Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Takumar 83mm 1.9
Posted By: Wild Mark, 06-01-2016, 11:15 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Wowsers

Extremely Rare F 1 9 83mm Asahi Takumar 42mm Screw Mount Lens FOR Pentax Bodies | eBay

"Tell him he's dreaming son" [said with some typical Aussie twang]

('The Castle' an Australian film exhibiting the quintessential essence of the working man)
Views: 7,103
06-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
We seem to have put a bit of a burr under his saddle:

He actually made several posts in this thread that were deleted from the mod queue before becoming visible. One of the ironies here is that our law quoting legal expert friend, in one of those deleted posts, was replying to dcshooter.
Somehow he ended up banned from the forum.

In the words of Sgt Schultz; "I know nothhhhingk, nothhhhingk!"

It makes me wonder if it was the actual Stinky Seller or a forum member trolling us. Either way, mildly entertaining.

06-22-2016, 10:25 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I step away from a thread for a day or two and... miss all the fun!
I got more than a few laughs from all this.

I noticed the original link says it is not available, but going to View Seller's Other Items, there it is again! Free standard shipping now, at a $3,499.00 price.

Extremely RARE F 1 9 83mm Asahi Takumar M42 Screw Mount Lens for Pentax Bodies | eBay

And NOW, in his listing, PF features prominently:

QuoteQuote:
NOTE: Unfortunately, there are some immature individuals who purport themselves to be adults presently discussing this lens and corresponding listing on the Pentax Forum. They believe it is both funny and acceptable to make fraudulent offers, to harass me by asking foolish questions, and to waste my time by inquiring about specifics already answered in this listing.

Therefore, on any inquiry which I believe to be an attempt at harassing me over this item, I will not respond and will report all such conduct to Ebay.

Furthermore, if you make me an offer, even in jest, and I accept that offer, under the Uniform Commercial Code, Michigan law (as this item is being sold from a location in Michigan), California law (under which Ebay is governed) and Ebay's legal policies, you have entered into a binding and irrevocable contract to purchase this lens at the agreed upon price and you are therefore contractually obligated to immediately pay me in full for this lens plus all corresponding shipping costs as set forth herein.

Offer + Acceptance = Contractual Agreement. This is Contracts 101 taught to all first year law students.

Making prank offers has consequences and will be fully prosecuted.

If you don't like what I am asking for this lens, or in my sales approach then it's simple. Tune this listing out and move on however, it's my item to price and sell as I wish.
06-22-2016, 10:39 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
I step away from a thread for a day or two and... miss all the fun!
I got more than a few laughs from all this.

I noticed the original link says it is not available, but going to View Seller's Other Items, there it is again! Free standard shipping now, at a $3,499.00 price.

Extremely RARE F 1 9 83mm Asahi Takumar M42 Screw Mount Lens for Pentax Bodies | eBay

And NOW, in his listing, PF features prominently:
I like the part where he intimates that he is an adult and then threatens to take his ball and go home if one doesn't play by his rules. Poor little guy.
06-22-2016, 10:44 AM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think I'm heading to eBay to ask him if I can use it on a K-r.

06-22-2016, 10:49 AM   #50
Pentaxian

I really enjoyed what he said about going to federal court if a person makes an offer and then doesn't pay.

First thing, not a federal crime. Secondly, all he could do is small claims court and good luck getting payment after that.
06-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #51
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

He cites contract law but, apparently, is uneducated as to the difference between contract law and criminal law.
06-22-2016, 11:31 AM - 2 Likes   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Could there be an explicit or implied offer if the seller has stated: I AM NOT ACCEPTING OFFERS ON THIS ITEM. LISTING PRICE IS FIRM!

I don't understand how the seller could suggest that h/she could 'accept' any offer when the eBay listing clearly denies such a possibility.

06-22-2016, 11:45 AM   #53
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Could there be an explicit or implied offer if the seller has stated: I AM NOT ACCEPTING OFFERS ON THIS ITEM. LISTING PRICE IS FIRM!
Excellent point.
As the legal genius himself said:
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Collector Quote
This is Basic Contracts 101. Offer + Acceptance = Contract and Obligation for Performance.
He has stated that he will not accept offers; ergo, no acceptance, no contract. No contract, no obligation.
06-22-2016, 02:48 PM   #54
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Classic
06-22-2016, 03:39 PM - 1 Like   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This thread has all the makings of previous nutzo post involving RICOH . . . . . Oh - I probably shouldn't go there.
06-22-2016, 07:02 PM   #56
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
This thread has all the makings of previous nutzo post involving RICOH . . . . . Oh - I probably shouldn't go there.
Ohhhhh Myyy.....Did I Do That ?

Last edited by Dlanor Sekao; 06-22-2016 at 07:12 PM.
06-22-2016, 07:30 PM   #57
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
"Would you take $3300?"
We're straying from the OP and intent, but this is interesting in the context of eBay lens transactions.

Does the wording make any difference? Is "would you take $3300" actually an offer, since the statement doesn't identify a second party (the offeror) and seems hypothetical? I could see how "I offer you $3300 now. Will you accept?" is an offer. Is the first instance an implied offer?

- Craig
06-23-2016, 06:19 AM   #58
Site Supporter

I've been enjoying this thread for a bit. However, my question is, if I break a tooth on an unexpected popcorn kernel, will I be able to sue the lens seller ?

06-23-2016, 06:25 AM - 1 Like   #59
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fwcetus Quote
I've been enjoying this thread for a bit. However, my question is, if I break a tooth on an unexpected popcorn kernel, will I be able to sue the lens seller ?

Ab-so-lutely! In Federal criminal court.
06-23-2016, 06:27 AM   #60
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I reckon this is a classic case for Judge Judy - I would LOVE to see her adjudicate on this one