Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Effectively new K-3
Posted By: gatorguy, 03-28-2016, 12:17 PM

There's a "used" but essentially new K-3 at Amazon for just $500 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00FKLQ0LW/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
Views: 714
03-28-2016, 01:32 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like someone snatched it! Next lowest is $529 (which is still great IMO).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-28-2016, 02:48 PM   #3

Yeah, that was me. That K3 is traveling cross-country. It will be a really nice upgrade from my K-X
03-28-2016, 02:52 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by neokind Quote
Yeah, that was me. That K3 is traveling cross-country. It will be a really nice upgrade from my K-X
Congrats on the purchase! Indeed, that's a pretty big upgrade. I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

03-28-2016, 03:02 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Congrats on the purchase! Indeed, that's a pretty big upgrade. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Thanks! I picked up a used K5 on ebay recently, but it was pretty thrashed (but described as in VG condition) and I sent it back. I took two shots with it and was stunned by the difference. I genuinely expected the IQ and AF differences to be more subtle than they were. I just decided to just do it and get the K3. Was prepared to get the K3ii new from B&H before they jumped in price over the weekend. This listing was a nice surprise when I checked Amazon this morning. Lucky me!
03-28-2016, 03:07 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I really REALLY wanted to grab it for myself, but I've got a K-s2 on the way and will use it until a clearly better camera from Pentax comes along. While the features and handling of the K3 are better than the K-s2 I'm really focused on macro and the articulating screen makes it better for my particular use. Luckily for @Neokind I couldn't find a way to convince myself I need two DSLR's.
03-28-2016, 03:23 PM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I really REALLY wanted to grab it for myself, but I've got a K-s2 on the way and will use it until a clearly better camera from Pentax comes along. While the features and handling of the K3 are better than the K-s2 I'm really focused on macro and the articulating screen makes it better for my particular use. Luckily for @Neokind I couldn't find a way to convince myself I need two DSLR's.
Thank you, THANK YOU for your self control!