Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
PF Black Friday Special - Unlimited Attachments, PM Attachments, and Pentax eBook!
Posted By: Adam, 11-24-2015, 01:44 PM

The PF Black Friday special is back- if you've been running low on attachment space or if you've been looking to get more gallery or album space, here's your chance to get our best type of premium account at a fraction of the normal contribution requirement: just $49 a year! At the same time, you help support future content, features, and reviews on Pentax Forums.

Get the Black Friday Premium PentaxForums.com Account and enjoy:
  • Unlimited attachment space on the forum
  • Unlimited Pentax Forums marketplace access for personal & commercial sales
  • New! Attach photos in PMs
  • New! Free Pentax DSLR eBook each year*
  • Space for 10,000 photos in the albums
  • Space for 500 photos in the gallery
  • Images in signatures
  • Huge PM inbox
  • Custom user title
  • No banner ads
  • Green "loyal site supporter" username
To upgrade your account, click here and select the first account upgrade option shown on the page.

You can also choose to gift the upgraded account to another forum member: just type his or user username in at the bottom of the page before proceeding.

If you're currently a site supporter and you take advantage of this offer, one year will be added to the end of your current site supporter status, you'll be able to upgrade a friend's account for 3 months, and you'll instantly be upgraded to the new account type yourself (PM me after upgrading).

*to receive your Pentax eBook, PM me the title of the book you would like from among those available here.

Both PayPal and 2checkout (direct credit card) payments are accepted. Your account will be upgraded instantly, and it will renew every year until cancelled. The yearly contribution amount of $49 will be locked in (i.e. it won't increase) for as long as you maintain the upgraded account!

Name:  BFspecial.png
Views: 5517
Size:  62.0 KB

I'd like to thank everyone for their continued support of the forum- we wouldn't be what we are today without your help.

This account upgrade deal will be available from 11/24/2015 until 12/2/2015.

Views: 8,538
11-25-2015, 01:00 PM   #16
F/8 & Somewhere
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Yep - a good deal. Helps with LBA.

11-25-2015, 04:07 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I renewed my account last week but still could not pass this up. Just took advantage of this great deal.
11-25-2015, 06:51 PM   #18

This is a wonderful offer ! Thank you Adam and the PF team.
11-25-2015, 06:51 PM   #19
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam does my account automatically renew or do I need to do this. Thanks!!!

11-25-2015, 07:08 PM   #20
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
Adam does my account automatically renew or do I need to do this. Thanks!!!
If you donated last year, it should automatically renew. Looks like yours will do so in February.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-25-2015, 09:58 PM - 1 Like   #21
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Another voice in the chorus of praise for Adam and this great site.

I've just taken this deal. I notice that Paypal set it up as a recurring payment of $US49, with the next payment this time next year. Two questions from that.
1. Shouldn't the recurring payment date be the anniversary of my previous subscription end date? That is, Site Supporter paid up to Feb 2016 + Loyal Site Supporter sub -> renewal date Feb 2017
2. What if this offer isn't around at renewal, so $49 won't cover it?
Should I just cancel the recurring payment and pay next time when it falls due?
11-25-2015, 11:08 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

New Forum Supporter With Some Questions

I have found this forum to be a real resource in getting input and feedback on various questions involving products, technique, optimizing camera features, and general interchange of information on an international basis. I would be interested in getting more information on some of the Black Friday special features and how to utilize them (unlimited attachment space (how is this accessed); forum marketplace (how does this work); how does one access the free Pentax DSLR ebook (I am interested in the one on the K3, which I recently purchased from B&H); images in signatures (what is this feature); PM inbox (how is this accessed); custom user title (how is this set up), and any other benefits that come with being a supporter other than the obvious interchange among forum members. I would also like to get one of those banners (PENTAX K-3 PROUD OWNER showing equipment used). I just made a purchase from B&H this morning (Sigma 18-250 lens, Adobe software, and filters). What is the relationship with B&H relative to the forum?
Thanks in advance for your feedback on the above questions.

Last edited by MRCDH; 11-25-2015 at 11:22 PM. Reason: make an addition
11-26-2015, 07:29 AM - 1 Like   #23
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MRCDH Quote
I have found this forum to be a real resource in getting input and feedback on various questions involving products, technique, optimizing camera features, and general interchange of information on an international basis. I would be interested in getting more information on some of the Black Friday special features and how to utilize them (unlimited attachment space (how is this accessed); forum marketplace (how does this work); how does one access the free Pentax DSLR ebook (I am interested in the one on the K3, which I recently purchased from B&H); images in signatures (what is this feature); PM inbox (how is this accessed); custom user title (how is this set up), and any other benefits that come with being a supporter other than the obvious interchange among forum members. I would also like to get one of those banners (PENTAX K-3 PROUD OWNER showing equipment used). I just made a purchase from B&H this morning (Sigma 18-250 lens, Adobe software, and filters). What is the relationship with B&H relative to the forum?
Thanks in advance for your feedback on the above questions.
1. Unlimited attachment space: this is accessed anytime you add "attachments", such as photos in any of your posts. With the "Loyal supporter", there is no limit, whereas those that are not in this bracket have a maximum amount of attachment space.

2. Forum Marketplace: Members here buy/sell on the Marketplace. I feel more confident buying from members here, than chancing other internet possibilities.

3. PM box: this is for private messages among the members here. If you wish to contact a member, simply click on their name on one of their posts, and a dropdown box will open. You will see the option there.

4. K3 banners in signature: At the top of the K3 thread, there is a thread that has all the banners that members can put in their signatures, if they qualify.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/239271-pentax-k-3-signatur...r-banners.html

5. B&H and Adorama both have representatives that are members here, that graciously answer questions and assist members with any problems they may have. We are very fortunate to have them here!

BTW, Welcome to the forum, and thanks for supporting the site, as well!

Last edited by csa; 11-26-2015 at 09:22 AM.
11-26-2015, 03:03 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Donated again whether I needed to or not!

Happy Thanksgiving to Adam and all Pentaxians.
11-26-2015, 03:12 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Another voice in the chorus of praise for Adam and this great site.

I've just taken this deal. I notice that Paypal set it up as a recurring payment of $US49, with the next payment this time next year. Two questions from that.
1. Shouldn't the recurring payment date be the anniversary of my previous subscription end date? That is, Site Supporter paid up to Feb 2016 + Loyal Site Supporter sub -> renewal date Feb 2017
2. What if this offer isn't around at renewal, so $49 won't cover it?
Should I just cancel the recurring payment and pay next time when it falls due?
The renewal price will remain the same for as long as you keep the subscription (i.e. $49 will do it, even 10 years from now)

I have to manually update your expiration date if you were already a site supporter. However, the renewal will happen a year form today and that will stay on top of your existing expiration, which would make your new expiration Feb 2018.

I have found this forum to be a real resource in getting input and feedback on various questions involving products, technique, optimizing camera features, and general interchange of information on an international basis. I would be interested in getting more information on some of the Black Friday special features and how to utilize them (unlimited attachment space (how is this accessed); forum marketplace (how does this work); how does one access the free Pentax DSLR ebook (I am interested in the one on the K3, which I recently purchased from B&H); images in signatures (what is this feature); PM inbox (how is this accessed); custom user title (how is this set up), and any other benefits that come with being a supporter other than the obvious interchange among forum members. I would also like to get one of those banners (PENTAX K-3 PROUD OWNER showing equipment used). I just made a purchase from B&H this morning (Sigma 18-250 lens, Adobe software, and filters). What is the relationship with B&H relative to the forum? Thanks in advance for your feedback on the above questions.
csa summarized things nicely in post #23, but feel free to shoot me a PM or post in the site help forum if you still have any other questions.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-26-2015, 06:36 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
1. Unlimited attachment space: this is accessed anytime you add "attachments", such as photos in any of your posts. With the "Loyal supporter", there is no limit, whereas those that are not in this bracket have a maximum amount of attachment space.

2. Forum Marketplace: Members here buy/sell on the Marketplace. I feel more confident buying from members here, than chancing other internet possibilities.

3. PM box: this is for private messages among the members here. If you wish to contact a member, simply click on their name on one of their posts, and a dropdown box will open. You will see the option there.

4. K3 banners in signature: At the top of the K3 thread, there is a thread that has all the banners that members can put in their signatures, if they qualify.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/239271-pentax-k-3-signatur...r-banners.html

5. B&H and Adorama both have representatives that are members here, that graciously answer questions and assist members with any problems they may have. We are very fortunate to have them here!

You also get a free e-book of your choice. See list here: ebooks4cameras.com

Last edited by ebooks4pentax; 11-26-2015 at 07:24 PM.
11-26-2015, 06:48 PM   #27
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The renewal price will remain the same for as long as you keep the subscription (i.e. $49 will do it, even 10 years from now)
Thanks Adam. It's an even better deal than I thought!
11-26-2015, 10:31 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter

I have to manually update your expiration date if you were already a site supporter. However, the renewal will happen a year form today and that will stay on top of your existing expiration, which would make your new expiration Feb 2018.

csa summarized things nicely in post #23, but feel free to shoot me a PM or post in the site help forum if you still have any other questions.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Adam, thank you for all you do relative to this forum; it is a real resource and has a wealth of information on just about anything you wish to know about one's Pentax equipment. I recently took advantage of your attractive Black Friday special and I am look forward to utilize the many services that this level of membership offers. You mentioned about accessing a free ebook of our choosing; how does one go about receiving the ebook (I am interested in the one covering the Pentax K-3). Thank you in advance for your feedback and providing this wonderful website.

---------- Post added 11-26-15 at 10:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote

csa, you are quite a source of information; first you help me with the K-3 LCD display protector and now the member benefits; again thank you for all of the help to date. Do you know how to take advantage of the free ebook offer? I sent Adam a question on this a bit earlier. Hope you all on this great website had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
11-26-2015, 10:41 PM   #29
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
csa, you are quite a source of information; first you help me with the K-3 LCD display protector and now the member benefits; again thank you for all of the help to date. Do you know how to take advantage of the free ebook offer? I sent Adam a question on this a bit earlier. Hope you all on this great website had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I have you down for a K-3 book; you should receive it via e-mail directly from Yvon around the end of the month.

Adam

11-26-2015, 11:31 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter

I have you down for a K-3 book; you should receive it via e-mail directly from Yvon around the end of the month.
Adam, thanks for the response on the ebook; I will watch for it. I was looking at your photos of butterflies; since you are from Arizona have you been to Butterfly Wonderland (or were they photographed there). I am planning a photo shoot there next Saturday with two photographer friends and will post some of the good ones since I am trying out some new lenses. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.