Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread

Any one Pentax Lens = 20% off via Ricoh
Posted By: yucatanPentax, 11-30-2015, 12:32 AM

Cyber Monday at Ricoh US:

For one day only we are offering 20% off any one lens purchase.
Code: CYBER20

lenses | Ricoh Imaging

Last edited by yucatanPentax; 11-30-2015 at 01:43 AM. Reason: added "US" - not sure if valid via other Ricoh locations.
Views: 4,528
12-05-2015, 01:52 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kath Quote
I'm getting the same message for my purchase, too. It's quite disconcerting, since the original order page said I would receive it in 3-7 days. We're used to a higher standard of communication when we spend our hard-earned money online. That standard makes up for the absence of in-person assurance. As in, "Here's my money/Here's your lens."

I wrote an email yesterday to inquire about the lens' whereabouts. They'll be getting another one from me when this is over.

They sure do make you work for that discount.

I have my fingers crossed for you and BBC5...... hope this all works out well!

12-05-2015, 01:58 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
I have my fingers crossed for you and BBC5...... hope this all works out well!
Thanks, my friend. I'm optimistic by nature, so I feel sure it will end fine.
12-05-2015, 02:08 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I suspect this Webstore provider will eventually be significantly better than the prior contract Dealer. It seems to be taking a few months to get things properly set up.
12-05-2015, 02:14 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, my friend. I'm optimistic by nature, so I feel sure it will end fine.

Last year during the Black Friday sales there was a big turmoil with the Ricoh Web Store over a very low price listed on either the FA 31 or FA 77. A number of folks jumped on the price but then the problems started. In the end I believe that everyone received their new lens but it took awhile. I'm sure it will work out again this time.

12-05-2015, 04:43 PM   #20

I'm getting the same message for my purchase, too. It's quite disconcerting, since the original order page said I would receive it in 3-7 days. We're used to a higher standard of communication when we spend our hard-earned money online. That standard makes up for the absence of in-person assurance. As in, "Here's my money/Here's your lens."

I wrote an email yesterday to inquire about the lens' whereabouts. They'll be getting another one from me when this is over.

They sure do make you work for that discount.
This is the reply I got from Shopatron, share yours once you get one. They also sent me a satisfaction survey!

"Thank you for your email. Our records indicate that your order is currently being processed for shipment. When your order is listed as 'Ready' in our system, it is typically shipped within 24 to 48 business hours. However, there are occasions where an order may have longer processing times

With our local fulfillment model, we are able to provide fast delivery times at no additional cost. If it takes a little longer to ship your order, chances are that the order is not too far from your location and you will receive it in a short amount of time.

According to our customer surveys, over 20% of all our customers receive their products within 3 days of placing their order and 65% of customers receive their order within 5 days of placing their order.

We apologize for the inconvenience if there is a shipment delay, but we do appreciate your patience. We look forward to shipping you these items as fast as possible."

12-05-2015, 08:03 PM   #21
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BBC5 Quote
This is the reply I got from Shopatron, share yours once you get one. They also sent me a satisfaction survey!

"Thank you for your email. Our records indicate that your order is currently being processed for shipment. When your order is listed as 'Ready' in our system, it is typically shipped within 24 to 48 business hours. However, there are occasions where an order may have longer processing times

With our local fulfillment model, we are able to provide fast delivery times at no additional cost. If it takes a little longer to ship your order, chances are that the order is not too far from your location and you will receive it in a short amount of time.

According to our customer surveys, over 20% of all our customers receive their products within 3 days of placing their order and 65% of customers receive their order within 5 days of placing their order.

We apologize for the inconvenience if there is a shipment delay, but we do appreciate your patience. We look forward to shipping you these items as fast as possible."

Good one! What percent received theirs 8 days after placing their order? let's see... There's you and me and...

@kilohotelphoto got his 3 days ago. At least we know they're getting sent.

I don't care much for the generic response when I've just handed over my entire bank account. Come on, Ricoh, some real communication is much more useful.
12-05-2015, 09:46 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It probably isn't really RICOH. It's another third-party provider (Shopatron?) 'handling' Ricoh America's Webstore (website, listings, inventory, order handling, communication, etc.) as an independent 'Dealer' using the Pentax brand name under contract. They probably oversold their inventory. It's happened before. You'll probably wait until they have stock shipped from Japan.

12-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It probably isn't really RICOH. It's another third-party provider (Shopatron?) 'handling' Ricoh America's Webstore (website, listings, inventory, order handling, communication, etc.) as an independent 'Dealer' using the Pentax brand name under contract. They probably oversold their inventory. It's happened before. You'll probably wait until they have stock shipped from Japan.
As so many have said before, Ricoh/Pentax is unusually sloppy with their customer service. It shouldn't matter to me what Joe-blow third-party order-fulfillment service they choose to use (yes, Shopatron, dear god), Ricoh is the responsible party here. What's a reputation worth? When you're competing with the likes of Amazon and other companies who send you an email for every step they take, these guys look pretty third-rate.

I sent an email requesting the location of my lens and when I should expect to see it. This is the response I just received:

"Thank you for your email regarding this situation. I apologize for the issue you are experiencing. Your order is being prepped for shipping, which can take 3-7 business days. Your order is expected to ship no later than Wednesday December 9. An email will be sent at that time with the tracking information for the shipment."

Word to the wise: If you order from Ricoh, pay the exorbitant price for 2-day shipping. At least you have some sort of "guarantee" about when you'll get it.
12-05-2015, 11:31 PM - 1 Like   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
How does "prepping" an order for shipment take 3-7 business days? 7 business days is a week and a half! Before it even hits the mail.

Take the lens off the shelf, put it in a box, stick on the shipping label and you're done.

It isn't just Amazon that's better and faster. Every mom-and-pop trinket seller on eBay is ten times better.
There's simply no excuse for anyone selling retail to be this non-communicative and slow..

My guess is that they drop-ship the items from Japan to the US, repackage and then reship them.
I've received used lenses directly from Japan in as much time as they need to "prepare for shipping."
12-06-2015, 06:30 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We've been through this routine once already with the prior vendor. We went through it with C.R.I.S. We got Precision. Now we get Shopatron.

Just don't buy from Ricoh. Use B&H or Adorama as the official store
12-06-2015, 11:22 AM   #26
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
We've been through this routine once already with the prior vendor. We went through it with C.R.I.S. We got Precision. Now we get Shopatron.

Just don't buy from Ricoh. Use B&H or Adorama as the official store
If only B&H had offered 20% off a $5000 lens, I'd be taking happy shots of herons right now. I gladly hand my money over to B&H on a routine basis and have been nothing but satisified every step of the way.

But, all will be well when it arrives. I'll be out in the crisp December air looking for critters.
12-06-2015, 01:43 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If only B&H had offered 20% off a $5000 lens, I'd be taking happy shots of herons right now. I gladly hand my money over to B&H on a routine basis and have been nothing but satisified every step of the way.

But, all will be well when it arrives. I'll be out in the crisp December air looking for critters.

Yup! taking pictures of Birds on the Christmas day bird count... ;-)
12-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #28
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
Yup! taking pictures of Birds on the Christmas day bird count... ;-)

Do they let you do it on your own?

Those birders move too fast for me! I'll stand for hours in one place waiting for my shot but they're like "OK, got that one! What's next on the list?" And I'm running down the road after them with my tripod and huge lens waving in the wind.
12-07-2015, 02:19 PM   #29

QuoteOriginally posted by BBC5 Quote

I was just told that the lens is on back order...It has been a week so far, and now it will be another week before they will get the lens and then re-ship to me! So I'll have it in 3 weeks? Not a happy camper.
12-07-2015, 03:38 PM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I feel really bad about even pointing out the sale at Pentax. Honestly, I just thought there were some fairly decent prices on higher priced lenses with the 20% off. I'm hoping everyone's order is eventually fulfilled.

I'm curious, have they charged your credit card or have they said the charge will not appear until shipped?
Either way, a (polite) message to Pentax corporate HQ might be in order.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jimmalcolm

Ricoh Imaging Americas Corp. (Headquarters)
(303) 728-0312 Additional phone numbers: (303) 799-8000 (800) 877-0155
633 17th St Ste 2600,
Denver, CO 80202-3627

jim.malcolm@us.ricoh-imaging.com

- See more at: http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/manufacturers-and-producers/ricoh....0wJ7czZD.dpuf

claudia.gramley@us.ricoh-imaging.com
heather.horton@us.ricoh-imaging.com
joe.virgil@us.ricoh-imaging.com

Last edited by yucatanPentax; 12-07-2015 at 03:47 PM.