Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Jet.com - DA 50mm f/1.8 for $72.76 ($52.76 using AMEX)
Posted By: a5m, 12-04-2015, 03:50 PM

If you use AMEX you can get an additional $20 off bringing the total to $52.76

• Go to your AMEX account, scroll down to AMEX Offers & Benefits, find the offer and click add to card.
  • Twitter/Facebook required if you do not have an AMEX account.
Details here

Just saw Jet.com has the DA 50mm f/1.8 for $72.76 free shipping and free returns (shipping label provided) if it's your first order after using coupon code SCARYMOMMY2015 for 20% off of $90.95.

They seem to have other Pentax related stuff as well link

A rep from Ricoh/Pentax gave me the "straight dope" and told me that as long as you buy Pentax from a seller in the US and it's shipped to an address in the US, then Ricoh/Pentax will honor warranty service and won't really care about authorized dealer or not. He said it excluded eBay sales unless the seller is a store and provides their own invoice, not the eBay invoice.

Attached Images

Last edited by a5m; 12-13-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Views: 3,687
12-08-2015, 02:27 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
purchased thru Jet (for the $ 72....) - got in an Amazon box today from "Emmy Photo"

12-08-2015, 03:15 PM   #17
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by phillydad Quote
purchased thru Jet (for the $ 72....) - got in an Amazon box today from "Emmy Photo"
Oh oh... Emmy does sell through Amazon, but surprised they packaged it in an Amazon box. lol.
12-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #18
a5m
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phillydad Quote
Glad to hear someone received the lens. Does everything look okay i.e. looks new, in original box with all the paperwork?

I get the feeling Jet.com is acting like the middleman here. They're sending the orders to their "affiliates" who are doing the packaging and shipping.
12-08-2015, 03:37 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Sounds like they are just drop-shipping from another vendor to fulfill the order. Curious if the package contained a shipping invoice and whose name is on it. Here is a link from a few years ago where an online retailer was selling Pentax lenses really cheap. As people started receiving their stuff, it was coming from B&H and Adorama and it had the seller's info on the shipping sheets. I don't know that there was ever a conclusion to the story.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/137-photographic-industry-professionals/2...equipment.html

Anyway, I think Jet.com may be working in a similar fashion where they are trying to make money on purchase volume. I don't see any current listings from Emmy Camera for the 50mm but I do see that Amazon is matching the $90 price before the 20% discount.

12-09-2015, 07:33 AM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
Sounds like they are just drop-shipping from another vendor to fulfill the order. Curious if the package contained a shipping invoice and whose name is on it. Here is a link from a few years ago where an online retailer was selling Pentax lenses really cheap. As people started receiving their stuff, it was coming from B&H and Adorama and it had the seller's info on the shipping sheets. I don't know that there was ever a conclusion to the story.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/137-photographic-industry-professionals/2...equipment.html

Anyway, I think Jet.com may be working in a similar fashion where they are trying to make money on purchase volume. I don't see any current listings from Emmy Camera for the 50mm but I do see that Amazon is matching the $90 price before the 20% discount.

Correct, Jet was launched as a competitor to Amazon, with slightly different model, the more you buy the more you save.

The company was founded by a guy who sold his previous company to Amazon. =)
12-09-2015, 01:28 PM   #21
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Woo, my first AF prime acquisition! Thanks for spreading the word!
12-10-2015, 01:12 PM   #22

My First AF prime too. woohoo!
And just like in the case of phillydad, mine also arrived in amazon prime packaging. Equipment, product leaflet all ok and yes it is new.
12-10-2015, 01:51 PM - 1 Like   #23
a5m
Site Supporter

Original Poster
That's awesome. I feel much better now about posting this deal. Glad people are able to take advantage of it

EDIT:

Thanks for the Like zork97 much appreciated

Last edited by a5m; 12-10-2015 at 06:06 PM.
12-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #24
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
My DA50 was waiting for me on my doorstep today. Came in from a shop called "Electronics Basket". I didn't expect it to be so plasticky. But it seems to be working fine, so in the bag it goes. Thanks for the tip, a5m!
Attached Images

12-11-2015, 08:18 PM   #25
a5m
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by logomancer Quote
My DA50 was waiting for me on my doorstep today. Came in from a shop called "Electronics Basket". I didn't expect it to be so plasticky. But it seems to be working fine, so in the bag it goes. Thanks for the tip, a5m!
Looking good! And the pleasure is all mine . I breathed a sigh of relief when phillydad first posted that he received his lens. I'm delighted to hear zork97 and now you have also received yours.

I've seen Electronics Basket on Amazon; it is pretty safe to say Jet.com is drop-shipping these.

I've learned a lot from the members here and I hope to continue to give back any way I can

P.S. Thanks phillydad for the Like I really appreciate it
12-13-2015, 12:44 PM - 1 Like   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by quantan Quote
Did you buy it? I agree the price is so good, but Jet doesn't get high customer rating as far as I know
Jut just got it from Jet.com for 72 $ and they even delivered it fast in 2 to 3 days . Also extra bonus if you have Amex blue credit card, they amex will also give 20 $ off first purchase from jet.com (Need to activate the offer in the Amex website before purchasing to get the extra 20 $ ).. for 52 $ total for a new one i would say go for it..
12-13-2015, 03:24 PM   #27
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by maniesh4u Quote
Jut just got it from Jet.com for 72 $ and they even delivered it fast in 2 to 3 days . Also extra bonus if you have Amex blue credit card, they amex will also give 20 $ off first purchase from jet.com (Need to activate the offer in the Amex website before purchasing to get the extra 20 $ ).. for 52 $ total for a new one i would say go for it..
That's fast. I ordered it last Saturday and still haven't received it. The worst part is the pick up shows dec 6 in Trenton, NJ and I'm in philly, which is 40mins away.

Last edited by nabwong; 12-13-2015 at 06:28 PM.
12-13-2015, 04:14 PM   #28

QuoteOriginally posted by nabwong Quote
That's fast. I ordered it last Saturday and still haven't received it. The worst part is the pick up shows rev 6 in Trenton, NJ and I'm in philly, which is 40mins away.
No worries , mine got shipped from Indiana to Ohio. Jets.com select the sellers near to the your location, Some times it takes time.. once you get it post some good snaps .. Good Luck..
12-13-2015, 07:36 PM   #29
a5m
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maniesh4u Quote
Wow that makes it a even better deal, plus I'm sure most people will qualify since this is probably their first time buying from Jet.com.

If you can post a link to the info about the $20 off I'll add it to the OP and Title. Good info, thanks.

UPDATE:

I found the info and updated the listing. This is sure to induce major LBA

Last edited by a5m; 12-13-2015 at 08:11 PM.
12-13-2015, 08:49 PM   #30
Site Supporter

Ugh, LBA...

I got hit with tax but still, at $59 I couldn't pass it up. Now to play the vendor roulette to see who it comes from...