Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  
Pentax-A 15mm f/3.5
Posted By: jatrax, 12-23-2015, 06:41 PM

Pentax A SMC 15mm F 3 5 F3 5 Super Wide Angle Lens | eBay

Don't see this lens very often.
Views: 2,528
01-03-2016, 05:41 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,837
At those prices and with that rarity and/or those bulbous damage-inviting front elements, I'm quite happy to keep my 15mm shooting to APS-C, thank you very much. I have a 17mm RMC Tokina that I got for a (relative) song, and I will stick with that as my last word in ultra-wide-angle (DA15/4.0 is about 21.5mm film EFOV, so unless something weird is happening the Tokina is king overall).

01-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #17
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newcastle
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,443
Yes these lenses (15mm and 18mm) are highly collectable but the prices asked are way too high. I too have spoken to the seller and know a bit about the background - seems legit. Unrealistic imho but maybe someone out there with a pocket full of cash will press the button. Not me. Good luck to the person who does eventually grab the items.
01-05-2016, 08:15 AM   #18
Marketplace Reseller
dcshooter's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Washington DC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,116
If you have any Minolta MD (or mirrorless FF) bodies, the Rokkor-X 17mm f/4 is an absolute gem in the UWA space.

Example image (not mine):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/asfotosdogabriel/15443523991/

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
At those prices and with that rarity and/or those bulbous damage-inviting front elements, I'm quite happy to keep my 15mm shooting to APS-C, thank you very much. I have a 17mm RMC Tokina that I got for a (relative) song, and I will stick with that as my last word in ultra-wide-angle (DA15/4.0 is about 21.5mm film EFOV, so unless something weird is happening the Tokina is king overall).
01-09-2016, 12:21 PM - 4 Likes   #19
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,586
The Pentax A 15 f3.5 seems a very collectable lens, if they indeed only sold 37 per annum.


01-09-2016, 12:38 PM   #20
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,288
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
The Pentax A 15 f3.5 seems a very collectable lens, if they indeed only sold 37 per annum.
That is awesome! Thanks for posting it. I guess a lot has happened in 35 years, but maybe that statement would be a good one for current management to take a look at. Not sure what a lens would cost that they made less than 50 of per year these days though.

Last edited by jatrax; 01-09-2016 at 01:35 PM.
01-09-2016, 12:48 PM   #21
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,393
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
That is assume! Thanks for posting it. I guess a lot has happened in 35 years, but maybe that statement would be a good one for current management to take a look at. Not sure what a lens would cost that they made less than 50 of per year these days though.
How many DA560's do you think they make per year?
01-09-2016, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,288
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by r0ckstarr Quote
How many DA560's do you think they make per year?
Probably none as I assume they made a batch and will not make more until those all sold. Yet, they need that lens in the line up. Or at least something at that focal length.

The philosophy stated in that brochure is what it takes to get and keep serious enthusiast and pro photographers. Sort of Leica-like if I may. If you want it and can pay for it, we have it. Now whether a company can be profitable doing that is another story.
01-09-2016, 02:26 PM   #23
Veteran Member




Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: California
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,354
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Probably none as I assume they made a batch and will not make more until those all sold. Yet, they need that lens in the line up. Or at least something at that focal length.

The philosophy stated in that brochure is what it takes to get and keep serious enthusiast and pro photographers. Sort of Leica-like if I may. If you want it and can pay for it, we have it. Now whether a company can be profitable doing that is another story.
That's a great ad.

01-09-2016, 02:51 PM   #24
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,124
QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
That's a great ad.
What makes it more so is the restraint on hyperbole in the wording. It's hard to imagine a contemporary advertising copy-writer holding back the superlatives or resisting the temptation to cloak it in meaningless jargon. A lot has changed in the past 35 years, mostly that we've collectively got a lot too smart for our own good.

I've watched the prices for these lenses over the last few years, but I kept telling myself I had the DA14 and 15, so another lens in that FL would be a waste...
01-09-2016, 04:06 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,837
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
What makes it more so is the restraint on hyperbole in the wording. It's hard to imagine a contemporary advertising copy-writer holding back the superlatives or resisting the temptation to cloak it in meaningless jargon. A lot has changed in the past 35 years, mostly that we've collectively got a lot too smart for our own good.

I've watched the prices for these lenses over the last few years, but I kept telling myself I had the DA14 and 15, so another lens in that FL would be a waste...
Especially in APS-C. You need a full-frame camera, film or digital, to justify owning one of these things.
01-09-2016, 04:50 PM - 1 Like   #26
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 30,647
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
You need a full-frame camera, film or digital
Bring on the later, so my "Mistress" can have her day again.
01-09-2016, 05:24 PM   #27
Pentaxian
jeffshaddix's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,371
That's such a cool ad, thanks for sharing!
01-10-2016, 12:36 AM   #28
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,124
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Especially in APS-C. You need a full-frame camera, film or digital, to justify owning one of these things.
…let alone all the others I've got, like the K28 shift, the A50/1.2, the FA*24/2, etc, etc

You might get the impression that I've got a passing interest in the K-1…
01-10-2016, 07:37 AM   #29
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 30,647
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
You might get the impression that I've got a passing interest in the K-1
I'm only a wee tad interested myself, my Ladies keep on about it though.
01-10-2016, 08:17 AM   #30
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,483
At least that is a lens I KNOW I'll never use so I can tell the devil on my shoulder to can it.

Got'ta give the angel a victory every so often.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
15mm, coupon, lens, pentax deals, savings
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax A 15mm f/3.5 samples Clou Lens Sample Photo Archive 7 09-21-2016 06:43 PM
Which lens next? Pentax 15mm f/4 or Sigma 10-20mm f/3.5? frogoutofwater Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 10 11-19-2013 04:35 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax A 15mm f/3.5 cerebrate Sold Items 14 09-26-2011 08:06 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax SMCP-A 15mm 3.5 Prime SCGushue Sold Items 2 01-30-2007 08:22 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:19 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top