Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-1 available on Amazon looks like.
Posted By: shardulm, 06-15-2016, 06:21 AM

Pentax K-1 Full Frame DSLR Camera (Body Only)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BL6L3G6/

Last edited by shardulm; 06-15-2016 at 06:29 AM.
Views: 909
06-15-2016, 07:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
ritz (via amazon) also has them, but bundled with a bunch of stuff for an extra $100... which is the same as amazon official + tax.
06-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #3
Forum Member

Amazon has been shipping them for a while in dribs and drabs. I bought mine from them in early May, it was "backordered" but shipped in a few days.
06-15-2016, 10:12 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Ritz sells gray market gear, and I believe this won't have at least the US warranty if that's important to you.

06-15-2016, 10:42 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Did anyone see/snag a used K-1 for 1098.00 ????? I have a feeling that that listing on Amazon was spam. The seller wanted the buyer to contact them before buying.
06-15-2016, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
Did anyone see/snag a used K-1 for 1098.00 ????? I have a feeling that that listing on Amazon was spam. The seller wanted the buyer to contact them before buying.
I contacted them via email as requested. About an hour later that 'used' item was gone, as if someone had made that purchase. About 4 hours after I sent the email I got this reply:
"Thanks for your interest! Pentax K-1 Full Frame DSLR Camera (Body Only) is Brand New, original box, sealed, never used, not scratches or any problems, comes in the manufacturer packaging with 2 Year full warranty and all manufacturer supplied accessories, US model. The total price is $1,098.00, including all shipping and insurance fees to United States / Canada. (3-5 business days).

The price is less than usual, because we have special offers and discounts in this period. The offer lasts 7 days. Take advantage while the offer lasts.

The transaction is through Amazon Payments; payment method is through Amazon Gift Card and you are covered by A-to-z Guarantee Protection. You can easily buy an Amazon Gift Card using your credit card directly on the Amazon website.

Return policy is full money back or replace the product, you can return it for any reason at all within 30 days.

If you want to buy, please confirm your full name and shipping address and I will place an order on Amazon for you; and then you receive the order confirmation from them with all details about the next steps to complete your purchase.
We will reserve the item for you and soon you receive the order confirmation from Amazon.

Many Thanks,
Media Market"

Does sound like a scam to me. I might consider a 'used' item for that low a price because I can see where the price would drop that much depending on circumstances. But a "Brand New, original box, sealed, never used, ..." item, at that price, is waaaay too good to be true. And only accepting an Amazon gift card as payment is another red flag.

Buyer beware!
06-15-2016, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iCrop Quote
...payment method is through Amazon Gift Card...
Agreed, it's a scam. They'll be gone with your money while you wait for the K-1 to arrive.
06-15-2016, 06:55 PM   #8
Site Supporter

the 1098 deal has popped up a few times, always different seller with a brand new amazon acct, zero feedback. if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

06-16-2016, 06:15 AM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Wonder how amazon allows for such spams.. don't they have any due diligence on the sellers?
I understand its a free market and anybody can sell the stuff but these things are too obvious to go unnoticed and Amazon is not doing anything about it.