Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Asahiflex lens!
Posted By: pathdoc, 06-01-2016, 04:47 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Asahi Kogaku Takumar 50mm F3 5 F 3 5 for Asahi Flex | eBay

Better get in quick, though.
Views: 1,059
06-01-2016, 04:55 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Current bid is $82 with a little over 4 hrs to go. It will end up at several hundred dollars with a few seconds left. Just my prediction. It also appears to have some element separation...
06-01-2016, 05:02 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
What strikes me most is the resemblance to my Industar 50/3.5, though IIRC they had a common ancestor at one point. But this one is an M37 with Pentax registry distance, isn't it, rather than the Industar M42, and IIRC the common ancestor was computed for rangefinders. Other than that, by how much do they really differ?
06-01-2016, 05:09 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
What strikes me most is the resemblance to my Industar 50/3.5, though IIRC they had a common ancestor at one point. But this one is an M37 with Pentax registry distance, isn't it, rather than the Industar M42, and IIRC the common ancestor was computed for rangefinders. Other than that, by how much do they really differ?
There were two different versions of the 50/3.5. Both are Tessars like the Industar, but the second Takumar is a pre-set. That is the version in this auction. The Takumar also has 12 blades, the Industar only has 7.

Who ever wins this auction will need a M37 to M42 adapter ring. The Pentax version seem to be unobtanium...

06-01-2016, 05:16 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
There were two different versions of the 50/3.5. Both are Tessars like the Industar, but the second Takumar is a pre-set. That is the version in this auction. The Takumar also has 12 blades, the Industar only has 7.

Who ever wins this auction will need a M37 to M42 adapter ring.
Or an Asahiflex.
06-01-2016, 10:19 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It sold for $82 + $13 shipping....