Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
KEH - 15% all used Pentax gear, 12-4pm EST
Posted By: Groucho, 10-06-2016, 05:23 AM

Just got an email from KEH, 15% off everything Pentax with promo code "PentaxDeal". I already bought their only K-1 a few days ago (should arrive today!) and there's no other DSLRs in stock, and the lens selection is not particularly good right now, but may be worth a look.
Views: 596
10-06-2016, 09:09 AM   #2
Site Supporter

They have a K-R, a K-5, a K20 and a K10, though it seems like you have to search for them as opposed to browsing for them. Searching for "Pentax camera" is how I found them.
10-06-2016, 09:21 AM   #3
Site Supporter

The DA*60-250 for $550 (OTD) would be the lowest I've seen for that lens on the secondhand market.
Same goes with the "BGN" FA50 f/1.4 for $122 OTD.
10-06-2016, 11:56 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Interesting - it looks like they can be a little careless with their organization. When I got the K-1, it was listed at 34mp and "no" for gps, wifi, and there were probably some other errors - I have a copy of the description but not in front of me.

I didn't (and don't) see a 60-250! (edit: now I see it, by manually searching for it. It doesn't show if you view all k-mount lenses.) They do seem to have some lenses listed that weren't there this morning.

They have an Adaptall KA adapter for $50 - that's pretty cheap last time I checked. A Sigma 28-70mm F2.8 for $194 seems decent, but I'm holding out for a Tamron - I liked the one I had before selling it and buying the DA* 16-50. An M42 SMC Tak 85mm F1.9 for $339 catches my eye, too, but I haven't looked in a long time so I don't know if that's still a decent price.

Are K1000s really going for $45-159?!? That can't be realistic. I've got, I think, 5 of 'em now... I need to figure out what I don't need that's actually still worth something!

10-06-2016, 01:28 PM   #5
Site Supporter

K-1000s are relatively expensive, based on auction prices I have seen. Other more modern Pentax cameras, in comparison, are not as in demand.

---------- Post added 10-06-16 at 01:29 PM ----------

I have seen this specifically on shopgoodwill.com recently.
10-06-2016, 01:47 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
K-1000s are relatively expensive, based on auction prices I have seen. Other more modern Pentax cameras, in comparison, are not as in demand.

---------- Post added 10-06-16 at 01:29 PM ----------

I have seen this specifically on shopgoodwill.com recently.
Well, I'm sure it's sentimentality. I know that I never plan to give up my original K1000 that I bought new 30-some years ago. But my others I could let go. There's no shortage of 'em on Craigslist... I have several since I'd buy 'em there for the lens, but I reached saturation a few years ago on lenses so I rarely go after them any more.
10-06-2016, 06:30 PM   #7

Thanks for the information about doing a search for what you want. Have been following the site for a few days looking for a lens and did not find it until I did a search. Oh well there goes another purchase.
10-06-2016, 08:00 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I hope they ship your lens better than than my camera. When I ordered it Monday morning, the salesman mentioned that it will need a signature and suggested that I get it delivered elsewhere if no one would available to sign for it. I said fine, ship it to my workplace, and it would arrive today. I was supposed to get an email confirmation and a shipping email later that day; I got neither but didn't think much of it as I saw a pending credit card charge for the amount. So I'm waiting today all excited for the new camera, nothing shows. I call at 4:30 and surprise surprise, I find that it was on hold because they didn't want to ship an expensive camera to an alternate address for a first-time customer. So it hasn't even shipped.

So, KEH, 1. thanks for suggesting that, and 2. thanks for telling me that hadn't shipped yet. I said fine, just send it to my house and if no one's home, I'll grab it from the warehouse. Whatever. Just SHIP the damn thing! I'm still waiting to find out for sure that it's been shipped. It'd be nice if they upgraded the shipping speed but I'm not holding my breath!