Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
HD Pentax-DA 35mm F2.8 Limited Macro
Posted By: gatorguy, 03-30-2016, 07:27 AM

Right now it can be had for $275, no bids, tho I imagine that will correct itself before the eBay auction ends in less than 8 hours. Worth watching if you've been wanting to add this but can't quite justify $400+

HD Pentax Da 35mm F2 8 Limited Macro | eBay
Views: 806
03-30-2016, 03:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
...and with less than 30 minutes to go it's still just $275.
(Not my listing by the way and no idea who the guy is)
03-30-2016, 03:20 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
...and with less than 30 minutes to go it's still just $275.
(Not my listing by the way and no idea who the guy is)
All the action will start in 20 minutes...
That's how eBay works.
03-30-2016, 03:22 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
All the action will start in 20 minutes...
That's how eBay works.
Yeah, you're right. I've sold a few things there myself and been surprised at how fast the bids go up with a minute to go.

03-30-2016, 03:24 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Wait til the last five seconds...
03-30-2016, 04:32 PM   #6
mee
Site Supporter

Just one bidder... somewhat surprising to me.

But I really hate it when people post these auctions on here because that introduces way more potential interest in the item.. frustrating if you've been watching an item for days waiting for it to be over and some chucklehead announces it to the world a few hours before bidding closes! Not that it is against the rules.. just stings a bit as forehead clobbers keyboard.

If you check sold items for 50-135mm you can see someone (accidentally?) sold their mint copy for $0.99 awhile back with a buy-it-now bid. I bet that one hurt bad if they couldn't agree with the bidder to relist it (provided it was a mistake).
03-30-2016, 04:46 PM   #7
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Just one bidder... somewhat surprising to me.

But I really hate it when people post these auctions on here because that introduces way more potential interest in the item.. frustrating if you've been watching an item for days waiting for it to be over and some chucklehead announces it to the world a few hours before bidding closes! Not that it is against the rules.. just stings a bit as forehead clobbers keyboard.

If you check sold items for 50-135mm you can see someone (accidentally?) sold their mint copy for $0.99 awhile back with a buy-it-now bid. I bet that one hurt bad if they couldn't agree with the bidder to relist it (provided it was a mistake).
Sold at the minimum bid for $275.
03-30-2016, 04:53 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Sold at the minimum bid for $275.
I hope it went to one of our PF members.

And yes @Mee, I've had the same "call-out" happen to me and I didn't like it either. The reason I posted this one is no one had bid on it, not one single soul, and it was several hours still before the bid ended. Had there been bidders already, and especially if it was just a couple hours to go, I wouldn't have posted it.

03-30-2016, 04:59 PM   #9
mee
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I hope it went to one of our PF members.

And yes @Mee, I've had the same "call-out" happen to me and I didn't like it either. The reason I posted this one is no one had bid on it, not one single soul, and it was several hours still before the bid ended. Had there been bidders already, and especially if it was just a couple hours to go, I wouldn't have posted it.
No worries. But most times, the more experienced bidders don't bid on it until the last moments. Why show your hand until the very end?
03-30-2016, 06:39 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Clicking on that 50-135 shows the seller relisted the item (or one like it). It sold for $434.61 the second time around. I managed to snag the parts/repair one in the completed listings for $99. Should be here tomorrow, although I will have some work to do to get the electrical contacts back in place.