Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  
K-3 II Jump in Price
Posted By: colonel00, 03-24-2016, 05:27 PM

I've been saving my pennies waiting to pull the trigger on a K-3 II. Prices at both B&H and Adorama have been hovering around $727. I just happened to check both sites and B&H is up to $799 and Adorama is at $896. Yikes!
Views: 7,597
03-31-2016, 09:17 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
TER-OR's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dundee, IL
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,576
I'd recommend calling B&H and telling them you were going to pull the trigger at $750 but now won't. Ask why the price jumped on a mature product. They'll talk to you, and sometimes they can offer prices not listed on the interwebz.

03-31-2016, 11:05 AM   #32
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sunny San Diego
Posts: 335
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
I'd recommend calling B&H and telling them you were going to pull the trigger at $750 but now won't. Ask why the price jumped on a mature product. They'll talk to you, and sometimes they can offer prices not listed on the interwebz.
I did this, and they couldn't move. The price was a Pentax initiated promotion. They are not able to move the price lower since they are an AD. At least that's what they told me, and I contacted them twice.
04-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #33
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 159
Tri-State has the K-3 ii body for 759.00 today
04-16-2016, 09:17 PM   #34
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23
And now it's jumped again. Up to $859 at B&H.

Somehow the K-1 suddenly doesn't look so expensive.

04-16-2016, 09:32 PM   #35
mee
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,100
QuoteOriginally posted by Phroon Quote
And now it's jumped again. Up to $859 at B&H.

Somehow the K-1 suddenly doesn't look so expensive.
It is still more than twice the price of a K-3II. You could get 2 crop bodies for the price of one full frame.
04-16-2016, 09:44 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
colonel00's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shawnee, KS
Posts: 483
Original Poster
Yeah, it's painful with these prices. I have a trip to Alaska in a month and the K-3 II was part of the plan but I still can't bring myself to pay $200 more than what it was selling for previously.
04-17-2016, 03:42 AM   #37
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,247
QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
Yeah, it's painful with these prices. I have a trip to Alaska in a month and the K-3 II was part of the plan but I still can't bring myself to pay $200 more than what it was selling for previously.
I feel the same way. I'm hoping the price will drop again after the K-1 starts shipping.
04-17-2016, 08:27 PM   #38
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: NY
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,551
I bought my K-3II for about 900 dollars last October.

04-19-2016, 07:54 AM   #39
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 159
Tri-State now has the K-3 II body for 751.00 if you order on Ebay and PayPal - new, factory fresh, in stock. Just talked to Steve Hill at Tri-State.
Two year Pentax extended warranty for 14.99
04-19-2016, 08:13 AM   #40
Pentaxian
UserAccessDenied's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Maryland
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,674
phew!
Glad I got mine from the marketplace when I did!

Keep your eyes open, there's always a deal here. They just come and go fast so I highly suggest turning on notifications for keywords (ie: [K-3II])

I got mine for $625 with under 500 on the shutter, FluCard, 2 year warranty. Took me a few months of waiting...
Patience is key!
04-19-2016, 01:11 PM - 1 Like   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
colonel00's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shawnee, KS
Posts: 483
Original Poster
I must have a setting turned off or something because I never seem to get a notification from the classifieds. That was a great deal on a camera and extras.

That Tri-state price is very tempting...

04-20-2016, 06:31 AM   #42
Senior Member




Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Maryland
Posts: 159
Just got mine yesterday from Tri-State and all was good.
Serial 6242*** and (thanks to the expert advice in this forum) I set it up quickly. I spent some time talking to some retina imaging staff at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore last month and picked the K-3 II as my entry point into digital photography. Last SLRs I used were all Pentax, and this new DSLR seems to have built in Kodachrome!
Very impressive to discover the power of pixels in this baby.
04-25-2016, 01:17 PM   #43
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23
QuoteOriginally posted by EnglishBob Quote
Just got mine yesterday from Tri-State and all was good.
Serial 6242*** and (thanks to the expert advice in this forum) I set it up quickly. I spent some time talking to some retina imaging staff at the Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore last month and picked the K-3 II as my entry point into digital photography. Last SLRs I used were all Pentax, and this new DSLR seems to have built in Kodachrome!
Very impressive to discover the power of pixels in this baby.
I listened to your advice and ordered from them too. I knew it was too good to be true.

Opened the outer box and the Pentax box was obviously damaged, looked like it had been re-packaged. Popped in a SD card and a battery and what do you know, 1529 shutter activations.

Sigh, I really don't like it when a seller lies to me. First time I've gotten burned on eBay too, we'll see what the resolution center does. Should have just spent the extra and ordered from someone I trust.
04-25-2016, 01:26 PM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
colonel00's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shawnee, KS
Posts: 483
Original Poster
Yikes! Glad I passed. Still holding out hope that I can find a good price from a solid retailer before my trip...
04-25-2016, 01:28 PM   #45
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
BigMackCam's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North-East of England
Posts: 16,043
QuoteOriginally posted by Phroon Quote
I listened to your advice and ordered from them too. I knew it was too good to be true.

Opened the outer box and the Pentax box was obviously damaged, looked like it had been re-packaged. Popped in a SD card and a battery and what do you know, 1529 shutter activations.

Sigh, I really don't like it when a seller lies to me. First time I've gotten burned on eBay too, we'll see what the resolution center does. Should have just spent the extra and ordered from someone I trust.
Sorry to hear about this. If the camera was sold to you as "New", you should have no problem whatsoever with the returns process and eBay standing by you. eBay is very geared towards the buyer.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adorama, apsc, coupon, da, discount, full-frame, grip, ii, k-1, k-3, k-3 ii jump, k-3ii, map, pentax deals, prices, savings, software
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Order Your K-3 / K-3 II at B&H and get free items + premium account (now in stock) Adam Pentax K-3 & K-3 II 62 03-10-2017 12:44 PM
Pentax K-3 II, K-S2 and Ricoh GR II need your help! Class A Pentax DSLR Discussion 5 12-25-2015 09:13 AM
K-3 II noticeably slower than K-5 II shooting manual bursts flonix Pentax K-3 & K-3 II 24 09-17-2015 10:38 PM
K-3 II in Australia mera84 Pentax K-3 & K-3 II 4 07-23-2015 11:13 PM
K-30 to K-3 for low light action and shutter noise...worth the jump? Masta' C Pentax DSLR Discussion 23 08-07-2014 05:30 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:54 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top