Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread

K-1 available on eBay
Posted By: shardulm, 03-02-2016, 08:20 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Not sure if anyone has seen this..
Pentax K 1 Full Frame DSLR Camera Body Only | eBay

How come someone gets to sell this when most auth retailers are showing April 22nd ??????
Views: 4,022
03-03-2016, 11:32 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
He will probably ship a K-01
I doubt that as the images explicitly show the K-1 FF camera
Though oddly enough, he doesn't ship to Canada :/

Last edited by JohnBee; 03-03-2016 at 11:40 PM.
03-04-2016, 12:14 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Someone should report the listing. Promising 6 days delivery on an item that has not yet been released is fraud.

Steve
I did about 24 hours ago, giving the same reason as you.
03-04-2016, 01:56 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mnj11 Quote
Good find but I would not buy it...looks suspicious
More suspicious if they're being sold by a Nigerian Prince!!!!!!!!!
03-04-2016, 03:58 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
I did about 24 hours ago, giving the same reason as you.
Good luck with that. I've reported a few items on eBay for various rule violations, including stealing copyrighted photos, and they've never done a thing so I gave up.

03-04-2016, 07:06 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Someone should report the listing. Promising 6 days delivery on an item that has not yet been released is fraud.
I have the same thought. Ricoh should know about this. Is there a way to report it? Not that I am into policing or anything but still.
03-04-2016, 07:29 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Good luck with that. I've reported a few items on eBay for various rule violations, including stealing copyrighted photos, and they've never done a thing so I gave up.
Yes, I've tried to report before, and will not do it again. Ebay simply don't care at all.
03-04-2016, 02:35 PM   #22

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
More suspicious if they're being sold by a Nigerian Prince!!!!!!!!!
Classic !

03-07-2016, 06:29 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I just got a e-mail from eBay telling me "Don't loose out on this". There are apparently 21 watchers but only 5 left. I seem to remember that was the original quantity available, so I don't think they sold any.
03-07-2016, 10:48 AM   #24
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
I reported something a couple of weeks ago but it did not good. A guy is using a picture and description of a major brand to sell and item but somewhere in the fine print says it isn't the brand in the photo.
03-07-2016, 10:50 AM   #25
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
I just got a e-mail from eBay telling me "Don't loose out on this". There are apparently 21 watchers but only 5 left. I seem to remember that was the original quantity available, so I don't think they sold any.
This person has had 7 inquiries but nothing shows under questions about the item.
03-07-2016, 12:02 PM   #26
Veteran Member

I clicked on the seller's name and it says "Based in Israel, buy-from-michelle has been an eBay member since Sep 13, 2004"
03-07-2016, 12:20 PM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
It isn't just cameras, there are dozens (hundreds?) of eBay sellers that claim to have products for sale when they don't have them now and never have had them. Almost always the asking price is well above MSRP, even if it is something that hasn't been produced for years. I suspect that these sellers will make a serious effort to locate the item if someone is actually willing to pay their price for it, but no such effort was undertaken before listing it. My wife has ordered out of print published materials several times only to eventually get an email from the seller apologizing for not being able to ship it. Sometimes the excuse is that the item was damaged, sometimes it was discovered to be not exactly as listed and sometimes they blame it on their supplier. Caveat emptor!
03-07-2016, 12:51 PM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
It isn't just cameras, there are dozens (hundreds?) of eBay sellers that claim to have products for sale when they don't have them now and never have had them. Almost always the asking price is well above MSRP, even if it is something that hasn't been produced for years. I suspect that these sellers will make a serious effort to locate the item if someone is actually willing to pay their price for it, but no such effort was undertaken before listing it. My wife has ordered out of print published materials several times only to eventually get an email from the seller apologizing for not being able to ship it. Sometimes the excuse is that the item was damaged, sometimes it was discovered to be not exactly as listed and sometimes they blame it on their supplier. Caveat emptor!
I have bought a lot of things from eBay and was only stung once (pre-PayPal era, so no relief there). Lesson learned: if a seller has any complaints, the red flag goes up. Thus, the complaint is checked into. No matter how good a seller is, especially dealers who sell a lot of items, there are bound to be a complaint here or there. If the seller has a lot of dealings and someone complains for something moronic, I ignore the complaint. On the other hand, if there are more than one complaints, especially if a theme is evident, like the item was broken when received or the seller never responded to problem, I mark them off and move on. If I recall, this seller has had something like a dozen complaints in the last 12 months. No thanks!!
03-10-2016, 07:53 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
I have the same thought. Ricoh should know about this. Is there a way to report it? Not that I am into policing or anything but still.
Hypothetically, a person could go to the Ricoh website and contact customer service or sales or whomever, just to let them know. Hypothetically.

Or you could do what this person did. https://twitter.com/HarryBrautt/status/707943407650344960
03-11-2016, 08:01 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Hmmm my pre ordered K1 should arrive April 15th, in Holland..maybe thy get it before others? and very good price