Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
15% off Pentax gear at KEH
Posted By: Another dyemention, 09-13-2016, 10:17 AM

https://www.keh.com/shop/pentax.html?dir=desc&order=price&ut...69326066468352

There are some pretty good prices on some lenses at KEH.
Views: 1,036
09-13-2016, 11:11 AM   #2
Junior Member




Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Colorado
Posts: 45
Pretty decent prices for the DA* 50-135 ~$424.15
09-13-2016, 12:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 410
Original Poster
Oh. And you have to use the code "pentaxtic" at checkout for the discount.
09-13-2016, 01:09 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: N. Calif
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,535
As usual with KEH, they have jacked up the prices and are now offering discounts

09-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #5
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 118
QuoteOriginally posted by manishved Quote
As usual with KEH, they have jacked up the prices and are now offering discounts
I don't think that happened this time. I cruise the site in the mornings looking for new additions, and everything I remember specific prices of has stayed put. But someone walked off with that $619 FA*300 f/4.5 for $526... grrrr beat me to it.
09-13-2016, 02:31 PM   #6
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 466
Thanks for the heads up! I got a nice lens I have been looking for for a really good price, cheaper than any currently on the marketplace or fleabay
09-13-2016, 02:42 PM   #7
Site Supporter
jab2980's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 222
$312 for an Ex condition 30mm 2.8, $288 for a 85 2.0, and a whopping $101 for a M 28 3.5.... and those are all after the discount. I'd say the 30 and 85 are still about $30 high and the M 28 is about $55 too high.
09-13-2016, 04:21 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
digitalandfilm's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 58
The lens Hoods I needed are in the mail..

09-13-2016, 07:19 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Stratford, CT
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 652
Re: that FA*300, I bought and returned a bargain-graded copy of that lens from KEH a few months ago and returned it because it was grinding and displaying odd focus behavior. A similar graded copy showed up for the same price a few weeks later and was purchased. Now this one shows up with the same grade and price. I don't know if it's the same lens or not, but if someone here bought it, make sure you put it through its paces during the return period.
09-13-2016, 07:30 PM   #10
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 118
QuoteOriginally posted by DennisH Quote
I don't know if it's the same lens or not, but if someone here bought it, make sure you put it through its paces during the return period.
That's really good to know (and sort of a relief for me). Thanks so much for sharing. Hopefully it opens the buyer's eyes up wider than the afterglow of getting FA* quality glass at huge savings.

I know the Bargain KEH condition is supposed to indicate that imperfections won't affect IQ... I wonder if the same suggestion is true for lens function too. Hypothetical question in an otherwise-irrelevant thread.

Thanks again DennisH!
09-14-2016, 03:24 PM   #11
Site Supporter




Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Colorado Front Range
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 177
QuoteOriginally posted by DennisH Quote
Re: that FA*300, I bought and returned a bargain-graded copy of that lens from KEH a few months ago and returned it because it was grinding and displaying odd focus behavior. A similar graded copy showed up for the same price a few weeks later and was purchased. Now this one shows up with the same grade and price. I don't know if it's the same lens or not, but if someone here bought it, make sure you put it through its paces during the return period.
I think I owned that silver FA* too, briefly. The night the K-1 was announced, I tried to snag all the most desirable used lenses from the usual used sources. I actually had two 300 lenses, the FA* and the DA*. A quick test on my K5IIs showed me that the FA* suffered from much more flare, so I sent that one back. It worked well enough, but the DA* was on a whole other level of goodness.

---------- Post added 09-14-16 at 04:25 PM ----------

Overall, KEH has a pretty paltry assortment of K-mount lenses. Has the Great FF Lens Shortage really begun?
09-14-2016, 03:58 PM   #12
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 118
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatridger Quote
Overall, KEH has a pretty paltry assortment of K-mount lenses. Has the Great FF Lens Shortage really begun?
So whoever bought that FA* should get it STD-tested, if it's been around PF that much? Haha.

This isn't the dregs of the shortage. I browse KEH weekly and sometimes daily looking for can't-miss deals. In January and before, it wasn't unusual if they had 150-200 lenses pop up under all the K-mounts. The worst of the FF drought for KEH was June, where there were sometimes less than 40 lenses available. They were back to 115 yesterday, 90 right now with the 15% off discount.

As predicted, selection and price for APS-C lenses is quite optimal right now for KEH and B&H/Adorama used. What's unpredicted though, is the rare vintage glass that's popped up. I had never seen a Pentax K 15mm before March. Then 2 showed up on B&H. And KEH has at least 1. There's been a handful of K 50 f/1.2's that go pretty quick. So I wasn't expecting the rare/vintage market to be as active as it is. That being said, their A 50 f/1.2 ain't gonna budge soon at the $650 it's listed for.
09-17-2016, 04:59 AM   #13
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 676
I noticed this as well, and a lot of the rare / vintage stuff showing up on fleabay from japan lately. All I can figure is that some collectors have decided they will never get a better price than now, and /or some are trying to finance some of the new DFA pricey lenses by selling off their treasures.
Eric


QuoteOriginally posted by disasterfilm Quote
So whoever bought that FA* should get it STD-tested, if it's been around PF that much? Haha.

This isn't the dregs of the shortage. I browse KEH weekly and sometimes daily looking for can't-miss deals. In January and before, it wasn't unusual if they had 150-200 lenses pop up under all the K-mounts. The worst of the FF drought for KEH was June, where there were sometimes less than 40 lenses available. They were back to 115 yesterday, 90 right now with the 15% off discount.

As predicted, selection and price for APS-C lenses is quite optimal right now for KEH and B&H/Adorama used. What's unpredicted though, is the rare vintage glass that's popped up. I had never seen a Pentax K 15mm before March. Then 2 showed up on B&H. And KEH has at least 1. There's been a handful of K 50 f/1.2's that go pretty quick. So I wasn't expecting the rare/vintage market to be as active as it is. That being said, their A 50 f/1.2 ain't gonna budge soon at the $650 it's listed for.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, copy, coupon, da*, fa*, keh, lens, lenses, pentax, pentax deals, pentax gear, price, savings
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 Days Only: Up to 25% Off Pentax Camera Gear at KEH TomTom Pentax Price Watch 13 06-01-2016 07:44 AM
10-20% off Pentax gear at KEH amp Pentax Price Watch 6 03-16-2016 06:25 AM
Pentax sale at KEH - 15% off! 6BQ5 Pentax Price Watch 28 02-26-2015 10:01 AM
15% off film gear at KEH 6BQ5 Pentax Price Watch 1 11-24-2014 08:51 AM
KEH 10% off on Pentax gear. 6BQ5 Pentax Price Watch 29 11-22-2014 02:42 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:27 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top