Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Any one Pentax Lens = 20% off via Ricoh
Posted By: yucatanPentax, 11-30-2015, 12:32 AM

Cyber Monday at Ricoh US:

For one day only we are offering 20% off any one lens purchase.
Code: CYBER20

lenses | Ricoh Imaging

Last edited by yucatanPentax; 11-30-2015 at 01:43 AM. Reason: added "US" - not sure if valid via other Ricoh locations.
Views: 3,317
11-30-2015, 03:14 AM   #2
Pentaxian
geomez's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Preskitt Arizona
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,634
Is it just me or does the Pentax 1.4x HD TC not exist on that website?
11-30-2015, 03:16 AM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 42,341
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
Is it just me or does the Pentax 1.4x HD TC not exist on that website?
They don't have every lens on that web site for some reason. Probably lazy/misinformed site designers.

But in other news, B&H did drop the price of the TC by an additional $50 until the end of the day tomorrow, which is a 25% discount:
Pentax 1.4x HD PENTAX-DA AF Rear Converter AW for K-Mount 37962

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-30-2015, 09:00 AM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dallas / Yucatan
Posts: 996
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
Is it just me or does the Pentax 1.4x HD TC not exist on that website?
I had been searching for the same thing... Thanks for the tip, Adam!

11-30-2015, 09:49 AM   #5
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 541
HD D FA 24-70mm f/2.8ED SDM WR

comes to $1,039.96 after coupon. Should I wait for more markdowns? I don't need this right now.
11-30-2015, 10:19 AM   #6
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dallas / Yucatan
Posts: 996
Original Poster
Maybe this link will work better. They seem to have difficulty operating their website:

lenses | Ricoh Imaging

---------- Post added 11-30-2015 at 11:23 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They don't have every lens on that web site for some reason. Probably lazy/misinformed site designers.

But in other news, B&H did drop the price of the TC by an additional $50 until the end of the day tomorrow, which is a 25% discount:
Pentax 1.4x HD PENTAX-DA AF Rear Converter AW for K-Mount 37962
For whatever reason, I'm only seeing $100 off $596.95, which is the same 16.67% discount that's been on the TC for a long time. I seem to be having a lot of trouble today. Or always. Take your pick.
Attached Images
 
11-30-2015, 12:48 PM   #7
Pentaxian
jab2980's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 302
QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
HD D FA 24-70mm f/2.8ED SDM WR

comes to $1,039.96 after coupon. Should I wait for more markdowns? I don't need this right now.
That is about the only good deal on there because the street price IS the list price currently. You'll notice all of the other lenses on there are the list price, and about 20% higher than the everyday price from Amazon, BH, etc. I can almost guarantee you the "normal" price on the 24-70 is going to drop to about 1k within a few months.
11-30-2015, 12:51 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 42,341
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
For whatever reason, I'm only seeing $100 off $596.95, which is the same 16.67% discount that's been on the TC for a long time. I seem to be having a lot of trouble today. Or always. Take your pick.
The price looks like it's jumped back up...too bad.


Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-01-2015, 12:41 AM   #9
672
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: santa monica
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 414
Its Bogus

I would like to hear from anybody who actually completed a purchase at 20 percent off. I couldn't make it work and neither could the telephone support guy listed on the web page. The web page never offered a discount and tech support had the same results. He offered to sell it to me at full retail plus shipping and we could "sort it out later with ricoh". Seriously? Did anyone get a discount on anything?

---------- Post added 11-30-15 at 11:45 PM ----------

my mistake i was too late as it was based on eastern time.............
12-01-2015, 01:26 AM   #10
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dallas / Yucatan
Posts: 996
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 672 Quote
I would like to hear from anybody who actually completed a purchase at 20 percent off. I couldn't make it work and neither could the telephone support guy listed on the web page. The web page never offered a discount and tech support had the same results. He offered to sell it to me at full retail plus shipping and we could "sort it out later with ricoh". Seriously? Did anyone get a discount on anything?

---------- Post added 11-30-15 at 11:45 PM ----------

my mistake i was too late as it was based on eastern time.............
It's only bogus if Ricoh sends out bogus emails, as that's how I learned of it. I completely agree their web experience not only is "less than optimal," it completely sucks with the site often returning errors, etc.

It's almost like to have Pentax equipment, we have to run an obstacle course. Those who succeed in enduring are rewarded with some of the few new Pentax sales via Ricoh. The rest have to go to handlers who make the job easier for us (and often at nice savings over Ricoh's direct sale price). It's the strangest company I've ever been a fan of... They actually make it hard to do business with them. People who understand retail sales exist by the millions. Maybe a talent hunt is in order? Some executives are collecting a lot of money for pitiful results.
(end of rant)
12-01-2015, 07:30 AM   #11
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Northern Wisconsin
Posts: 703
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
It's only bogus if Ricoh sends out bogus emails, as that's how I learned of it. I completely agree their web experience not only is "less than optimal," it completely sucks with the site often returning errors, etc.

It's almost like to have Pentax equipment, we have to run an obstacle course. Those who succeed in enduring are rewarded with some of the few new Pentax sales via Ricoh. The rest have to go to handlers who make the job easier for us (and often at nice savings over Ricoh's direct sale price). It's the strangest company I've ever been a fan of... They actually make it hard to do business with them. People who understand retail sales exist by the millions. Maybe a talent hunt is in order? Some executives are collecting a lot of money for pitiful results.
(end of rant)


I wonder who the boss is of the "head" of Pentax USA? Be nice to have his/her email address.
12-01-2015, 09:08 AM - 1 Like   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 20,197
The Ricoh Imaging USA Webstore has been problematic as long as I have been a member of this Forum. For quite some time the Webstore was completely outsourced, which was a legacy of the Hoya approach to the USA market. While it might seem easy to an outsider, jump-starting a web-based direct 'store' while not competing with your principal on-line Dealers is no easy task when you are capital-constrained and trying to hold down employee expenses.

Not offering an excuse - just an explanation.
12-01-2015, 10:00 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Kath's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Portland, OR
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 694
Several folks, myself included, were successful in purchasing from Ricoh yesterday. I must admit, though, I had my fingers crossed the whole time because the web interface didn't inspire confidence in the transaction. Missing were the usual "Thanks for buying, here's your receipt, we're sending you an email" -type of interactions.

With reference to the post above about the sale ending at EST, that's not very cool. First, you had to be lucky to catch Adam's post that there was a sale, then make sure you got it done by 9pm PST. It wasn't as easy as it sounds.

I feel very lucky to have caught this opportunity. But, gee, I don't have it in my hands yet. I would have been much more comfortable dealing through B&H, but they weren't offering my choice of lens at a huge discount.

As a student of human interaction, I'm often puzzled when companies make it difficult for me to spend my money, even when I'm standing there waving my virtual credit card. Perhaps the person(s) in charge of this at Ricoh is unaware of our American penchant for a friendly, encouraging marketplace. I hope someone there figures it out.
12-05-2015, 12:01 PM   #14
Junior Member




Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 31
Order Status: Shipping Soon

Order Status: Shipping Soon

"Your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed. Your order should ship within the next business day. When your order ships, we will send you an email with tracking information. If you do not receive this email, you can log in to your account to check your order status and view tracking information."


This is the message I've been seeing since I ordered the lens on Monday! (Your order should ship within the next business day)

Communication from these people (Ricoh/Shopatron) is non-existent...is it because of the lens I ordered? (HD DA 645 28-45mm f/4.5 ED AW SR)
12-05-2015, 01:00 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Kath's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Portland, OR
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 694
QuoteOriginally posted by BBC5 Quote
Order Status: Shipping Soon

"Your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed. Your order should ship within the next business day. When your order ships, we will send you an email with tracking information. If you do not receive this email, you can log in to your account to check your order status and view tracking information."


This is the message I've been seeing since I ordered the lens on Monday! (Your order should ship within the next business day)

Communication from these people (Ricoh/Shopatron) is non-existent...is it because of the lens I ordered? (HD DA 645 28-45mm f/4.5 ED AW SR)
I'm getting the same message for my purchase, too. It's quite disconcerting, since the original order page said I would receive it in 3-7 days. We're used to a higher standard of communication when we spend our hard-earned money online. That standard makes up for the absence of in-person assurance. As in, "Here's my money/Here's your lens."

I wrote an email yesterday to inquire about the lens' whereabouts. They'll be getting another one from me when this is over.

They sure do make you work for that discount.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
coupon, discount, lens, page, pentax deals, pentax lens, reason, ricoh, savings, site, support, tc, web
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KEH: 20% off Pentax film gear WillWeaverRVA Pentax Price Watch 10 08-21-2015 07:22 AM
would any one mask the ricoh on k3 pentax user Pentax K-3 91 01-25-2014 07:07 PM
How would one clean 20-year old gunk off a lens mount? Sagitta Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 7 10-20-2012 11:47 PM
Focus point off center..by this far..any one else? suncrimson Pentax K-5 23 01-05-2012 03:23 PM
Any one tried any carl zeiss lens on Pentax system? m42geo Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 3 06-18-2009 01:22 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:24 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top