Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Tamrac 5426 Aria 6 $29.95 at Amazon and Adorama
Posted By: allexinwonderland, 12-25-2015, 11:16 AM

Didn't see this posted. B&H lists this bag in this color as discontinued. Same style and size in other colors are anywhere from $59-$99.

Tamrac Aria 6 Camera Bag, Black 542601

http://www.amazon.com/Tamrac-5426-Aria-Photo-Black/dp/B007Z2I166/
Views: 874
12-25-2015, 01:15 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like Adorama is the Amazon seller for this deal. BTW, please include links in your posts in this section.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-25-2015, 09:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I just purchased the Aria 2 in moss green yesterday, principally to serve as a Pentax Limited-centric lens tote... utilizing Op-Tech back-to-back dual lens caps to create stacks of mostly connected lenses, up to just over 5" each. The Aria 2 specs out as nearly ideal for carrying three vertical stacks in a case with a very slim profile. Pentax + Sony (A7 or A5000) bodies are carried elsewhere (LowePro Passport Sling II in mica-green... F-Stop Millar Brooklyn Sling Pack in their light "organic" green). The idea here is stylishly color-coordinated, but stealthy re: contents. The Aria 2 is presently on sale or closeout at both B&H or Adorama for 40% of Amazon's price (and w/ free shipping) -- $19.99, in black, green, brown, or (ugh!) berry. I figure to pick up the same in black if I like the green one as well as well as expected when it arrives.

There are multiple helpful videos on the Aria 6 (particularly), plus the series as a whole, on YouTube... though you do have to put up with the typical slow, meandering, extemporaneous narratives typical of many YT video reviews. Big plusses appear to be the no-fuss way the front flap handles and that it can be flipped over around back and out of the way, still leaving an ergonomically long zippered closure on top for protection and security... plus the sleek (though somewhat purse-like) exterior, minus those ubiquitous clumsy, in the way, semi-useless floppy side pockets which I personally detest. The metal front buckle is klunky, you'll see, but apparently very secure. If you like slim, good-looking German blondes with cute accents, catch the two minute plus German language Aria once-over, too... though it won't help you make a camera bag decision! -- Mr. Bag-a-Holic

---------- Post added 12-25-15 at 11:36 PM ----------

Last edited by Kayaker-J; 12-25-2015 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Double post glitch
12-27-2015, 09:41 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have several of these Tamrac Aria bags in the -3 size and the -6 size and love them. When I travel, I will often carry on a larger camera backpack and stow one of the Arias in my suitcase to use as my walkaround bag. The 6 is large enough to hold my K-3 with a long-ish lens, such as the 50-135 of the 200 (with dividers removed), with enough space remaining for a smaller prime. Or I can carry the camera with 55-300, plus something like the 18-135 or Sigma 17-70, plus a couple of small primes. The padded inside unzipped pocket will hold a 10" tablet. The zipped inside pocket is pretty secure for a passport or wallet. The outside pocket is surprisingly capacious for various camera bits and bobs (you can event stuff a Giotto rocket blower in there) and the two outside pockets on either end of the bag will hold smartphones (at least as large as my iPhone 6). The flap pocket in the back holds maps and guidebooks. The bag is water-resistant, easy to clean and doesn't snag on my clothes.

12-27-2015, 10:00 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you for the mini review. I ordered the 6 because of the price but I was originally looking at the 3. Can't wait for it to arrive.