Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pentax K-3 II Black Friday @ B&H
Posted By: Adam, 11-27-2015, 01:06 PM

Take an additional $100 off the Pentax K-3 II at B&H, for a final price of $749 (previously $849):

Pentax K-3 II DSLR Camera (Body Only) 16160 B&H Photo Video

Views: 6,690
11-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good deal mikeSF. I need to get off the fence and pull the trigger.

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
Rebate is through Promaster, so it could work at other Promaster dealers if they carry Pentax too.
Potentially but I would suggest contacting Promaster before purchasing. Apparently this rebate deal was only supposed to be with certain Promaster dealers. While some purchased through Image One, I was told by Promaster that Image One was not a participating dealer and rebate submissions from purchases from Image One may be declined. So again, better to contact them before a purchase.

ahuman@promaster.com

11-27-2015, 05:57 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
Potentially but I would suggest contacting Promaster before purchasing. Apparently this rebate deal was only supposed to be with certain Promaster dealers. While some purchased through Image One, I was told by Promaster that Image One was not a participating dealer and rebate submissions from purchases from Image One may be declined. So again, better to contact them before a purchase.
Thank you for additional information. In the original Samys thread I believe a5m contacted Image One and Promaster:

QuoteOriginally posted by a5m Quote
So an update on the Image One Camera and Video price. I called the store and they said the rebate would still apply although their price is a sale price. I wrote an email to ProMaster and they said the same thing, that a sale price wouldn't make a difference.

I think the term "any other promotion" is a general statement that'll apply in the event that ProMaster happens to have two promotions running and you try to apply to both.

I will get a confirmation from ProMaster in writing and keep it on file, and if anyone in the future has any issues I'll forward the email as proof. But I highly doubt that would be the case.
Certainly worth doing your homework for each dealer though.
11-27-2015, 06:03 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
Thank you for additional information. In the original Samys thread I believe a5m contacted Image One and Promaster:

Certainly worth doing your homework for each dealer though.
Yes, I contacted Promaster as well. I was asked to not divulge specifics but the rebate was not meant to apply to Image One. However, I believe they were able to make some exceptions because it wasn't expressly stated which Promaster dealers were participating. But, going forward, I cannot say if they will still be willing to make the same exceptions which is why I suggest contacting them first. The person I "talked" to (via email) was extremely helpful and quick to respond.
11-27-2015, 06:18 PM   #19
Dan
Pentaxian

Still not as good as the Samy's deal after rebate.
I would rather pay an extra 50 bucks and not have to deal with a rebate. I also know from past experience that I can return an item to B&H without any hassle if the need arises. Peace of mind has a dollar value, which in my case exceeds 50 bucks.

I prefer the B&H deal.

Dan

11-27-2015, 06:42 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
But B&H sells the extended two year warranty and has hands down better customer service. Keep in mind I have had a prime account since day 1 and been buying from Amazon since it was a little bulletin board site. I would still buy from B&H. Amazon has really been slacking on their packaging lately.
Don't forget that a lot of credit cards offer an extended warranty. Check your terms and benefits.
11-27-2015, 07:13 PM   #21
Forum Member

Image One is on the list of Promaster dealers. When I bought my K3ii from them they (Image One) provided me with the rebate form. Included with my purchase was a flu card and battery grip. With the rebate I will have paid $650. plus tax.
11-27-2015, 07:14 PM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Quartermaster James Quote
Don't forget that a lot of credit cards offer an extended warranty. Check your terms and benefits.
With the extended warranty you get one free CLA. It's worth that just for the price.

11-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The person I "talked" to (via email) was extremely helpful and quick to respond.
Thanks for clarifying the situation. I know Promaster is a cooperative of dealers, so it wouldn't surprise me if they had different arrangements. It's certainly good to here another person commenting that they were responsive and helpful.

I have purchased from both Samys and B&H without problems. The catch for me is that buying from B&H adds sales to the total.
11-27-2015, 07:27 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

With the extended warranty you get one free CLA. It's worth that just for the price.
Thanks! Do you know if it has to go through Precision if it's a North America service?
11-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Quote
I would rather pay an extra 50 bucks and not have to deal with a rebate. I also know from past experience that I can return an item to B&H without any hassle if the need arises. Peace of mind has a dollar value, which in my case exceeds 50 bucks.

I prefer the B&H deal.

Dan
That is an interesting perspective, Dan. Is there a reason you wouldn't have peace of mind ordering from Samy's or another dealer? I find it interesting that you would pay more than you needed to just in case you needed to return it.

QuoteOriginally posted by jb0501 Quote
Image One is on the list of Promaster dealers. When I bought my K3ii from them they (Image One) provided me with the rebate form. Included with my purchase was a flu card and battery grip. With the rebate I will have paid $650. plus tax.
I can't argue that and that was a fantastic deal. Unfortunately I'm in the Midwest with no local shops really so I'm limited to online ordering. I'd love to get the same deal as you did but I don't think they would offer that up over the phone.

Regarding the rebate stuff, perhaps Image One meant for it to be an in-store only rebate as I don't think they had it on their website at all. All I can go on is what the person from Promaster told me. In the end, it is Promaster issuing the rebate and not the dealer so I wanted it written in an email from them that the rebate would be honored.
11-27-2015, 07:59 PM - 1 Like   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TomTom Quote
Nice price! Now if only there was a K-3 deal...
Well, we can always hold out hope for Cyber Monday!
11-27-2015, 08:09 PM - 1 Like   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Quartermaster James Quote
Thanks! Do you know if it has to go through Precision if it's a North America service?
Unfortunately yes, I still have two years on my warranty. Hopefully by then there will be a better option than Precision.
11-27-2015, 08:44 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Unfortunately yes, I still have two years on my warranty. Hopefully by then there will be a better option than Precision.
Thanks again! Just realized that there is the Pentax extended warranty as well as the Square Trade warranty that is pushed on the camera page.
11-28-2015, 11:54 AM - 1 Like   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Quote

I prefer the B&H deal.

Dan
Agreed. I find it interesting that B&H is offering the free AF200 flash with the K-3, which has an integrated flash, and not the K-3 II, which has no flash and arguably needs the unit.
11-28-2015, 01:05 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Good deal mikeSF. I need to get off the fence and pull the trigger.

ahuman@promaster.com
ahuman@promaster never replied to my confirmed O.K. email inquiry. It was polite, clear, and explicit, BTW. --> COULD ANYONE FIND A PHONE# THAT GETS YOU TO AN ACTUAL HUMAN AT PROMASTER?