Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
PK lens caps
Posted By: marcusBMG, 10-10-2016, 04:58 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

These are comfortably the cheapest I could find. Quality is fine.

5PCS Rear Lens Cap Cover Cap for Pentax PK K20D K10D K200D K100 K7 | eBay
Views: 4,290
10-10-2016, 05:22 AM - 1 Like   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
never have enough of these - do they cover the contacts on the back of the lens or are these the 'narrow' caps?
10-10-2016, 05:57 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
never have enough of these - do they cover the contacts on the back of the lens or are these the 'narrow' caps?

Certainly looks like they will cover the contacts......so I have ordered 5off. Many thanks for pointing them out!!!!
10-10-2016, 08:59 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In case people in US who want to buy in USD. Comes from China so it may take a month to arrive but looks like a very good deal. And yes they are premium lens caps that come with more expensive lenses and do cover the contacts. I have ordered them before just to replace the crappy ones and I guess I might order this nice set of 10.

10pcs Rear Camera Lens Cap Cover for Pentax K PK Mount Lens Replacement | eBay

10-10-2016, 03:20 PM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
In case people in US who want to buy in USD. Comes from China so it may take a month to arrive but looks like a very good deal. And yes they are premium lens caps that come with more expensive lenses and do cover the contacts. I have ordered them before just to replace the crappy ones and I guess I might order this nice set of 10.

10pcs Rear Camera Lens Cap Cover for Pentax K PK Mount Lens Replacement | eBay
Is there a difference between the caps?

If not, the 5 deal is a better price.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

radman
10-10-2016, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Possibly not. Its the same design with may be different letter markings/decorations (P, PK, fractal design) on the outside. They are not the press-fit kinds. They lock onto the lens when turned like a lid. Almost no chance for them to fall of easily.

The thing with 5pcs deal is that. .. it is sold in GBP and dispatches from china free P/P (free P/P <- don't know what that means). So it smells fishy to me. Also 5 for that price and free shipping (assuming P/P is FS) only adds to my suspicion as they usually go for $0.75 a pop.
10-10-2016, 07:09 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Loyal Site Supportaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have found these to be an excellent fit and well made. These are also the bayonet type, (not the push-on type.) These fit better than the others I've bought.
1pcs Rear Lens Caps Cover Black Plastic Round for Pentax PK 18 55mm 55 300M 40mm | eBay

10-11-2016, 02:32 PM   #8
Forum Member

I "liked" your posts above...thanks for the recommendations on caps.

Sincerely,

radman
10-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #9

I bought some that are counterfeits of the genuine Pentax rear caps that cover the contacts. They even say PENTAX Japan on them. Right. They fit more snugly than the originals which is a plus and a minus - should they not be locked on (bayonet twist) they don't fall off. On the minus side it is difficult to remove them one handed. Comparing them closely there are minor differences in the surface detail (texture) and position and design of the mold ejectors.
10-12-2016, 03:55 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by jbondo Quote
I have found these to be an excellent fit and well made. These are also the bayonet type, (not the push-on type.) These fit better than the others I've bought.
1pcs Rear Lens Caps Cover Black Plastic Round for Pentax PK 18 55mm 55 300M 40mm | eBay
I bought these but they DON'T cover the contacts....
10-12-2016, 04:11 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supportaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ybo1 Quote
I bought these but they DON'T cover the contacts....
You are correct. These are the narrow style and do not cover the contacts.
10-20-2016, 04:30 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here the the ones I received in the 10 pack I order from eBay. I love them.
The are alike in dimensions and form. Except the print. Pentax and PK. Yes they do close the contacts as seen in the pictures.
Pic 1: Original, one from this set and one that came with my DA-18-55. (in the back)
Pic 2: Original and one from this set side by side.
Pic 3: Original and one from this set side by side (inside view).
Pic 4, 5: Open and closed position showing contacts covered just like the original cap.
Pic 6: Another dimension showing they are almost similar. Top cap is the original.

Last edited by shardulm; 11-14-2016 at 01:07 PM.
10-27-2016, 04:31 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Wish I had seen this sooner but I recently picked up a Fotodiox cap from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003Y2WUIQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I only needed one and it shipped from within the U.S., so I went with it.

The quality seems fine and it threads onto my DA 18-135 and 35mm lenses perfectly, and covers the contact pins. Just wanted to share another option, albeit more expensive.
10-27-2016, 05:09 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
These are comfortably the cheapest I could find. Quality is fine.

5PCS Rear Lens Cap Cover Cap for Pentax PK K20D K10D K200D K100 K7 | eBay
Thanks Marcus, that's a great deal. I've bought many aftermarket caps since so many used lenses are missing them, and some of the new ones have the push on style. You can never have too many.

Last edited by ramseybuckeye; 10-27-2016 at 05:15 PM.
10-28-2016, 03:53 AM   #15
Veteran Member

I have just taken receipt of these

3 x Rear Lens Cap+ 1x Front body cap for Pentax K mount PK Auto Focus Lens | eBay

and they are awesome! Nearly identical to the genuine cap.