Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
B&H: $150 off Sigma 85mm (2-day special)
Posted By: Adam, 06-06-2016, 05:25 PM

B&H is currently running a special on the Sigma 85mm F1.4, including the Pentax K-mount version. Take an additional $50 off for the next two days by following the link below. The lower price of $819 will be shown in cart.

Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM Lens For Pentax Digital SLR 320109

To apply the coupon manually, enter BHOPTIC16 at checkout.

K-1 users: this lens needs to be serviced by Sigma prior to being used on the K-1. The service is free of charge.

Views: 1,178
06-06-2016, 05:44 PM   #2
mee
Pentaxian

Now that is has been discontinued.. I suppose this is the blowout.. even though $819 isn't really a blowout price, it is a decent discount over retail..
06-06-2016, 05:49 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I know it's out of production by now, but I wonder how many they have left. Since there's no Art version yet, od speculate it'll be around a bit longer.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-06-2016, 09:09 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Too bad, even at this lowered price I cannot afford this wonderful lens, I have tried this on a different mount, man, the results are damn good.

06-10-2016, 09:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I know it's out of production by now, but I wonder how many they have left. Since there's no Art version yet, od speculate it'll be around a bit longer.
Hey Adam! What was the consensus, did the sigma 85 1.4 work on the K1 or did it have compatibility issues?
06-10-2016, 03:59 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by oxidized Quote
Hey Adam! What was the consensus, did the sigma 85 1.4 work on the K1 or did it have compatibility issues?
It works fine, however you might just want to get the mount serviced so it doesn't scratch the body (Sigma is doing this for free).

Adam

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-10-2016, 04:02 PM   #7
mee
Pentaxian

Since it is discontinued it is very likely that Sigma support won't touch it short of the 1 year warranty. They (CRIS) wouldn't touch my 105mm Macro citing it was a discontinued model.
06-10-2016, 04:23 PM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Since it is discontinued it is very likely that Sigma support won't touch it short of the 1 year warranty. They (CRIS) wouldn't touch my 105mm Macro citing it was a discontinued model.
The service bulletin specifically identifies this lens, so I doubt that's true. They are just swapping out the metal mount with one that better matches Pentax's specifications, so theoretically it shouldn't matter which lens is being serviced.

Also, while the 85mm may be out of production, it's still in the current Sigma lineup as no replacement has been announced yet.

Adam

06-10-2016, 08:01 PM   #9
mee
Pentaxian

The service bulletin specifically identifies this lens, so I doubt that's true. They are just swapping out the metal mount with one that better matches Pentax's specifications, so theoretically it shouldn't matter which lens is being serviced.

Also, while the 85mm may be out of production, it's still in the current Sigma lineup as no replacement has been announced yet.
I'm not referencing the repair for the scratch, but repairs beyond this that require parts. Apparently they don't keep a large parts supply for discontinued lenses.. so while I'd be safe in saying you're safe for the 1 yr of the warranty, after that you're in no-mans land whether or not the lens can be repaired. To some that might have some value..