Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
ebay K1 deal, US $1,688.88
Posted By: w003txz, 07-10-2016, 08:19 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Pentax K 1 DSLR Camera Body 19568 USA New Today Only Special Pricing | eBay
Views: 1,816
07-10-2016, 11:46 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Appears to be at $1796 at the moment. Moved to price watch.

Edit: upon further research it looks like the $1688 units are used (i.e. no warranty).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-11-2016, 05:42 AM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Appears to be at $1796 at the moment. Moved to price watch.

Edit: upon further research it looks like the $1688 units are used (i.e. no warranty).
I have bought one. When I receive it I will update this thread. Personally I trust this selller's description. If no warranty I will return it.
07-11-2016, 01:47 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by w003txz Quote
I have bought one. When I receive it I will update this thread. Personally I trust this selller's description. If no warranty I will return it.
If the camera is new, per the seller's web site, the seller warrants it for a year if it's a grey market item (which it is). If it's used, they warrant it for up to 90 days, but there's no manufacturer's warranty.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-11-2016, 02:21 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
If the camera is new, per the seller's web site, the seller warrants it for a year if it's a grey market item (which it is). If it's used, they warrant it for up to 90 days, but there's no manufacturer's warranty.
Thank you Adam. I have sent the seller an email, here is his reply:

eBay
New message from: popflash.photo888 Top Rated Seller(13,330YellowShooting Star)
New, New and FULL One Year Pentax USA Warranty
Your previous message

Hi, I bought this item yesterday with $1688.88. I just want to double check if it has warranty and it's brand new. Thank you so much.
07-11-2016, 02:29 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Interesting. Based on what I know, Precision does not honor eBay receipts unless the item is sold by an authorized dealer. It might be a good idea to ask Ricoh if you're covered while you're within the return window.

Since the price is below MSRP, it's a grey market sale unless it was explicitly authorized by Pentax.

Adam

07-11-2016, 03:44 PM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
Interesting. Based on what I know, Precision does not honor eBay receipts unless the item is sold by an authorized dealer. It might be a good idea to ask Ricoh if you're covered while you're within the return window.

Since the price is below MSRP, it's a grey market sale unless it was explicitly authorized by Pentax.
Thank you Adam! I will verify it ASAP.

07-12-2016, 10:34 AM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster

The ebay seller is popflash photo, I checked online, it seems like it's an authorized dealer.
07-12-2016, 12:11 PM   #9
Pentaxian

yep, it's a used model at this price, apparently. https://www.popflash.com/pentax/
07-12-2016, 04:31 PM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
yep, it's a used model at this price, apparently. https://www.popflash.com/pentax/
Yesterday I asked the same question. But the seller replied the one on ebay is brand new with $1688.88 one day sell.
07-13-2016, 03:32 PM - 1 Like   #11
Forum Member

Original Poster

Adam, I received it. I took the first pic and uploaded to pentaxforum check-shutter-count-exif page, the answer is :
Camera PENTAX K-1
Manufature Date 2016:04:09
Shutter Count 1

So I think it should be brand new. And actually on the pentax K1's page of their website, they claim the price is negotiable. I think if somebody wants to buy K1, this seller might be a good choice.
07-13-2016, 04:51 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by w003txz Quote
Adam, I received it. I took the first pic and uploaded to pentaxforum check-shutter-count-exif page, the answer is :
Camera PENTAX K-1
Manufature Date 2016:04:09
Shutter Count 1

So I think it should be brand new. And actually on the pentax K1's page of their website, they claim the price is negotiable. I think if somebody wants to buy K1, this seller might be a good choice.
Nice!

Adam