Posted By: Adam, 11-29-2015, 04:13 PM

Looks like a nice deal on a fairly spacious bag:

Lowepro Nova Sport 17L AW Shoulder Bag, Slate Gray LP36610

Views: 1,400
11-29-2015, 04:52 PM   #2

Photos: Albums
they raised the price $4?
11-29-2015, 05:28 PM   #3

The orange was $15. Waiting for the 35L to go $15 again.
11-29-2015, 05:31 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This was the previous deal for the 35L after a rebate. This one is a little smaller it appears.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/308329-lowepro-nova...er-rebate.html

11-29-2015, 09:28 PM   #5

does anyone have this and do they like it?
11-30-2015, 12:11 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I have the middle size [17L?], plus two of the large 35L's, all in the red/orange 'pepper' color. That color, with the medium grey trim, is bright and cheery, but not 'overhyped'; and it's better than what you might expect from so many people just calling that color "orange" here -- I'd say LowePro is justified in giving that color a non-generic name. It's distinctive. I'm a "semi-retired" design professional, BTW... FWIW. I haven't seen the grey version. Medium grey on other LowePro bags I have seen has looked rather 'blah', and a bit too 'flat & opaque'... which is typical of grey when applied to these sorts of synthetic fabrics. But maybe you want that.

The construction quality of the larger bag falls short of what I see in my smaller version. [EDIT: I didn't see that this deal is now on the 17L, not the larger bag... so: "to whom it may concern", then.] This refers to the aesthetics, primarily. There might be several reasons for that. The side pocket construction is kind of dodgy, but it seems sturdy enough for what it is. I call this one too large for a camera bag -- too deep, especially; meaning you have this boxy bag sticking out too far from your body... if you expect to carry it at your side, as opposed to swinging it behind you. I bought mine for carrying other gear, musician's stuff, mostly. I'll scavenge most of the partitions to use elsewhere. But maybe you like to carry the proverbial "everything but the kitchen sink" size load! Did I just date myself again? Anyway, do think about the top to bottom depth and whether all that depth is really helpful to you and practical in use. But don't overthink this -- the thing is deep discounted to $19/$15, for Pete's sake! As one philosopher at Fat Wallet, or some such site I was once consulting put it, with respect to some fellow's elaborate scheme for max-ing out his discounts, stacked coupons, and rebate(s) on a laptop purchase: "Too much greed ain't a good thing, man." Sage advice, I have to think.

EDIT: The size of the 17L is O.K. for the usual in a camera bag. The F-Stop Millar, the 'one-size down' version that was posted on offer here at 50% discount, direct (about a year and a half back), is slimmer and classier, though. You'll have to check to see if they still have that in the line; and whether they still have a deal on offer worth pursuing. Forget nineteen bucks, in that case. Personally, I prefer to split my camera gear up into smaller, mix and match, 'modular' carrying units, each optimized for its own task. "Horses for courses", as I've put it here before. The Millar bag I cited, plus their nicely proportioned 'Brooklyn' sling pack, can work together in this fashion. I bought the light toned, rather 'organic' green color, which is both upscale-looking and doesn't announce the totes as camera bags.

Last edited by Kayaker-J; 11-30-2015 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Didn't have my reading glasses on!
11-30-2015, 03:11 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lgbalfa Quote
does anyone have this and do they like it?
I have it in the Pepper Red and I do like it. Right now I have an F50, F35-70, DA15, Rokinon 8mm fisheye, and AF200FG flash, all in compartments, a K-50 with DA18-135, sitting above the compartments, in the front and side pockets I have several CP and ND filters, extras batteries, cards, QR plates, etc. There is also a Black Rapid Cross Shot strap in the large compartment with one of the lenses. I would not get that many larger lenses in, definitely not a 70-200 without taking most of the space up. It is kind of a deep bag, but the partitions go to about half the height of the bag, which is nice with small lenses as I can set a camera on top and it is well separated. I've thought about buying the gray too, but I really have too many bags now. This is the one I am using the most now.

12-01-2015, 04:27 PM   #8

Lowepro Nova Sport 17L AW Shoulder Bag, Pepper Red LP36611

The Orange is now $10.

---------- Post added 12-01-15 at 04:30 PM ----------

Amazon.com : Lowepro LP36609-PWW Nova Sport 35L AW Camera Bag (Pepper Red) : Camera Cases : Camera & Photo

The biggest one is $15. I'm buying one to store lenses.