Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Camera Lane Melbourne, Pentax PH-RBK 77mm Hood, $49
Posted By: tromboads, 08-04-2016, 02:27 AM

And that was them ordering one in for me.

I very nearly bought one from BnH (sorry BnH) but the thought of shipping that from the states seemed a great waste of global resources for a simple hood.

They confirmed the supplier in Aus had some in stock, 2 days later it's ready for me to collect.

Anyway, my experience has been that none of the retail chains care to stock anything Pentax related and kind of look awkward when you ask after them. This little shop took the initiative, and blimey, even asked what kinda of Pentax was I using.

This is my new camera shop.

Camera Lane Online Store: Cameras, Lenses, Demo & Used Equipment, Flash Guns, Accessories
Views: 1,004
08-04-2016, 04:10 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Venus does a good job down there, very friendly and helpful, bought my Billingham from them.
08-04-2016, 05:25 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That little shop sold me two lenses earlier this year, and if I'd been a little bolder and quicker off the mark it might have sold me a third (somebody else got there first, LOL). They also immediately and without question refunded my money and took back the merchandise when I identified and demonstrated a problem pretty much straight out the door with a fourth. They're champs; I'd recommend them any day.
08-04-2016, 06:26 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Yeah its a good kind of dangerous shop being at that end of town too.

I'll just walk up the street to Brioche By Philip and get a cake.. maybe a coffee round the corner too.. Oh well. Since I'm at this part of the town might as well stop in and have a look at the camera shop.. Oh a window out the front! gasps!

Yes they are good!

MELBOURNE PEOPLE! Go there! (if you haven't :P)

08-04-2016, 08:30 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I was there in March, the window was full of manual-focus K-mount lenses. My ME got all deliriously excited. I don't know if the same is true now, but it was glorious to see when I was there.

Anyone know if there's somewhere similar in Sydney? My conference has upped and moved cities just when I'd found THE BEST camera store and THE BEST sushi place.