Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread

B&H just jacked up their prices on Pentax gear.
Posted By: sarge, 07-01-2016, 12:23 AM

It looks like B&H jacked up all their prices on Pentax gear.
I was going to order a 35mm Macro Limited but they just raised the price about $80.00.
Won't be ordering it now!
Views: 5,276
07-07-2016, 06:27 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
Price is the issue. ...
I expect the XT2 to come out at around $1400 USD body only. On sale by the Holidays for $1100 or $1200.
Out at $1,600 - ouch. It's got 4K video and a dual-hinged back screen, but yikes, that's one expensive camera. You could have a K-70 plus two or three (good!) lenses for the price of that body alone, or a K-1 body for just a little more. The Fuji system appeals, but I think for me the price will always be prohibitive. Pentax gives me so much more value. Just give me a K-3 successor with the K-1's back screen for about $1k...

07-07-2016, 07:40 AM   #32
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adorama announced it:

Fujifilm X-T2 Mirrorless Digital Camera Body - Black 16519247
07-07-2016, 01:02 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Out at $1,600 - ouch. It's got 4K video and a dual-hinged back screen, but yikes, that's one expensive camera. You could have a K-70 plus two or three (good!) lenses for the price of that body alone, or a K-1 body for just a little more. The Fuji system appeals, but I think for me the price will always be prohibitive. Pentax gives me so much more value. Just give me a K-3 successor with the K-1's back screen for about $1k...

Absolutely! As a matter of fact I just added a 3rd K3II body at $729.00 from AMAZON.

And I would not be surprised at all if Pentax came out with a K-2 APS-c body that had all the K1 features. It's kind of a no-brainer, lets see if they do it.
07-08-2016, 02:15 PM   #34
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by talkskiwon Quote
Bravo.
The price history charts are now live in the lens search, lens database, and camera database, for all current lenses. US-only for now, but I plan to soon expand the system to include European and Canadian dealers (prices will be shown based on your location).

@The Squirrel Mafia;

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-08-2016, 04:44 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The price history charts are now live in the lens search, lens database, and camera database, for all current lenses. US-only for now, but I plan to soon expand the system to include European and Canadian dealers (prices will be shown based on your location).

@The Squirrel Mafia;
Cool, looks like Yahoo Finance now
07-08-2016, 10:22 PM   #36
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
Cool, looks like Yahoo Finance now
Hehe kind of does.. but the black labels are difficult to read with the nighttime forum theme.. black text on dark grey background..

A way to disable / enable each of the stores from the charts would be handy too..

Otherwise very nice!! Look at the K-3 (first version) pricing.. Adorama jumps around like a yoyo..
07-08-2016, 11:26 PM   #37
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Hehe kind of does.. but the black labels are difficult to read with the nighttime forum theme.. black text on dark grey background..

A way to disable / enable each of the stores from the charts would be handy too..

Otherwise very nice!! Look at the K-3 (first version) pricing.. Adorama jumps around like a yoyo..
The background should now be fixed (you may need to perform a control + F5 refresh).

As for the chart, currently we're using a fairly basic library, but this sort of functionality should easily be possible in the future.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-09-2016, 07:47 AM   #38
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The background should now be fixed (you may need to perform a control + F5 refresh).

As for the chart, currently we're using a fairly basic library, but this sort of functionality should easily be possible in the future.
Looks the same.. black text.. here at least. Did the ctrl + f5, did a regular f5, reopened the page in a new tab.. no changes.

Thank you for looking into it. You are very open to requests and that is rare for site owners. Thanks!
07-09-2016, 08:04 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Looks the same.. black text.. here at least. Did the ctrl + f5, did a regular f5, reopened the page in a new tab.. no changes.

Thank you for looking into it. You are very open to requests and that is rare for site owners. Thanks!
+1 responsiveness.

In night time skin #2 black highlight text should be orange (chart axis labels)

Last edited by monochrome; 07-09-2016 at 09:55 AM.
07-09-2016, 12:38 PM   #40
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I checked and it looks like the fix did go through, but you might have to hard refresh the CSS file itself (click on the link the control+F5) since the charts are shown in their own frame.

Adam

07-16-2016, 07:00 PM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
That's ridiculous.

Kevin Mullins, Zack Arias, Damien Lovegrove, Chris Upton, Pete Bridgewood, Colin Nichols, Bradley Hansen... just to name a few. Yea stay clear of the X Trans sensor, it might be too professional for you.
Well Zack Arias is paid for by Fujifilm so that is automatic bias on his part.

The watercolor effect is also well known and not made up by me. Have a Google search yourself. I am not making these things up.

Each to their own, I am only stating my own opinion.

By the way, I happen to own an X-E1. An old product now and I got it cheap, $300 Australian 2nd hand. Nice enough but certainly not making me think Fujifilm is fantastic and I'm still not convinced on X-trans.
07-16-2016, 10:44 PM - 1 Like   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
Well Zack Arias is paid for by Fujifilm so that is automatic bias on his part.

The watercolor effect is also well known and not made up by me. Have a Google search yourself. I am not making these things up.

Each to their own, I am only stating my own opinion.

By the way, I happen to own an X-E1. An old product now and I got it cheap, $300 Australian 2nd hand. Nice enough but certainly not making me think Fujifilm is fantastic and I'm still not convinced on X-trans.

So I have a personality that is about 180 degrees out from most of the mainstream population. Or to put it another way, people like me are maybe 10% of the population... So what I'm about to say some people will have a hard time processing.

You're right. I don't need a Google search. I had to see it for myself. And I did.

The key to understanding this is that I have found it is very much subject dependent. (Has nothing to do with Zack being paid by Fuji, has everything to do with the subject matter he shoots.) All the pros I mentioned don't shoot big landscapes with fine detail of foliage as an example. For that Fuji is pretty awful.

For weddings and portraits and street, no problem. For fine detail in landscapes, there are better choices...

I only discovered all this for myself in the past week or so. Remember, I have been using my Fuji's primarily for weddings, and my Pentax system for my landscape work. I have been thinking of transitioning over to Fuji for everything, but that aint gonna happen now.

You also said the EVF's let a lot of stray light in. That was diplomatic. they are almost unusable in bright sunlight and why I like the Xpro and X100 series with optical viewfinder options. Neither is even close to a DSLR in terms of outright usability though.

The AF is about as good as Pentax's.

So I apologize for saying you were wrong, when I was actually wrong.

Last edited by Qwntm; 07-16-2016 at 10:53 PM.