Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Canon Pixma Pro 100 Printer - $49!
Posted By: Adam, 06-05-2016, 03:37 AM

The great printer deal is back! Get this Canon Pixma Pro-100 photo printer for just $49 after $250 mail-in rebate and $50 instant discount.

Canon PRO 100 PIXMA Wireless Professional Inkjet Photo 6228B002

Following the link above should give you the promotional price of $299 once you add the printer to your cart. If not, use the coupon code BHOPTIC16 at checkout.

I got this printer during a similar deal and it's great. Prints up to 13x19 in very high quality. It's a bit on the heavy side, though!

Views: 1,448
06-05-2016, 05:51 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1 I own this and really like it.
06-05-2016, 06:42 AM   #3

I'm finding the price is $99 after rebate, not $49, even after entering the promotional code. I received the BH email about Optic 16 specials and that shows the price after rebate at $99 as well. Has anyone been able to buy one for $49? If so, how. Thanks.
06-05-2016, 07:41 AM   #4
Site Supporter

It's BIG

It's HEAVY

It's a pro tool, no doubt about it and is capable of excellent prints. I love mine.

BTW...price is up to $349 after promo code - $250 rebate = $99 (includes pack of paper valued at $38.99).

Steve

06-05-2016, 08:50 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

My current printer's head (a Canon) dried up (even with new ink cartridges it's DoA), so it's a new printer. This offer sounds excellent. What do the ink packs run? One of the other alternatives I have been considering is the Epson EcoTank Printers. The down side is that it is not specifically for image printing. I also in the way distant past vowed to never buy another Epson product ever again.________________

Just thinking out loud - I was looking at replacement ink for this - $112 for an 8 color ink cartridge set. It's just as cheap to possibly buy the entire printer on sale (with a new set of ink cartridges), and then try to sell the printer for something less (sans ink). So, does the printer come with a production set of ink cartridges? or just a starter set that will need to be replaced after a few prints?

Last edited by interested_observer; 06-05-2016 at 09:59 AM.
06-05-2016, 10:00 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
full color/bw ink packs are around $110... staples matches amazon official prices, so that's where i usually go. i bought this printer around 3? years ago... was cheaper than buying ink for my old printer. it's so nice to break out of the 8.5 x 11 format! my next printer will be bigger.... if they ever make one i can afford!
06-05-2016, 10:30 AM   #7
Pentaxian

We recently took our Pixma pro to the dump. Ink was too expensive, it needed a new printer head, and in the end, it's cheaper to just have our printing done when printing companies have sales.
06-05-2016, 10:56 AM   #8
Veteran Member

This is one of three printers in my fleet.
I have a fast HP B&W laser, a 4x6 Canon Selphy, and this monster.
It does not fit on any of my shelves so I had to clear space on my dresser and my dresser is rather on the deep side.
From 5x7 to 13x19 it rocks in color and in B&W.
I'm considering buying another at this price for the ink but that seems dishonest.

06-05-2016, 11:09 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aoeu Quote
I'm considering buying another at this price for the ink but that seems dishonest.
You wouldn't be the first nor the last to do that.
06-05-2016, 11:11 AM   #10

Precision Colors sells kits for refilling the original Pro 100 cartridges which makes printing with this printer relatively inexpensive. And, Canon often has deals on photo paper like buy one and get two/four more free with free shipping. There is however a compatibility issue with Precision Colors' yellow ink and Canon's, so you need a fresh empty cartridge to refill the yellow, but Precision Colors can provide one, and there is no problem mixing the other colors. Precision Colors has tutorials and there are plenty of youtube videos on the refilling process; the ones from Jose Rodriguez are especially good. One thing though, you need to print regularly with the PRO 100 otherwise you'll likely get a clogged print head.
06-05-2016, 12:34 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by T Evergreen Quote
Precision Colors sells kits for refilling the original Pro 100 cartridges which makes printing with this printer relatively inexpensive. And, Canon often has deals on photo paper like buy one and get two/four more free with free shipping. There is however a compatibility issue with Precision Colors' yellow ink and Canon's, so you need a fresh empty cartridge to refill the yellow, but Precision Colors can provide one, and there is no problem mixing the other colors. Precision Colors has tutorials and there are plenty of youtube videos on the refilling process; the ones from Jose Rodriguez are especially good. One thing though, you need to print regularly with the PRO 100 otherwise you'll likely get a clogged print head.
Precision Color and Red River Paper are both excellent. Way cheaper and the quality is just as good. I hung several prints up in my woodworking shop windows to test fading. They face West and get some harsh light. I also run an HVLP sprayer in this shop where I spray a wide variety of finishes, so these prints got exposed to a lot of harsh vapors from different finishes and solvents. I couldn't tell any difference between what was printed on Canon paper with Canon ink and what was printed with Precision Color inks and Red River Papers.

As Evergreen says. You need to be printing regularly. Depending on the humidity and temperature of the room you keep the printer in you will have a clogged print head if you are not printing regularly. These take up a lot of space and getting into custom profiles and papers is expensive. Unless you are a regular printer its not worth it.
06-05-2016, 02:13 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
If you decide on red river, remember that they offer a 10% discount for PF members:
Welcome Pentax Forum

Also, I'm not sure why the price on this went up, because B&H's e-mail clearly advertised $49, and the in-cart price reflected that. Perhaps they flew out the door?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-05-2016, 07:57 PM   #13
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
What do the ink packs run?
About $16 per tank. I just bought two last week and yes, the printer comes with a full set of full size tanks (pack of paper too).

Steve
06-06-2016, 09:30 PM   #14
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I got one of these about a year ago with a similar deal. I've only printed with Canon ink and paper, though I'm interested in other brands. The prints are beautiful. I've printed pretty much every size it can print and I've only needed to replace the gray cartridge so far. I'm surprised how long the cartridges last.
I really like it.