Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax K-1 listed at 2389 CAD
Posted By: normhead, 08-13-2016, 06:18 AM

Aden Camera claims to have K-1s in stock, at 110.99 off the MSRP. Both the first time I've seen it lasted in Canada, and the first time I've seen it discounted in Canada.

Warning, I have had issues with Aden camera saying they had an item in stock, only to tell me two weeks later they were unable to obtain the ordered item. I'm not sure "in stock" means to them what it means to everyone else. I think "in stock" to them means, they phone the Pentax warehouse and if Pentax says they have one, it's "in stock", like "in stock at the Pentax warehouse.", not in stock at Aden Camera.. If they then order it and Pentax's warehouse computer is inaccurate then you're out of luck.

If I wanted to look at this camera today. I'd phone, ask where I could go to see it and insist they put it aside for me until I get there.

Last edited by normhead; 08-13-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Views: 1,184
08-13-2016, 09:40 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is exactly (well 2380+tx) what I paid at our local shop in May... so ask your local shop first...
08-13-2016, 01:33 PM   #3

QuoteOriginally posted by Weevil Quote
This is exactly (well 2380+tx) what I paid at our local shop in May... so ask your local shop first...
You can save the provincial tax though, so that's $250 less for us Quebec residents.
08-23-2016, 10:00 AM   #4
Pentaxian

It's still, sadly, a better deal to purchase it from B&H. I paid 2300$ CAD including shipping and fees, all included.

08-23-2016, 10:48 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
It's still, sadly, a better deal to purchase it from B&H. I paid 2300$ CAD including shipping and fees, all included.
...but only got the 1 year U.S. warranty instead of the 2 year Canadian warranty...and you would have to ship it back to the U.S. for any warranty claim.

---------- Post added 23rd Aug 2016 at 15:22 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I think "in stock" to them means, they phone the Pentax warehouse and if Pentax says they have one, it's "in stock", like "in stock at the Pentax warehouse.", not in stock at Aden Camera.
That's exactly what "in stock" means when dealing with high-end Pentax products in Canada. Most retailers won't stock the K-1 because they're afraid they won't be able to sell it and be stuck with it for a few years, then have to sell it at below their cost when the newer model comes out.
08-23-2016, 10:50 PM   #6

Same price now at Camera Canada: Camera Canada :: Pentax :: K-1 36.4MP Full Frame DSLR BLACK BODY
08-24-2016, 05:02 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
but only got the 1 year U.S. warranty instead of the 2 year Canadian warranty
So the 2nd year of warranty costs 110$ CAD if you purchase it without paying provincial taxes, or 350$ if you pay Quebec's provincial tax.

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
and you would have to ship it back to the U.S. for any warranty claim
you can have it repaired in Canada for a small feee, or, indeed, ship it to the US for about the same shipping cost as in Canada..