Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
Asahi Pentax Monocular Converter K - BIN - 99$ CAN on ebay
Posted By: Weevil, 03-28-2016, 07:11 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I have seen many over the 100$ US in the recent months, so I think this is a fair price for that accessory that converts your long lens to a spotting scope...

Asahi Pentax Monocular Converter K | eBay

Review here: PENTAX Monocular Converter K reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Last edited by Weevil; 03-28-2016 at 10:27 AM.
Views: 1,427
03-28-2016, 09:46 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is one of those rare accessories that's just really cool to have. Hope someone snatches it!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-28-2016, 11:35 AM   #3
Veteran Member

What does it do? Pentax Lens database mentions that this can convert a lens into telescope. Is it meant just for viewing or can this be attached to camera to shoot pictures?
Thanks.
03-28-2016, 11:57 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by uday029 Quote
What does it do? Pentax Lens database mentions that this can convert a lens into telescope. Is it meant just for viewing or can this be attached to camera to shoot pictures?
Thanks.
It's just for viewing distant objects with the naked eye.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-28-2016, 12:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Gone! Hope someone here bought it !
03-28-2016, 12:39 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Wasn't me, for once (I have one).

My wife really enjoys it when I stick this on the end of the K400 and mount it to a tripod. Useful for wildlife and star / moon gazing. Doesn't justify the entire collection, but between this and the 'in-home camera service' we've come to a negotiated peace
03-28-2016, 03:25 PM - 1 Like   #7
Veteran Member

I nabbed it. Looking forward to some stargazing.

03-28-2016, 06:05 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supportaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I've been watching for one of those forever to upgrade from the cheap-ish spiratone version. Missed it. Congrats!

These things are an excellent way to get a full sized lens into a concert. Just pack a K-01 with the tiny 40xs and then separately pack a bigger lens with the monocular adapter and it gets through the admissions gate every time.
03-28-2016, 06:08 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jbondo Quote
These things are an excellent way to get a full sized lens into a concert. Just pack a K-01 with the tiny 40xs and then separately pack a bigger lens with the monocular adapter and it gets through the admissions gate every time.
Sounds like a good idea...
03-28-2016, 06:49 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by uday029 Quote
I nabbed it. Looking forward to some stargazing.
Good for you! They're cool and fun.
03-28-2016, 10:58 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbondo Quote
I've been watching for one of those forever to upgrade from the cheap-ish spiratone version. Missed it. Congrats!

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Sounds like a good idea...

Good idea indeed ! I never thought of that !