Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
MX, M35/2, M50/2 and K28/3.5 bundle on Raleigh CL - $300
Posted By: zzaletel, 03-31-2016, 01:15 PM

Could be a bit of fun if it's still available.

Pentax MX + SMC K28mm f3.5 + SMC M 35mm f2 + SMC M 50mm f2

"Up for sale is something I promise won't be seen often as a local craigslist ad: My beloved Pentax MX 35mm film camera and a few VERY rare and hard to find lenses. I've had this camera for approximately 1.5 years and it was purchased from a seller who had just had it cleaned, lubed, adjusted and had all the light seals and mirror bumper replaced. Everything in this camera (including the light meter) is in PERFECT working order! What is especially so nice about this particular MX is that the prism is not dented (unfortunately very commonly found when this particular model). If you're looking at this camera you likely are already familiar with it's history but if not pop over to Pentax Forums (Pentax MX - Pentax Manual Focus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications) and you'll see that this is considered one of, if not, the BEST manual film camera Pentax ever made! During the 70's this was considered the flagship model and it features a self-timer, DOF preview, shutter speed preview and aperture preview. Although not evident in the photos this camera is actually very compact, making it very easy to carry around all day (I've walked around entire cities with bad boy and barely broke a sweat!). The camera also happens to be built like an absolute tank! The weight and feel of this camera is not all that different from handling any of Leica's M series film cameras. The average going price of a Pentax MX in this level of condition is around $150. I'm willing to let it go for $100.

Also up for sale as noted above is a group of fantastic Pentax glass to get you snapping great pictures!

First up a Pentax SMC M 50mm f2: $25
This is probably the most common M series lens for 70's era film cameras thus the low price. The lens is overall in great condition but the focusing ring feels a little loose at times.

Second is a Pentax SMC M 35mm f2: $120
A perfect walk-around lens for this camera system and one that can be opened up to f2 for improved low-light shooting! I've left this on the camera the majority of the time with excellent results! Its great used condition!

Third is a Pentax SMC K 28mm f3.5: $140
Considered one of the best (if not THE best) 28mm lenses Pentax ever made! This lens is held in very high regard from both film and digital shooters alike because it is SHARP SHARP SHARP! It is also the most well-built 35mm format lens I've ever handled. This thing is nothing but heavy metal and glass and the focusing is like butter! These do not come up for sale often online in the US due to their rarity so don't miss out! It's in amazing condition for it's age!

Now if you've gotten this far you'll realize the math on the above listed equipment doesn't add up...that's because if you take the whole kit I'll let it go out the door for $300! Whether you're new to analog photography or an experienced shooter this is a great opportunity to own some of the best film photography gear Pentax ever produced! Please feel free to ask any questions! CASH ONLY PLEASE! If you buy I'll even throw in a vintage camera strap if you like! Thanks for looking! "
Views: 1,205
03-31-2016, 06:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The prices he/she listed are much higher than what's listed on ebay . I guess there is scope for negotiation on craigslist.
04-01-2016, 01:19 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not really. The 35/2 lens is worth more than the K28/3.5 and the latter is ab out right. To get a MX that has been serviced in the last little while for next to no money is definitely worth the money.
04-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

out of which M50f2 should be thrown in for free for what it offers.

04-01-2016, 08:15 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I have a few friends who live in Raleigh. I emailed inquiring about the lenses and apparently the original poster said he moved out of NC. He did not mention where.