12-08-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Also available in black:

Clik Elite Venture 30 Backpack CE709BK B&H Photo Video

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

My knees started hurting as soon as I looked at it and realized how much gear it'd let me haul.
12-08-2015, 03:12 PM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
My knees started hurting as soon as I looked at it and realized how much gear it'd let me haul.

It does look like a beauty and for a nice price! Probably better used by some of our younger members. As soon as I saw it I figured that it would have to come with a golf cart for me to use it.. ;-)

12-08-2015, 03:18 PM   #5
Forum Member

Looks like a good deal, but damn, it is a huge backpack.... the more space you have, the more you will shove in there. I think this deal https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/94-pentax-price-watch/309287-manfrotto-ad...warehouse.html is a bit better for most users.
12-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Just the back I need, but still $120 plus shipping... looking around $60-$80 range.
12-08-2015, 06:35 PM   #7

Photos: Gallery
Holy smokes, that's a great price. I just paid way more than that for a Clik Elite ProBody Sport. Seriously tempted to send that back.
12-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Has anyone with a local Costco seen the Manfrotto bag in your local warehouse? I'm on the fence about a Costco membership.

12-08-2015, 07:06 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
Has anyone with a local Costco seen the Manfrotto bag in your local warehouse? I'm on the fence about a Costco membership.
They have it at both of our Costco's. It looks a decent bag and well made. I already have a backpack that size so I pasted on it. I got the backpack I have now from Costco a few years ago.

---------- Post added 12-08-15 at 10:01 PM ----------

Well here I go again. Ordered one of the grey ones tonight. I have been looking for a backpack larger than the one I currently have. The one I have now will fit a body without a grip, a few small lenses and flash. Now I will have to start going to the gym again so I can actually carry the thing loaded with gear. For $90 and free shipping I think I do not think I will find a better deal. I had $20 left a gift card so I only paid $70 actually.
12-08-2015, 11:54 PM   #10
Pentaxian

This Click Elite runs $175 list price, now selling for $69.95, in Blue:

Clik Elite Obscura Camera Backpack (Blue) CE009BU B&H Photo
12-09-2015, 12:15 AM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter

Thought I'd provide a quick review for anyone on the fence about this pack. I've had it for several years and have been very pleased with the purchase (at full price). I use it primarily for 1/2 - 3/4 day hikes with my kids (also budding photographers) on summer vacations, allowing me to carry a DIY hydration bladder, lunch, snacks, rain gear for several people, the usual sunscreen, bug spray, first aid kit, etc and, of course, camera gear. For any long hike, I can't emphasize enough how important the waist belt is to distribute weight properly and save your shoulders. I think I'd rather hike with this pack half empty than a sling or smaller backpack hanging from my shoulders if out for more than a few hours.

I usually hike with two camera bodies, one a wide angle hanging from the front straps on Op Tech reporter connectors (OP/TECH USA System Connectors-Reporter/Backpack 1301652 B&H) and the other, a telephoto zoom, on a sling strap. I complicate matters even more by wearing a binocular harness under the pack. One quickly learns how to overlap the straps to make it easy to switch between the binoculars and two camera options. Bear spray fits perfectly into the "water bottle" side pouch. Depending on the hike and photography goals of the day, I keep my macro lens, other primes, flash, filters, batteries and small tripods inside the pack.
12-09-2015, 01:36 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote

Yes, I bought one yesterday. Just what I was looking for to carry a few things on a short hike. It's well made and well thought out. The top part opens to the bottom via a flap, so you can put a taller lens in there if you want. Here's the photos I took with my Iphone in the store. Btw, imho, you can't go wrong with a Costco membership. I've found so many things there over the years for terrific prices.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6  Photo 
12-09-2015, 01:57 AM   #13
Pentaxian

The Clik Elite stuff is all really well made and very well thought out too, with a lot of little features.
12-09-2015, 06:18 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
allowing me to carry a DIY hydration bladder
This is something I really need to look into. I have to admit I really have no knowledge on this, but I know I really need to carry more water if I am going to be doing longer hikes.