Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  
PK lens caps
Posted By: marcusBMG, 10-10-2016, 04:58 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

These are comfortably the cheapest I could find. Quality is fine.

5PCS Rear Lens Cap Cover Cap for Pentax PK K20D K10D K200D K100 K7 | eBay
Views: 4,290
11-02-2016, 06:36 PM - 1 Like   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
I have just taken receipt of these

3 x Rear Lens Cap+ 1x Front body cap for Pentax K mount PK Auto Focus Lens | eBay

and they are awesome! Nearly identical to the genuine cap.
Awesome. Can't tell if they are knock offs.

11-22-2016, 06:33 PM   #17
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I purchased mine on October 28th and they arrived today - they seem to be a direct-knock-off of Pentax caps, down the 'JAPAN' on the cap... they fit perfectly on my lenses....
11-25-2016, 11:24 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
I bought some that are counterfeits of the genuine Pentax rear caps that cover the contacts. They even say PENTAX Japan on them. Right. They fit more snugly than the originals which is a plus and a minus - should they not be locked on (bayonet twist) they don't fall off. On the minus side it is difficult to remove them one handed. Comparing them closely there are minor differences in the surface detail (texture) and position and design of the mold ejectors.
I have some of these as well, and I was wondering if the extra snugness could possibly deform the bayonet mount and affect the fit and/or focus?
11-25-2016, 05:23 PM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
I have some of these as well, and I was wondering if the extra snugness could possibly deform the bayonet mount and affect the fit and/or focus?
I doubt it since Pentax went to using snap on caps. Granted a more flexible plastic is used there is still some flexibility in the plastic used on the twist on caps.

11-26-2016, 04:08 PM   #20
Forum Member

I also received five caps this weeks. They are a bit softer then the original Pentax ones, but I don't see why they shouldn't be good enough. I'm happy with them.
01-04-2017, 12:32 AM   #21
Pentaxian

I've noticed that the extra snug caps have had some black plastic filings wearing off them. Not sure if that is so great, as they could fall in the camera or lens.
01-04-2017, 12:32 AM   #22
Pentaxian

I've noticed that the extra snug caps have had some black plastic filings wearing off them. Not sure if that is so great, as they could fall in the camera or lens.

01-04-2017, 07:16 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by leekil Quote
My snap on cap I got with the k50s kitlens does that too. If you're bothered about them I'd tear the shavings off regularly by hand/with a small file.
01-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Screw and unscrew them with the lens mount side down and store lenses that way too. Less chance of getting the debris into the lens in general. I also mount and un mount them on the camera body by holding the camera facing down. It should help theoretically.
01-04-2017, 01:00 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
(free P/P <- don't know what that means). So it smells fishy to me. Also 5 for that price and free shipping (assuming P/P is FS)
Free P/P = Free post and packing (no shipping charges).
06-28-2017, 01:00 PM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Just ordered some more of these PK lrear lens caps from seller shanghai.vzu. They are still the cheapest I can find - 5 for £1.89
12-27-2018, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
These good deals are still available from more than one seller - search for

5PCS Rear Lens Cap Cover Cap for Pentax PK...

Prices were around £2 or slightly less. Sellers I noted include bea1uty0club ,time.ing, kellylogline10