Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
DFA 100mm Macro - Australia
Posted By: snpsht, 07-11-2016, 03:20 PM

Dcxpert has the last couple of the SMC version of DFA 100mm macro lens going for $699.

The SP version will be over $1,000 when Pentax gets it, according to their site.

Also still has one DA*200 for $1050 while it is listed as (No stock) $1599 on the Pentax Australia site.

Are we in for some price hikes over here?

dcxpert items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!
Views: 469
07-11-2016, 03:29 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Links?

But yes, it seems there aren't really any summer Pentax rebates around this year.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-11-2016, 04:08 PM   #3
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Links?

But yes, it seems there aren't really any summer Pentax rebates around this year.
Dcxpert has strong ties to the Australian Pentax distributor CR Kennedy.

Their store is this one: dcxpert items - Get great deals on items on eBay Stores!

Tas
07-11-2016, 04:40 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by snpsht Quote
The SP version will be over $1,000 when Pentax gets it, according to their site.
??

'SP version'
'their site'

The only 'SP version' macro around is a 90mm Tamron. I don't expect any 90mm Tamron to ever turn into a Pentax branded lens. Pentax already has two perfectly good, FF-compatible 100mm macros in the lineup.

07-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
??

'SP version'
'their site'

The only 'SP version' macro around is a 90mm Tamron. I don't expect any 90mm Tamron to ever turn into a Pentax branded lens. Pentax already has two perfectly good, FF-compatible 100mm macros in the lineup.
From the Pentax Australia site:

" The smc PENTAX-D FA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR lens is designed for digital and film SLR cameras. It utilizes curvature and positioning of optical elements to virtually eliminate flare and ghosting for clear, high-quality images. Achieving life-size (1:1) magnification, it features our acclaimed multi-layer coating to lower surface reflection, reduce ultraviolet rays, and deliver clear, high-contrast images. PENTAX SP (Super Protect) coating keeps the elements at bay, while the Quick-Shift Focus System allows for instant switching from auto to manual focus. The aluminum construction with weather resistant seals offers excellent reliability in damp, inclement conditions."

Looks like my mistake...it is the SMC, and the only difference I could find was the SP...which on closer read looks like it has more to do with weather. The SP wasn't referred to on the dcxpert site. Could be the identical lens.
07-11-2016, 08:09 PM   #6
Pentaxian

DCxpert uses the term "last one" from time to time..... I take it to mean "they" had "x" and now have one in stock. I bought their last FA 31 a year or two ago.... haha
07-11-2016, 08:18 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by snpsht Quote
From the Pentax Australia site:
Aha. Sorry. My confusion related to the fact that Tamron have recently released a new 'SP 90mm F/2.8 MACRO VC' lens which is the only macro with SP in the name I knew about. I thought you may have been referring to that lens.

BTW, while the smc PENTAX-D FA Macro 100mm F2.8 WR on dcexpert is a good deal, Teds also have it listed for the same price.