Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Ricoh WG-M1 and more $99
Posted By: Oakland Rob, 11-19-2015, 11:00 AM

Adorama (or Adorama selling through Amazon) has the Ricoh WG-M1 for $99.95 in black.

Ricoh WG-M1 Action Camera, Black 08273

It's been down near that price before I think, but now it comes with a bundle. You can choose two accessories: a stake mount, a helmet mount, and/or an adhesive mount (somewhat bigger than the one that comes with the camera, but with a tether point too). These accessories usually run about $20/ on average. The nice thing is that the WG-MI uses a regular ol' ¼-20 tripod screw mount, so that's what the accessories have, rather than the GoPro style connectors. So they might be useful with other stuff.

I jumped on this although I don't do tons of video. I was gonna use an old Canon P&S, but it would likely be destroyed, and so what with the useful mounts I may come out ahead.

There isn't much info out about this camera. It does the usual stuff and seems to have somewhat higher quality stills, if rather fishy-eyed, as is common with these. Doesn't do really high frame rate FPS, and no 4k, but has time lapse and motion detection modes, has a display (usually only on pricier models), works over wifi with a serviceable app, is waterproof to a decent depth without a housing, and seems to produce good video, if not 4k. But it has a rather lame one-session limit of 25 minutes. But it does do looping. Anyway, worth a look if you need something like this.
Views: 1,039
11-19-2015, 11:14 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If these shot RAW format, I'd be all over this. Thanks for sharing!
11-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by disasterfilm Quote
If these shot RAW format, I'd be all over this. Thanks for sharing!
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for video cameras to do RAW stills...although who knows. I should have mentioned it outputs mov/H.264 video. You can find some sample to download here: Ricoh WG-M1 Review - webBikeWorld
11-19-2015, 11:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks OP!
been wanting one to play with if nothing else

11-21-2015, 07:23 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Gone now... no surprise at that price. I thought about it for 15 minutes. But I really don't have a practical use for one.