Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax K3 ll
Posted By: Oldbayrunner, 12-30-2015, 07:51 AM

For those interested in purchasing a K3 ll, I just purchased one from B&H but didn't notice they didn't have the same in the box deal as Adorama which includes the flucard for the same price. So that makes the Adorama purchase about an $84.00 better deal currently. Also in contacting them regarding this the rep checked to see if he could send me one but came back stating the flucard is discontinued for which their site currently does show it as such. Where as on Adorama it is readily available for purchase.

Pentax K-3 II Digital SLR Camera Body 16160
Views: 1,353
12-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldbayrunner Quote
For those interested in purchasing a K3 ll, I just purchased one from B&H but didn't notice they didn't have the same in the box deal as Adorama which includes the flucard for the same price. So that makes the Adorama purchase about an $84.00 better deal currently. Also in contacting them regarding this the rep checked to see if he could send me one but came back stating the flucard is discontinued for which their site currently does show it as such. Where as on Adorama it is readily available for purchase.
Return yours? Or ask for an eyefi pro? I have an eyefi I use a lot more than my FluCard.
12-30-2015, 08:21 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
No, they offered but the camera is in my hands and is too sweet to return, plus I would need to send back the additional items along with it. My bad for not paying attention.
12-30-2015, 08:23 AM - 1 Like   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
It's been crazy chasing these prices around. I bought a K3ii at the beginning of this month and neither B&H or Adorama included the Flucard at that time. I grabbed a Pentax Flucard on the 'bay for $50.00 (they are still available at that price). The fact is, these camera bodies are an amazing value at any of the going prices. This camera has been a joy to use, too.

12-30-2015, 08:25 AM   #5
Site Supporter

I got one about 3 weeks ago from B&H. The salesman told me that the box would not have a Flu Card in it. But when the box arrived, to my surprise, it did have a Flu Card in it (I sold it on this forum for $40).

I totally agree with Commongrounder, the K3II is just amazing, and a steal at the current prices! 24MP is the perfect size for me to make the many 17x25 inch prints that I favor!
12-30-2015, 11:39 AM   #6
Site Supporter

I got my K-3 II on Amazon two weeks ago. Some site reviews said they got the card included but mine did not have it. Considering that the KS2 and the upcoming full frame have the wi-fi built in, I think the flu cards days are limited. Sorry that you didn't get one with yours though. It seems like it should have been included in every box since the K-3 II is the flagship model.
12-30-2015, 01:51 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It didn't matter enough for me to return it especially after using it. my k5 lls is a great camera but this one I find even better just from my little use so far. My post was to let others know the difference currently being offered from the two stores at the same price.
12-30-2015, 02:13 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The flucard was included in some boxes as a promo from the manufacturer, so I guess it's more or less luck of the draw, since the big retailers have no way of checking which box you'll get. I have a feeling that all early US shipments came with the card, though, and IMO it should always be included since it's more or less a transitory product.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-30-2015, 08:47 PM - 1 Like   #9

K3II body is now only $684 (after $15-off coupon) with full USA warranty and some freebies from BuyDig.com
12-30-2015, 09:20 PM   #10
a5m
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by genesmasher Quote
K3II body is now only $684 (after $15-off coupon) with full USA warranty and some freebies from BuyDig.com
Coupon code for $15 off is HOLIDAYDIG15

Awesome find
12-31-2015, 05:27 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Wonder why all of the photos are of a K3 not a K3 ll.

Edit: Just bought a genuine FluCard off The Bay for $49.49

Last edited by Oldbayrunner; 12-31-2015 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Added info
12-31-2015, 06:01 AM   #12
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I ordered the K3 II from Buydig for that price have it in hand. It is the correct camera, had one shutter actuation, and looks good. No FLU card, though, so the Adorama at $729 is better deal -- if you want the card. I have bought previously from Buydig.com and find them to be very good.