Lowepro Nova Sport 35L AW Slate Gr $15 after rebate
Posted By: mike.hiran, 11-21-2015, 10:30 AM

Lowepro Nova Sport 35L AW Shoulder Bag, Slate Gray LP36608

Views: 2,036
11-21-2015, 11:33 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got one of these in the safety cone orange at the same price without the need for the mail-in rebate.

It's rather meh as a bag, in that it's quite large and wide and doesn't conform at all to one's body, unlike some of the nicer messenger-ish shoulder bags. It also lacks a waist belt, which a bag with this much heft could use. The strap hardware is plastic, and I saw at least one review where the clip had failed. Given the size of the bag, it's probably easy to overload. And I would have liked some smaller pocket spaces. the top is just a foldover, with a tendency to leave openings at the top unless you fold in the sides of the flap, allowing dust and whatnot in.

But $15!!!

Now the good: the shoulder strap has a nice pad you can't see in the photo. The construction is typically good Lowepro. It has a handle in addition to the shoulder strap. The best feature, IMHO, is the interior: you've got oodles of dividers, both for vertical and horizontal organization. And best of all, the whole padded interior lifts out, and has a drawstring cover. Padded organizers like that usually cost more than $15 alone. Sheesh, it is a great container to haul your beer collection around in even if you don't need another camera bag.
11-21-2015, 03:31 PM   #3
Pentaxian

It's a VERY large bag. I have a Lowepro bag that was intended for medium format film gear back in the day. That bag used to cost about $150. This bag is shorter, but taller. I think it's about the same interior dimension, but just divided up differently. For the price....I love it. It can hold my longest zoom lenses and still have space for extras.
11-21-2015, 08:55 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
Yea beer cooler. That's exactly what I did with mine. Or, I use it for an overnight kit. For $15 it's perfect. I decided to carry my camera and lenses in a more preferred bag. Would have liked the gray instead of screaming orange.

11-22-2015, 09:13 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eddaytona Quote
Yea beer cooler. That's exactly what I did with mine. Or, I use it for an overnight kit. For $15 it's perfect. I decided to carry my camera and lenses in a more preferred bag. Would have liked the gray instead of screaming orange.
Yeah, but with the orange no one drives over it in the parking lot while tailgating before the game and your beer remains safe.

And it's nice in deer season too.

And who would think to steal something that ugly?
11-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
And who would think to steal something that ugly?
Depends how many cameras/lenses are in it
12-04-2015, 09:48 AM   #7

This sale is back on. Just ordered the grey bag, thinking I can find another use for the "orange" one I got a little while back. The $10 rebate expire on December 9th.

12-11-2015, 03:55 PM   #8

Photos: Gallery
Now only 10 bucks after rebate.
12-11-2015, 05:59 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I didn't think I needed another bag but for $9.99 after rebate, it's a no brainer. Just ordered one. Thanks for the heads-up.