Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

B&H deal zone: Benro Tripod
Posted By: UserAccessDenied, 03-10-2016, 11:17 AM

Deal Zone, Deal of the Day at B&H

Only 10 hours left!

I might have to pick one of these up for travel...
Views: 1,431
03-15-2016, 08:20 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
which tripod did you get ?
Mine is the 17.6 lb aluminium at 99.99. Perhaps the ballheads are different from one model to another ?

03-15-2016, 08:27 PM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ybo1 Quote
which tripod did you get ?
Mine is the 17.6 lb aluminium at 99.99. Perhaps the ballheads are different from one model to another ?
I wanted the same, missed that, and got for 89.95. All benro heads from that sale were with the logo, mine has just an empty spot for it where the logo plate is mounted.
03-15-2016, 08:35 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I wanted the same, missed that, and got for 89.95. All benro heads from that sale were with the logo, mine has just an empty spot for it where the logo plate is mounted.
I am sure if you take a pic of the ball head and send it to B&H, they will do good and replace it free of charge. ( assuming they still have some in stock...)

Cheers!

BTW, did you check the plastic bag that contained the ballhead and the tripod? Might have fallen there as they seem to be simply glued.
03-15-2016, 08:41 PM   #19
Site Supporter

BTW, did you check the plastic bag that contained the ballhead and the tripod? Might have fallen there as they seem to be simply glued.
Nothing there. Was your ball head properly attached to tripod? Mine was not, I needed to re-attach it.

03-15-2016, 08:45 PM   #20

Nothing there. Was your ball head properly attached to tripod? Mine was not, I needed to re-attach it.
Yes, mine was attached already.
The logo is very small, blue and reads 'Benro IN1'
03-15-2016, 08:59 PM   #21
Site Supporter

The logo is very small, blue and reads 'Benro IN1'
yep, the place for logo is not big. Also the biggest knob, does it do anything? Mine does nothing, like it does not work at all.
03-15-2016, 09:18 PM   #22

yep, the place for logo is not big. Also the biggest knob, does it do anything? Mine does nothing, like it does not work at all.
I have aknob and a 'lever' on the lower part of the ballhead.

The knob is to increase friction ( making the rotula harder to move) while the lever seems to lock/unlock everything. However I am not sure how they work together as they seem to interact...
03-16-2016, 08:16 AM   #23
Site Supporter

You knew! I found that logo glued to the floor while calling to BH today. Did not see that yesterday in dark. I simply put it back.
Anyway, I'm not happy with ball head, I did not realize it's a wrong type IN0, not IN1. I keep this tripod, it's sturdy and well build, but will buy better head, maybe B type, so this head is ok for now.

03-16-2016, 10:17 AM   #24

You knew! I found that logo glued to the floor while calling to BH today. Did not see that yesterday in dark. I simply put it back.
Anyway, I'm not happy with ball head, I did not realize it's a wrong type IN0, not IN1. I keep this tripod, it's sturdy and well build, but will buy better head, maybe B type, so this head is ok for now.
Glad it all worked out. And I agree the ballhead is not the best I have seen but I am comparing to a SIRUI I have and comparison is not fair ...
Happy shooting with your new tripod.