have cost me about $130.

I'd rather have the K-3, but for this ridiculously low price, I'll play with the K-50 for a while. I ordered it last Thursday and it will arrive at my door this Thursday. Samy's rocks.

Amazon is NOT an authorized Promaster dealer.
12-08-2015, 01:06 AM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fotograffiti Quote
I emailed Promaster and they asked me WHY I wanted to find online stores. I didn't bother to write back.

In my area, Mike's Camera is the only Promaster dealer; however, they carry just the medium-format Pentax and nothing else. Samy's looks like the only deal in town. I bought the K-50 from them and they threw in the AF200 flash unit for free (also the 18-55 lens). So, once I get the rebate and sell off the flash and lens (I already have the 18-135 WR), the new K-50 body will have cost me about $130.

I'd rather have the K-3, but for this ridiculously low price, I'll play with the K-50 for a while. I ordered it last Thursday and it will arrive at my door this Thursday. Samy's rocks.

Amazon is NOT an authorized Promaster dealer.
You might have gotten the last K-50 at Samys. I just checked and they aren't showing any in stock.

The APS-C cameras still being sold at Samys are the K-5 II Digital SLR Camera with SMC DA 18-55mm ($899!!!); the K-3 II ($696 after rebate); a White K-30 ($434); and the K-S1 with 18-55mm Lens ($279 after rebate).
12-08-2015, 08:35 AM   #82
Forum Member

Try a zip code look up in the city of the different Amazon sellers then plug them in to the Promaster database.

12-08-2015, 08:52 AM   #83
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I wouldn't fiddle much with the Amazon folks.

Instead, use the list of the Promaster dealers, and find one that sells Pentax. Then just call them and see if they'll sell you a camera. For example, Gasser in SF, CA.
12-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #84
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
And to clarify, both Samy's and ProMaster sell through Amazon... but if you bought a Pentax from Amazon, it would not quality for the rebate, as far as I can see.
12-08-2015, 11:58 AM   #85
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fotograffiti Quote
I think the reason Promaster asked that question has to do with the purpose of the rebate. They are trying to attract customers to their brick-and-mortar Promaster dealers. The rebate helps level the playing field with the on-line sellers and (they hope) will get customers to buy accessories, etc. while they are there. The Samy's deal (which I took advantage of) sort of defeats the purpose, but since Samy's apparently has both large stores and an on-line presence, there is a grey area there. By the way, I have a Promaster dealer very close to me that carries Ricoh/Pentax, but they couldn't get the K3ii I wanted within the rebate period (I guess they were too small to make the minimum order in time).
12-13-2015, 04:05 PM   #86

QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
I just received the KS-1 that I picked up as a gift for my father. I noticed that there is a different UPC sticker over the UPC printed on the box. For those that have submitted the rebate, are you just cutting this out and leaving the sticker in place?
I have the same question , how did you do it ?
Do i need to remote the stickers and send the UPC or just send all three of them with stickers ?
Did you get the cash back ?
Any suggestions will be helpful .. Thanks in advance..
12-13-2015, 05:16 PM   #87
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maniesh4u Quote
Do i need to remote the stickers and send the UPC or just send all three of them with stickers ?
Cut out all upc stickers and attach to the rebate form . I received my check in less than 2 weeks.
12-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #88
a5m
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by maniesh4u Quote
There should be only one UPC code that's covered by another UPC code sticker. Cut that part out and send it in; the UPC on the box with the sticker over it. The other codes you're referring to might be the Serial #'s for the body and lens. You don't have to send that in.
12-13-2015, 08:51 PM   #89
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As stated above, I was instructed (by a person at Promaster via email) to just cut out the UPC with the sticker still covering it and send it in like that.
12-20-2015, 12:04 AM   #90

Pentax K-50 is back in stock