Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Cotton Carrier Green
Posted By: shardulm, 02-27-2016, 11:26 PM

Cotton Carrier Camera Vest with Side Holster 124 RTL-D GREEN B&H

Best price on I have seen in a long time.
Views: 2,734
03-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saw this the evening that it was offered. I decided to sleep on it and probably order one the next morning. Sold out! Snooze you loose.

03-08-2016, 01:05 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by psychdoc Quote
Back is a breathable mesh.
Image from online below:
Hi... It looks like you received the same version, or 'generation', of the green CC vest as I did; i.e., lacking the latest tweaks in current production -- the umbrella holder sleeve... the larger front pocket and the advertised camera rain cover contained therein. These features are definitely enumerated and pictured on the box which contained mine. How about in your case? I wonder if anyone here (??) got an updated version... or whether Cotton Carrier even produced the current version in green? It's a relatively small issue, but B&H's product page and the misleading box are curious anomalies. Maybe Andy Cotton would send along the rain cover if requested: I could definitely use that.

My guess is that the artificial fabric sheen on the green will soon fade back to an even more neutral presentation. I use a full featured, everyday unframed backpack from Outdoor Products in almost this exact color (from Cyber Monday 2014 at R.E.I.) which disappointed me a bit for its shiney look, since I was going for a stealthy, hippie-eccentric non-conspicuousness in order to safeguard any camera and higher end mobile audio gear I might be packing... but in use, it quickly assumed much more the 'army green' canvas look I was after. I am very happy with this color and would have taken it over the black on even terms. I am probably going to use the B-Grip Uno (B&H Daily Deal) and maybe the Evo version as well for my A7, when accompanying a Pentax DSLR, CC-mounted... or the small Crumpler Pleasure Dome in black for my Sony A5000, when I have that along with one of the image stabilized Canon lenses attached via smart adapter.