Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Takumar 83mm 1.9
Posted By: Wild Mark, 06-01-2016, 11:15 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Wowsers

Extremely Rare F 1 9 83mm Asahi Takumar 42mm Screw Mount Lens FOR Pentax Bodies | eBay

"Tell him he's dreaming son" [said with some typical Aussie twang]

('The Castle' an Australian film exhibiting the quintessential essence of the working man)
Views: 7,074
06-05-2016, 06:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
now it is USD$3,500

he's dreming

06-05-2016, 08:38 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
now it is USD$3,500

he's dreming
*eyeroll* The sudden rise in price is surely a result of "real" collector interest.

Makes me wonder if he's trolling or being trolled.
06-05-2016, 09:28 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's gone
I would have paid at least double for it. I will regret it the rest of my life.
06-05-2016, 02:47 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I think he is trolling himself and ending up short

06-05-2016, 03:56 PM   #20
Pentaxian

As I said in the Stinky seller thread, I don't care how rare an item is, the value is only worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

is this lens rare, possibly. Is this lens valuable, I would give him $50 and call it even. The part that got me was the part about paying with in 8 hours. That is unreasonable.

If I had the money, I would have made him an offer but in the terms I would have put, "Must be hand delivered with in 8 hours."
06-05-2016, 04:49 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bigdavephoto Quote
"Must be hand delivered with in 8 hours."
I love that idea - funny for me as I live on another continent!
06-18-2016, 01:48 PM - 1 Like   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TomTom Quote
New low price! $1999.

lol
Now its $3499 and Free Shipping ! I couldn't resist......sent an offer for $3299......lol.

06-18-2016, 02:58 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Now its $3499 and Free Shipping ! I couldn't resist......sent an offer for $3299......lol.
Um. Offers on eBay are binding if accepted.

Making a Best Offer
06-18-2016, 03:04 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Um. Offers on eBay are binding if accepted.

Making a Best Offer
Ummm....Sorry. I Didn't make a BEST OFFER........I sent a Message with a offer......I assure you its NON Binding.
He does Not have a "Best Offer" selected for his Ad.
And Personally I could care less what Ebays TOS are. I was a Ebay seller for 14 years and only recently stopped selling there because of PayPal and Ebays policy protecting unscrupulous and Evil Buyers.
Its a Joke....Get it ?
06-18-2016, 06:16 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I was a Ebay seller for 14 years and only recently stopped selling there because of PayPal and Ebays policy protecting unscrupulous and Evil Buyers.
The seller may be an evil seller???
06-18-2016, 07:16 PM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
You clearly have no understanding of contract law. Google "promissory estoppel." Whether you have entered into a binding contract or not has nothing to do with eBay's TOS.
I don't think promissory estoppel applies, but a fake offer is almost certainly covered under the doctrine of dick moves.
06-18-2016, 08:16 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DennisH Quote
I don't think promissory estoppel applies, but a fake offer is almost certainly covered under the doctrine of dick moves.
Spoken Like A True "ONE" ! Unfortunately what YOU think is not essential to MY Happiness ! Please Don't take being "Obtuse" to the extreme here......

---------- Post added 06-19-16 at 11:19 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by DennisH Quote
Can You please Provide references to back this Up ?
I simply asked the seller if he would take $3299 for his lens. A simple YES or NO from him in No way constitutes a CONTRACT TO BUY......A Simpleton can Plainly see that....cant They ?
Speaking of Dick Moves.....Would adding You and DC to my "Ignore list" be one of those ? DONE !

---------- Post added 06-19-16 at 11:40 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
You clearly have no understanding of contract law. Google "promissory estoppel." Whether you have entered into a binding contract or not has nothing to do with eBay's TOS.
DC ....You clearly have NO sense of Humor at all.....lol.....Geeze.....Am I going to have to Put You back On My "Ignore List" ......Again for another Year ?

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 06-18-2016 at 08:42 PM.
06-18-2016, 10:13 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Originally posted by DennisH
Spoken Like A True "ONE" ! Unfortunately what YOU think is not essential to MY Happiness ! Please Don't take being "Obtuse" to the extreme here......

Originally posted by DennisH
I simply asked the seller if he would take $3299 for his lens. A simple YES or NO from him in No way constitutes a CONTRACT TO BUY......A Simpleton can Plainly see that....cant They ?
Speaking of Dick Moves.....Would adding You and DC to my "Ignore list" be one of those ? DONE !

Originally posted by dcshooter
DC ....You clearly have NO sense of Humor at all.....lol.....Geeze.....Am I going to have to Put You back On My "Ignore List" ......Again for another Year ?
Im unsure this response was required. If you feel a little vulnerable about what you have done then perhaps talk about that. Unfortunately, it is hard to do this in a internet chat room where body language is absent.

To dispell your anxiety may I suggest you 'retract' the offer made before your bluff is called. Just a safe thought in my books.

Cheers
06-19-2016, 03:10 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Calm down.
06-19-2016, 05:21 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

". . . . been using Takumar M42 mount cameras and lenses extensively since 1974 . . . . "

Sounds to me like he's an old guy trying to sell a life-long collection in a frustratingly bad, buyers' market. Always imagined he would cash out his lenses for retirement, but they've gone Beanie Baby on him.

Sadly tragic - tragically sad? - really. *

* looks in mirror thinking, "Me in 20 years?"

Last edited by monochrome; 06-19-2016 at 05:27 AM.