Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
K-3 ii B&H down to $729
Posted By: rtmarwitz, 12-11-2015, 10:54 AM

B&H K-3 ii price dropped to 729.00 free expedited shipping. I pulled the trigger -- estimated date of arrival next Friday 12/18.

Pentax K-3 II DSLR Camera (Body Only) 16160 B&H Photo Video

russell

Views: 3,640
12-30-2015, 09:47 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I hear ya. As I have kind of been in the market for a new body, it's been painful to try to figure out what the truth is. There's even the whole Amazon but only if fulfilled by Amazon but perhaps not by other sellers on Amazon thing. I picked up the $50 50mm lens deal on Jet.com because, well, it's only $50 and a lens I'll only use occasionally but I'm a but more hesitant with a $700+ camera body that will see a ton of use and abuse.

12-30-2015, 10:07 PM   #17
a5m
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For what it's worth the rep I spoke to mentioned Amazon purchases are also covered, but I don't remember if they mentioned it has to be fulfilled by Amazon or not. I think they did but I can't say for sure. But if that's what others' understanding is then they most likely did mention it.
12-30-2015, 11:55 PM   #18

As far as BuyDig - I have bought a bunch of stuff from them in the past (mostly computer parts, some expensive), never an issue, all products were US copies, not grey-market. This is from the website:

"
Q. Are you an authorized dealer for the products that you carry?

A. We are authorized dealers for most of the products and manufacturers' that are advertised on our website. There are certain products which we are not authorized for that we do buy from authorized distributors. Please note that any item that we sell which we do not purchase directly from the manufacturer is still eligible for the manufacturer's warranty.
"
12-31-2015, 10:31 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The K-3II is showing on the samys.com website today, and the rebate expires as of tonight. So still the least expensive place to buy: $500US after rebate.

12-31-2015, 10:36 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
The K-3II is showing on the samys.com website today, and the rebate expires as of tonight. So still the least expensive place to buy: $500US after rebate.
Hmm, you might glance at it again, it's $896.72 and then a $200 rebate so final price is $696.72. If it was truly $500 after rebate, I'd be all over it. I had held off the Samy's deal since B&H and Adorama are now only $30 more with no rebate to mess with and Adorama states (in their ad at least) that it includes the Flucard which is worth the $30.
12-31-2015, 10:43 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
Hmm, you might glance at it again, it's $896.72 and then a $200 rebate so final price is $696.72. If it was truly $500 after rebate, I'd be all over it. I had held off the Samy's deal since B&H and Adorama are now only $30 more with no rebate to mess with and Adorama states (in their ad at least) that it includes the Flucard which is worth the $30.
yeah, sorry 'bout that. I got one at the lower price earlier this year, and obviously they've adjusted upwards to match others.

I agree the card is worth it at those prices. I paid $45 for mine, and although they pop up cheaper, not much less than that $30. Too bad samys raised the price, but from the availability I guess I can't blame 'em, although going through the rebate hassle would seem to argue for dropping a bit below Amazon and B&H and Adorama.
12-31-2015, 10:48 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I was waiting for them to drop their price back to the $646 after rebate price but now with everyone else dropping their prices too, it's a fairly level price field. Plus, Adorama also has a 5 year warranty that includes drops and spills for only $62 which seems like a good deal as well. I just can find too much info on New Leaf who offers the warranty.

01-02-2016, 11:21 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Of course, all of the current prices on the K-3II (B&H, Adorama, Amazon, BuyDig, etc.) are fantastic. But, if one is playing the game, when does it make sense to pull the trigger? Do we think the price will rise, fall or stay the same after we clear New Year's weekend?
01-03-2016, 09:29 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
Of course, all of the current prices on the K-3II (B&H, Adorama, Amazon, BuyDig, etc.) are fantastic. But, if one is playing the game, when does it make sense to pull the trigger? Do we think the price will rise, fall or stay the same after we clear New Year's weekend?
It goes up when you want to buy, down when you don't. But you already know that

I was in the market recently and noticed it was like timing the stock market. It's so easy to change prices now that the big retailers' prices move a lot. Amazon can, and does, actually change prices back and forth within 24 hours. Samys kept having the camera in stock, then not, then did so again, often with price changes.

The rebate was the killer deal, and that's definitely gone. I think it will be quite a while before the early adopter's deal comes 'round again, especially when you consider the free Flucard. OTOH, the variation isn't as much now, so get it when you need it.