Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
Pentax K-1 under $1500 on Amazon.de
Posted By: debakarma, 09-11-2016, 11:24 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Is this for real? Or is this grey market?
For once are European getting a better deal?

Pentax K-1 digitale 35 mm Vollformat: Amazon.de: Kamera
Views: 2,001
09-11-2016, 11:58 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like grey market of course- but nice deal!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-12-2016, 12:04 AM   #3
Pentaxian

This is not even "grey" market. The "dealer" refers to a junk mail address.
I once checked such an offer and Amazon warned my against using that route as it circumvents all buyer protection mechanisms.
09-12-2016, 12:16 AM   #4
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree, this looks very suspicious to me. There have been many instances where unscrupulous sellers bypass Amazon Payments at the payment stage, so the transaction doesn't actually occur through Amazon or with their protection. Then, when your goods don't arrive and you contact Amazon, you're on your own...

09-12-2016, 12:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
My impression is Amazon has more stricter controls for sellers than ebay. According to German law, the seller must give the details (see below). The seller info on Amazon shows the following:

Schuhhaus Heinrich Huls OHG
Bahnhofstr.22, 48607 Ochtrup

NOTE: Company Incorporation in Germany
"OHG" or General partnership, not the usual GmbH which means Limited Liability Company.

Vertretungsberechtigte Gesellschafter (Authorised representatives):
Christoph Lange, Heinz-Peter Lange
Tel.: 02553-9776484; Fax: 02553-9736873; E-Mail: info@belvero.de

Volksbank Ochtrup, Kto.-Nr.247 900 BLZ 401 646 18
BIC - GENODEM1OTR
IBAN - DE21401646180000247900

Handelsregisternr.: HRA 1352; (trade registration number)
Amtsgericht: AG Steinfurt;
Ust.-ID.Nr.: DE 124 380 565
09-12-2016, 12:43 AM   #6
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Just for kicks, I thought I'd see what happened when purchasing one from this seller. When I add it to my basket, I get the following message (translated from German):

Unfortunately, the article Pentax 's K - 1 digital 35 mm full-frame SLR camera is no longer available from the provider you have chosen. Please click here to return to the product page and choose another provider.

Maybe that's because I'm in the UK, but I don't think so, as I could have bought it and had it delivered to a German address...

The seller's name is "★★★ orders and all information - Contact us : r_____________a.com★★★", which suggests to me that they're trying to get potential buyers to contact them via that e-mail address to order...
09-12-2016, 01:56 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by debakarma Quote
My impression is Amazon has more stricter controls for sellers than ebay. According to German law, the seller must give the details (see below). The seller info on Amazon shows the following:
Yes and that is a footwear/shoe dealer. One might wonder if local footwear shops do sell DSLRs usually...
Combine this with the fact that the email address given is not anywhere near the email address of the (shoe) shop.

09-12-2016, 06:11 AM   #8
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Just for kicks, I thought I'd see what happened when purchasing one from this seller. When I add it to my basket, I get the following message (translated from German):

Unfortunately, the article Pentax 's K - 1 digital 35 mm full-frame SLR camera is no longer available from the provider you have chosen. Please click here to return to the product page and choose another provider.

Maybe that's because I'm in the UK, but I don't think so, as I could have bought it and had it delivered to a German address...

The seller's name is "★★★ orders and all information - Contact us : r_____________a.com★★★", which suggests to me that they're trying to get potential buyers to contact them via that e-mail address to order...
I've seen a few of these listings for dirt cheap Pentax products while perusing the US side of Amazon too. the seller name says to email them before ordering. Super shady.. proceed only if you enjoy potentially losing lots of money..
09-14-2016, 11:28 AM - 3 Likes   #9

Photos: Albums
DO NOT buy or contact these sellers. This is most definitely a scam.

Amazon, in particular Amazon.de, has a huge problem with cracked accounts. These accounts are used to advertise thousands of products, all well-below the current retail price. In each of the offers, customers are advised to contact the "seller" via email. The seller will then send out a fake Amazon email with payment information asking you to pay via bank transfer. But if you do, you will not get a product.

Currently, there are so many of these cracked accounts that Amazon.de is almost unusable. I used to check the market place for a second hand FA31 Ltd, and there are almost always market place entries - currently for as low as €250! But almost all of them are fake. I don't know why Amazon isn't doing anything about these accounts. Just some bulk product advertisement filter would do. However, instead the Marketplace is flooded with fake offers.

If you speak German, you can read more about the scam at Heise.de.

---------- Post added Sep 14th, 2016 at 11:36 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by debakarma Quote
Schuhhaus Heinrich Huls OHG
Bahnhofstr.22, 48607 Ochtrup
These are generally accounts of real companies - but they have been cracked and the crackers are selling all these fake products.

Apart from buyers, the original owners of these accounts are also victims of the scam since they have their accounts ruined by the scammers.
09-14-2016, 01:38 PM   #10
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

^^^ Thanks for posting this. It's as we thought, but good to have confirmation. What a bad state of affairs... I wonder how many people get sucked in and lose their money?
09-17-2016, 03:59 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Scammers are at it again. This time they hacked the account of a pharmacy.

As Antipattern already said, DO NOT BUY.
11-26-2016, 09:04 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote

I put in my basket to buy,then it was moved & price went back to €2000,either seller messed up or big scam..he is reg in UK if you look deeper...