Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
SIGMA Black Friday Lens Deals
Posted By: VampyreGTX, 11-23-2015, 02:10 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I got an email from Sigma, and it appears the sales prices are the same if you by it from Sigma or from other retailers like Amazon, Adorama, etc. I'm including links directly to the Sigma store, but you can select other retailers there as well. (Prices good till 11/30/15)

Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM for Pentax K Cameras
18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC (OS)* MACRO HSM ($250 off) - $299.00

Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Zoom Lens for Pentax DSLRs 58C109
17-50mm F2.8 EX DC (OS)* HSM ($250 off) - $419.00

There are others, but these are the two available in a Pentax mount.

The also have a handful of different lenses under the Instant savings tab with deals good through 12/31/15
Views: 2,093
11-23-2015, 02:18 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yup, at the moment it looks like these are the only Pentax mount price drops- and they're quite modest TBH.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-23-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
and they're quite modest TBH.
What's been the average price on the Sigma 17-50? I've got my eye on that one, but what's it been selling for new recently (I know the $250 off is from the MSRP, so not sure what' it's been selling for at Adorama or other retailers.)
11-23-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by VampyreGTX Quote
What's been the average price on the Sigma 17-50? I've got my eye on that one, but what's it been selling for new recently (I know the $250 off is from the MSRP, so not sure what' it's been selling for at Adorama or other retailers.)
The regular (already discounted) price is $469, so the black friday instant rebate is $50.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-23-2015, 03:43 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The regular (already discounted) price is $469, so the black friday instant rebate is $50.
I pulled the trigger on it. Been looking for a while for a fast indoor zoom. This is a good price.
Pretty much decided I will stay with APS-C and thus will get lenses made for this.
If you look at the three lenses in this range - the Pentax 16-50, tamron 17-50 and sigma 17-50, the sigma makes a lot of sense at this price point. Went back and read the 3 way comparison review and the sigma HSM wins hands down now. Even taking into account the Pentax discount.

Can't wait to get it!
11-23-2015, 05:46 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by TzalamChadash Quote
I pulled the trigger on it. Been looking for a while for a fast indoor zoom. This is a good price.
Pretty much decided I will stay with APS-C and thus will get lenses made for this.
If you look at the three lenses in this range - the Pentax 16-50, tamron 17-50 and sigma 17-50, the sigma makes a lot of sense at this price point. Went back and read the 3 way comparison review and the sigma HSM wins hands down now. Even taking into account the Pentax discount.

Can't wait to get it!
I bought the Sigma 17-50 a year ago at a similar price point. I love this lens. I sold my 40DA prime to fund it. The pictures are amazing. I recently bought the Sigma 35MM prime. Sigma makes an incredible product. Only down side some may have is that they are bigger than the equivalent Pentax lens. Personally, I don't find them that intrusive considering the outcome of the pictures they render. My next choice is the Pentax 77 FA vs the Sigma 85 prime. This one will be extremely difficult to make.
11-23-2015, 06:44 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by t2490jh Quote
I bought the Sigma 17-50 a year ago at a similar price point. I love this lens. I sold my 40DA prime to fund it. The pictures are amazing. I recently bought the Sigma 35MM prime. Sigma makes an incredible product. Only down side some may have is that they are bigger than the equivalent Pentax lens. Personally, I don't find them that intrusive considering the outcome of the pictures they render. My next choice is the Pentax 77 FA vs the Sigma 85 prime. This one will be extremely difficult to make.
I don't think the Sigma is any bigger than the Pentax 16-50, I think around the same weight and 77mm filter size. I almost bought it but ended up with the Pentax for $20 more. I needed the weather sealing; other than that, I would have been just as happy with the Sigma.

11-23-2015, 11:12 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by t2490jh Quote
Yeah. I got the DA 40 a while ago. I might sell it. It's just so small and easy to keep in the bag for those time when I go out with longer but slower zooms....

---------- Post added 11-23-15 at 11:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
I don't think the Sigma is any bigger than the Pentax 16-50, I think around the same weight and 77mm filter size. I almost bought it but ended up with the Pentax for $20 more. I needed the weather sealing; other than that, I would have been just as happy with the Sigma.
At $20 more I probably would have taken the Pentax for the weather sealing. But the gap is now $250-300
I already have the wr 18-135 and frankly for less than $100 you can get a basic 18-55 WR kit lens. How often does it rain indoors at a kids birthday party or at a wedding to justify that price gap for weather sealing?
11-24-2015, 01:26 AM   #9
Forum Member

As regards the Sigma 17-50mm: I think itīs time to introduce a new version of this lens. Fast standard zooms are the most popular and all three fast zooms (Pentax, Sigma, Tamron) are quite old. If Sigma made a new, preferably Art version of this fast zoom, I would definitely buy it.
11-24-2015, 06:41 AM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
As regards the Sigma 17-50mm: I think itīs time to introduce a new version of this lens. Fast standard zooms are the most popular and all three fast zooms (Pentax, Sigma, Tamron) are quite old. If Sigma made a new, preferably Art version of this fast zoom, I would definitely buy it.
Isn't the presently available lighter weight sigma with HSM at motor and without the OS of more recent vintage?
11-25-2015, 06:59 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VampyreGTX Quote
I got an email from Sigma, and it appears the sales prices are the same if you by it from Sigma or from other retailers like Amazon, Adorama, etc. I'm including links directly to the Sigma store, but you can select other retailers there as well. (Prices good till 11/30/15)

Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro HSM for Pentax K Cameras
18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC (OS)* MACRO HSM ($250 off) - $299.00

Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC HSM Zoom Lens for Pentax DSLRs 58C109
17-50mm F2.8 EX DC (OS)* HSM ($250 off) - $419.00

There are others, but these are the two available in a Pentax mount.

The also have a handful of different lenses under the Instant savings tab with deals good through 12/31/15
Here's a link to all the Sigma APS-C Pentax lenses, five of which have "instant savings" (as of 9:00pm EST on 11/25/2015): Lenses | Sigma Corporation of America
11-30-2015, 05:24 AM   #12
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TzalamChadash Quote
Isn't the presently available lighter weight sigma with HSM at motor and without the OS of more recent vintage?
Itīs still the "old era" Sigma, introduced before the new strategy (dividing lenses to Art, Contemporary and Sport branches).
11-30-2015, 08:33 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Also remember - you can get the Japan version (no US warranty, of course. You'd have to send to the Japan for any repair) of Sigma 17-50mm brand new for $298.

Sigma EX DC HSM 17 50 mm F2 8 Lens for Pentax from Japan | eBay

I got mine a few months ago, very pleased with it so far.