Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread

Pentax K-3 II Black Friday @ B&H
Posted By: Adam, 11-27-2015, 01:06 PM

Take an additional $100 off the Pentax K-3 II at B&H, for a final price of $749 (previously $849):

Pentax K-3 II DSLR Camera (Body Only) 16160 B&H Photo Video

Views: 6,692
11-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Interesting, I got a response today

11-28-2015, 01:30 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
What was the response?
11-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #33
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
Agreed. I find it interesting that B&H is offering the free AF200 flash with the K-3, which has an integrated flash, and not the K-3 II, which has no flash and arguably needs the unit.
The bundle isn't primarily to benefit you, the consumer. The bundle is to help them unload a ton of discontinued flashes from inventory while making the offer look sweeter.
11-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
What was the response?
Sorry, I was on my phone earlier. The question I had asked today was in regards to the KS-1 I picked up as a gift and the fact that there was a sticker over the UPC. I just wanted to know if I should leave the sticker when submitting the rebate. Perhaps I got a quick response because I already had a "conversation" via email going with a rep and my question was routed directly to him. Not sure how they handle inquiries. I think it may have been a day or two before I heard my first response. However, I have been quite satisfied with the communication from Promaster.

Thread about the KS-1 rebate and the response I got:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/307025-samys-ricoh-...ml#post3442614

11-28-2015, 05:28 PM   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Yeah, but I get an additional 10% cash back from discover for Amazon.
Hehe, thanks for the reminder.... and if we can do Apple Pay..... that is another 10% cash back through discover.
11-28-2015, 06:26 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
I was simply trying to get an explicit answer as to whether they'd honor the rebate terms for purchase of a K3 II... AND a K-S1 as a second body/backup. The language on the rebate form definitely implies than multiple rebate requests may be accepted, but they neglected to even hint at what limitations and restrictions might apply. I'm in a buying frame of mind for a K-S1 to ride clipped to my belt with a Spyder Black Widow or similar clone... or attached to my backpack strap via the Peak Design alternative. BTW, if the Imaging Resource comparator images are to be taken as a fair comparison, my Sony A5000 produces results of virtually identical resolution & contrast to the Pentax 20.1mp models (via Bionz X processor and a weak AA filter) on my pretty nicely resolving Asus T100TA tablet. There's just a bit of difference in certain colors, but both look swell and produce the same outstanding micro contrast, smooth gradations, and natural colors that draw me to that 20.1 effective mp Sony sensor. I think it remains very much an underappreciated 'sleeper' out there in the marketplace. Look at the mannequins and the 'house poster' images, in particular... then compare A6000/A5100 and K3 results. Interesting.

---------- Post added 11-28-15 at 08:29 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Maksim Quote
Hehe, thanks for the reminder.... and if we can do Apple Pay..... that is another 10% cash back through discover.
Could you explain for me how THAT might work? Apologies for the lack of savvy here.
11-28-2015, 07:16 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kayaker-J Quote
I was simply trying to get an explicit answer as to whether they'd honor the rebate terms for purchase of a K3 II... AND a K-S1 as a second body/backup. The language on the rebate form definitely implies than multiple rebate requests may be accepted, but they neglected to even hint at what limitations and restrictions might apply.
Gotcha. I actually asked the same question since I picked up the KS-1 and I'm still on the fence on the K-3 II. Here is the response I got:

QuoteQuote:
While the rebate form does say " ProMaster reserves the right to limit the number of rebates issued to any individual or household", to my knowledge we have yet to limit anyone (we recently had a school redeem 20 rebates). The verbiage is there to protect us from a re-seller buying a large quantity. You shouldn't have any issues.

11-30-2015, 04:42 PM - 1 Like   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
no worries. I just reserved the last one in stock at the SF store and am going for it tomorrow. sweet deal!
and in the end I decided to order from amazon as the prices were a wash to the Samy's deal once i figured in the cost of leaving home, lol.
I have always had a great experience with amazon since I bought a Tamron 70-200 that was out of focus calibration and they overnighted a replacement lens to me no questions asked. Then, after I shipped the defective one back and realized i had forgotten to remove my expensive polarizer, they issued me a store credit to buy a replacement polarizer. With our family Prime membership, shipping is 2 days and free.
12-01-2015, 10:30 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, I was all ready to pull the trigger on one of these, used the forum link, had in the cart, went to check out and then noticed that it didn't qualify for free shipping!? Every other Pentax body I looked at did, but not this one (sigh)...

Now I've found it on Amazon for about $20 less and free prime shipping. Can anyone confirm that the Amazon one's aren't gray market or are there any other concerns? I'd rather buy from B&H but, with shipping the difference is about $40.
12-01-2015, 10:51 AM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JimS_256 Quote
Now I've found it on Amazon for about $20 less and free prime shipping. Can anyone confirm that the Amazon one's aren't gray market or are there any other concerns? I'd rather buy from B&H but, with shipping the difference is about $40.
Amazon handles many sellers. Whether it is gray market or legit with US Warranty depends on which seller you've chosen at Amazon.

Edit: Not sure where in the US you are, but I just checked shipping to me (been considering this offer for a while) and it is $9.41 UPS Ground. The next most expensive is UPS 2-day Air at $20.89 and then FedEx Express Saver at $24.65. That's from NYC to TX, a pretty good distance. Personally, I'd stay with a dealer I knew was legit for sure.

The page for the package at B&H says: Shipping Charges Apply. When you click that link, it says: Due to this item's characteristics, it is not eligible for free Shipping. Shipping Charges Apply. Calculate Shipping charges for this item. That takes you to a calculation of your shipping costs.

Anyway, best of luck with your shopping!

Last edited by yucatanPentax; 12-01-2015 at 10:57 AM. Reason: shipping info added
12-01-2015, 10:53 AM   #41
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
Amazon handles many sellers. Whether it is gray market or legit with US Warranty depends on which seller you've chosen at Amazon.
The seller was listed as Eagle Camera.
12-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #42
Pentaxian

The seller was listed as Eagle Camera.
they are an authorized US dealer
12-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

they are an authorized US dealer
Thanks for the responses!

The Amazon deal was $729.49 with free Prime 2 day shipping, at B&H it would have been $773.41 with comparable shipping, (24.41 for UPS 2 day). I would have prefered to order from B&H and would have been willing to pay a little more but the shipping cost tipped the scale to Amazon.
12-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #44
Pentaxian

Thanks for the responses!

The Amazon deal was $729.49 with free Prime 2 day shipping, at B&H it would have been $773.41 with comparable shipping, (24.41 for UPS 2 day). I would have prefered to order from B&H and would have been willing to pay a little more but the shipping cost tipped the scale to Amazon.
yes, i did that same 729.49 deal with Eagle camera and there was NO TAX, free 2 day shipping, and it arrives tomorrow.

---------- Post added 12-01-2015 at 02:29 PM ----------

yes, i did that same 729.49 deal with Eagle camera and there was NO TAX, free 2 day shipping, and it arrives tomorrow.
...and did i mention I also ordered a 645Z yesterday?
12-01-2015, 03:43 PM - 2 Likes   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Just got the alert from Amazon about this price drop on the K-3ii!
Attached Images