Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Another big lens offering - rare one too
Posted By: Wild Mark, 04-29-2016, 04:51 PM

If I didn't have the FA version I would be all over this like a rash

Pentax Very Rare SMC Pentax F Zoom Star 250 600mm F5 6 ED IF FOR K Mount A111 | eBay

In fact, I would probably preferred this version to the FA but it seems to be a whole lot rarer.
Views: 2,815
04-29-2016, 08:02 PM   #2
Emperor and Senpai
VoiceOfReason's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Nashville, IN
Posts: 5,114
If only I had a spare 5k...
04-29-2016, 08:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newcastle
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,443
Original Poster
I know. Imagine the cost of producing that same lens now. Probably greater than this price.

I like the more angular appearance of the F series and the use of white/ gold instead of grey in the FA - but that is just me.
04-29-2016, 10:02 PM   #4
Site Supporter
rvannatta's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Apiary, Oregon
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,171
QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
If I didn't have the FA version I would be all over this like a rash

Pentax Very Rare SMC Pentax F Zoom Star 250 600mm F5 6 ED IF FOR K Mount A111 | eBay

In fact, I would probably preferred this version to the FA but it seems to be a whole lot rarer.
Agreed. There aren't many of these around. It's usefulness and functionality and value to the FA 150-450, and DA 560.

They do come in a nice trunk which makes transport easier.

04-30-2016, 06:01 AM   #5
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,430
Be Aware:

No front leather 150mm cap and no mention of drop-in filter. The (a) rear filter is part of the optical path and is required for proper function.
04-30-2016, 09:47 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian
builttospill's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Utah, Idaho
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,642
The lens includes the rear filter. I made sure to ask the seller before sending the money. He was very responsive in his replies to my questions.
04-30-2016, 09:57 AM   #7
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,430
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
The lens includes the rear filter. I made sure to ask the seller before sending the money. He was very responsive in his replies to my questions.
Did I read your response correctly?
04-30-2016, 10:32 AM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian
builttospill's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Utah, Idaho
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,642
Haha. Yeah, I asked a few questions because as you know, this isn't your typical lens purchase. After sending him the money I sent another message to him saying I'd send the lens back if it wasn't fully functional and he confirmed it would be.

I've been waiting for this one for years. Unfortunately I'm using my K-1 fund to purchase this. It should be easier to find a K-1 later though instead of a 250-600.

04-30-2016, 10:39 AM   #9
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,430
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Haha. Yeah, I asked a few questions because as you know, this isn't your typical lens purchase. After sending him the money I sent another message to him saying I'd send the lens back if it wasn't fully functional and he confirmed it would be.

I've been waiting for this one for years. Unfortunately I'm using my K-1 fund to purchase this. It should be easier to find a K-1 later though instead of a 250-600.
Congratulations!!

I imagine Clinton and SteveM are raising a glass in your honor right about now.
04-30-2016, 10:43 AM - 2 Likes   #10
Pentaxian
builttospill's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Utah, Idaho
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,642
Thanks! Clinton knows I've been watching for this lens. In fact, he sent me a PM when the listing was created so he found it for me.

I'd be raising my own glass at this point, but don't think I can afford to anymore.
04-30-2016, 10:46 AM - 1 Like   #11
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,430
QuoteOriginally posted by builttospill Quote
Thanks! Clinton knows I've been watching for this lens. In fact, he sent me a PM when the listing was created so he found it for me.

I'd be raising my own glass at this point, but don't think I can afford to anymore.
Hah Hah - well, you'll soon be raising heavy glass. . . . . . .



ahem
04-30-2016, 10:48 AM   #12
Pentaxian
builttospill's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Utah, Idaho
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,642
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Hah Hah - well, you'll soon be raising heavy glass. . . . . . .

ahem
Lol. Nicely done. I'll post pictures when the lens arrives.
04-30-2016, 11:39 PM   #13
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newcastle
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,443
Original Poster
congratulations
05-01-2016, 09:28 AM   #14
Pentaxian
builttospill's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Utah, Idaho
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,642
Thanks Mark. I'm impatiently awaiting its arrival.
05-02-2016, 12:31 AM   #15
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Newcastle
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,443
Original Poster
I'm impatiently awaiting results
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
coupon, fa, pentax, pentax deals, savings, version
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Another person with too much money and too much time Murra54 Post Your Photos! 10 02-15-2016 09:14 PM
Pentax K-01 too big Macario Pentax K-01 35 10-25-2015 04:55 AM
Too Big old4570 Macro Photography 2 12-08-2014 11:55 AM
One lens over another rajusa Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 10 03-02-2011 04:27 PM
One day in the Big Apple - which lens? Steve Beswick Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 25 09-05-2009 12:37 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:18 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top