Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Photoshop Elements 14 - $69
Posted By: Adam, 05-23-2016, 02:29 PM

Photoshop Elements is just $69 today at B&H- $30 off!

photoshop elements | B&H Photo Video - Grid View

Views: 1,786
05-23-2016, 05:09 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello Adam,

Thanks very much for the heads up. I have numerous ratings and reviews regarding this product and they range from 1/2 star to 4 stars. I find it impossible to comprehend how the same product in different hands can earn so many mixed reviews. If you have experience with this software, I would very much appreciate your comments.

Many thanks,

Antonio
05-23-2016, 06:48 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
Photoshop elements is your basic image editor. It can do a lot of what the full version of photoshop can, but it doesn't have the workflow tools that Lightroom comes with, hence the low price.

I think that software reviews vary greatly because some people simply don't know how to use photoshop.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-23-2016, 07:31 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
This is a nice software.
Basically PS lite.

In fact, not so light as it has most of the features a photographer will need.
Unless one does a lot of photo manipulation.

The other thing to check is whether it now supports 16bit editing.
If you are into such stuff.

I was on PSE9 before changing to CC

05-23-2016, 10:25 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Photoshop elements is your basic image editor. It can do a lot of what the full version of photoshop can, but it doesn't have the workflow tools that Lightroom comes with, hence the low price.

I think that software reviews vary greatly because some people simply don't know how to use photoshop.
Thank you for response. Now I need to ask you to forgive my ignorance, but what exactly are workflow tools?

Rgrds,

Antonio
05-23-2016, 10:26 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
From wikiversity:

QuoteQuote:
"Digital Workflow" is the process by which photographs are taken, downloaded, identified (see also DAM), edited, delivered, printed, backed up and stored. This can consist of any number of software programs such as the computer operating systems connectivity functions, the software shipped with the camera from the manufacture such as Canon's "Digital Photo Professional" to "Digital Darkrooms" like "Aperture" (Apple), Photoshop (Adobe), GIMP (open source) or "Lightroom" (Adobe). There are many other less common programs that perform both general photo editing and very specific editing tasks such as sharpening, adding filters, or enlargement. Digital workflows allow photographers to shoot in RAW,and process their pictures exactly as needed.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-23-2016, 10:52 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks again. Do you happen to have experience or knowledge regarding Lightroom 6, the stand alone? I see this one received many glowing reviews.

Antonio

05-23-2016, 10:56 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Thanks again. Do you happen to have experience or knowledge regarding Lightroom 6, the stand alone? I see this one received many glowing reviews.

Antonio
Lightroom is pretty popular, yeah. LR CC has a few more minor features than LR 6, but for the most part they're the same thing. You can download a trial from Adobe to take it for a spin. Lightroom is popular for being a "non destructive" photo editor, meaning that it saves your edits separately rather than altering your original files. You can then export edited files however you want.

Adam

05-25-2016, 05:22 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Important Notice!
NOTE: This item is only available to customers using a US billing address at registration.
05-25-2016, 11:45 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lightroom is pretty popular, yeah. LR CC has a few more minor features than LR 6, but for the most part they're the same thing. You can download a trial from Adobe to take it for a spin. Lightroom is popular for being a "non destructive" photo editor, meaning that it saves your edits separately rather than altering your original files. You can then export edited files however you want.
I see what you are saying. I had been using FastStones Photo Resizer, and I resized once too often and my images were completely destroyed. Lesson learned.

Thanks again for your assistance. I have also heard that Lightroom 5 is pretty much the same a LR 6, and perhaps could find it somewhere for around $50.00USD.

Adios,

Antonio
05-25-2016, 11:51 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I have been using Photoshop Elements since version 5 came out and am now using Version 13. I find it isn't destructive at all. I can save my finished edits as .jpg and keep my .DNG file intact. It is better than FastStone as it has most everything PhotoShop has, and I dislike that somethings in LR can't be done. I tried LR, didn't like it, went back to Elements. Just my two cents!
05-26-2016, 12:02 AM   #12
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

And if you missed the one at B&H, there is the same offer at Amazon. It says download but you can get it as disc too.

Amazon.com: Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 [Download]: Software
05-26-2016, 12:38 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
And if you missed the one at B&H, there is the same offer at Amazon. It says download but you can get it as disc too.

Amazon.com: Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 [Download]: Software
Many thanks,

Tony
05-26-2016, 01:01 AM   #14
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You're welcome, Tony!
06-02-2016, 12:01 PM   #15
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Btw, the first offer from B&H is still available but only as a DVD version. I just ordered mine. I got if for $57 and some change because when I bought my new K-50, I got a e gift card from B&H and used that to get monies off the Photoshop Elements 14. Yippee!!