Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
PF Black Friday Special - Unlimited Attachments, PM Attachments, and Pentax eBook!
Posted By: Adam, 11-24-2015, 01:44 PM

The PF Black Friday special is back- if you've been running low on attachment space or if you've been looking to get more gallery or album space, here's your chance to get our best type of premium account at a fraction of the normal contribution requirement: just $49 a year! At the same time, you help support future content, features, and reviews on Pentax Forums.

Get the Black Friday Premium PentaxForums.com Account and enjoy:
  • Unlimited attachment space on the forum
  • Unlimited Pentax Forums marketplace access for personal & commercial sales
  • New! Attach photos in PMs
  • New! Free Pentax DSLR eBook each year*
  • Space for 10,000 photos in the albums
  • Space for 500 photos in the gallery
  • Images in signatures
  • Huge PM inbox
  • Custom user title
  • No banner ads
  • Green "loyal site supporter" username
To upgrade your account, click here and select the first account upgrade option shown on the page.

You can also choose to gift the upgraded account to another forum member: just type his or user username in at the bottom of the page before proceeding.

If you're currently a site supporter and you take advantage of this offer, one year will be added to the end of your current site supporter status, you'll be able to upgrade a friend's account for 3 months, and you'll instantly be upgraded to the new account type yourself (PM me after upgrading).

*to receive your Pentax eBook, PM me the title of the book you would like from among those available here.

Both PayPal and 2checkout (direct credit card) payments are accepted. Your account will be upgraded instantly, and it will renew every year until cancelled. The yearly contribution amount of $49 will be locked in (i.e. it won't increase) for as long as you maintain the upgraded account!

Name:  BFspecial.png
Views: 5517
Size:  62.0 KB

I'd like to thank everyone for their continued support of the forum- we wouldn't be what we are today without your help.

This account upgrade deal will be available from 11/24/2015 until 12/2/2015.

Views: 8,542
11-26-2015, 11:47 PM   #31
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRCDH Quote
Adam, thanks for the response on the ebook; I will watch for it. I was looking at your photos of butterflies; since you are from Arizona have you been to Butterfly Wonderland (or were they photographed there). I am planning a photo shoot there next Saturday with two photographer friends and will post some of the good ones since I am trying out some new lenses. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Not yet- I was actually planning to go there at some point, but all my photos are from the botanical garden.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-27-2015, 12:18 AM   #32
Site Supporter

*sigh* Still no camera deals that I can see. Except the ones already posted earlier this week from Samy's & Costco.
11-27-2015, 05:39 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Upgraded and PM sent!

You guys have saved me so much (18-35 Sigma Art; thanks for the warning. I tremble at the thought of the disaster that might have been) and then cost me even more (by infecting me with LBA), but the extra cost has been well worth it and lots of fun! Thanks!
11-27-2015, 09:52 AM   #34
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

csa, you are quite a source of information; first you help me with the K-3 LCD display protector and now the member benefits; again thank you for all of the help to date. Do you know how to take advantage of the free ebook offer? I sent Adam a question on this a bit earlier. Hope you all on this great website had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
It is my pleasure to be able to help a fellow Pentaxian!

(I see Adam responded to your question of the free ebook.) This ebook is such a wonderful source to learn more about your camera, you will enjoy it! Here again, we are most fortunate to have a member here that provides such a great source of information for us!

11-27-2015, 04:40 PM   #35
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

At the strong insistence of Otis Squirrel, I am going to take this offer. Otis says it will help his squirrels to get the respect here they deserve. He claims they have been harassed, bullied, and criticized unmercifully lately and he wants everyone to know they are huge Pentax and PForums supporters.

I do not believe his claims, they seem to roam here pretty freely, and his stories that they have been kidnapped, taken into back rooms and tortured for days is ridiculous. He says others have been deprived of their nuts....and I don't believe that either. If you've seen any of the recent squirrel shots, you won't either!

Still, he has given me the cash for this from the Starving Orphan Squirrel Fund, so I do know he is serious.

From my point of view the Unlimited Attachments is worth the extra donation, even though I am already paid up through the year 2000.

If it's good enough for Otis, and from a guy that is already paid up through 2000, it is certainly a deal you had better jump on while it lasts!

Regards!
Rupert
11-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #36
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
If you donated last year, it should automatically renew. Looks like yours will do so in February.
thanks Adam!!!
11-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter

Not yet- I was actually planning to go there at some point, but all my photos are from the botanical garden.
Adam, we are getting together Saturday 12/5 at1pm, and if you would like to join us (two other photographers) we would enjoy your company. You will find the venue to be wonderful to photograph butterflies. Since they arrive at the facility in the chrysalis stage and emerge as butterflies in the presence of people, they have no fear and will pose on flowers or even land on you (see photo) if you are stationary. It really is a unique facility. See attached photos that I took at the beginning of 2015.

Attached Images

11-29-2015, 01:15 PM   #38
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Adam, we are getting together Saturday 12/5 at1pm, and if you would like to join us (two other photographers) we would enjoy your company. You will find the venue to be wonderful to photograph butterflies. Since they arrive at the facility in the chrysalis stage and emerge as butterflies in the presence of people, they have no fear and will pose on flowers or even land on you (see photo) if you are stationary. It really is a unique facility. See attached photos that I took at the beginning of 2015.
Wow, they look great! I'll shoot you a PM.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-29-2015, 07:01 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter

Wow, they look great! I'll shoot you a PM.
Adam, I am glad that you enjoyed the photos; let me know if you would like to come along, I will watch for your PM.
11-29-2015, 11:10 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter

I have you down for a K-3 book; you should receive it via e-mail directly from Yvon around the end of the month.
Adam, I just received the ebook on the K-3 via email and it is "everything you want to know about the K-3 and how to use it"!! I am looking forward to spending some quality time to digest the contents of this book; it appears to be a real information resource on the K-3 and photography in general. Thanks again for making this happen so quickly.
11-30-2015, 12:25 AM   #41
Pentaxian

I also received my e-book for the K-5! Thank you very much!
11-30-2015, 01:07 PM   #42
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
All eBooks for those who donated by 11/29 should now be sent out. Please shoot me a PM if you did not receive yours. Thanks!

Adam

11-30-2015, 09:58 PM   #43

Photos: Gallery
I upgraded my account a couple of weeks ago, but like the others I hopped on this, too. Thanks for locking in the $49/yr. subscription price, Adam! This is great for people on fixed incomes and otherwise limited budgets. You rock for doing this.
12-01-2015, 04:09 PM   #44
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
As much as I would love to take up this offer, and as much as I like this forum, due to my circumstances, I guess I am going to have to wait and see if it will be offered again next year and if things will be better for me.

Having no money to support a great website stinks. On the other hand, I don't have LBA or BBA.
12-01-2015, 04:25 PM   #45
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
As much as I would love to take up this offer, and as much as I like this forum, due to my circumstances, I guess I am going to have to wait and see if it will be offered again next year and if things will be better for me.

Having no money to support a great website stinks. On the other hand, I don't have LBA or BBA.
Circumstances always should dictate. This is a hobby for most (aside from the small percentage of pro photographers on the site). It's a mistake to commit funds to a hobby when necessities prevent it... No-one with any heart or sense would criticise you... and most will (should!) admire your immunity to LBA & BBA