Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Digidirect(AUS) 10% off storewide and online
Posted By: elpolodiablo, 10-12-2016, 05:30 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Alright granted they used to be THE place to check price for Pentax gear locally, but these days prices are just ridiculous, but if you are after mirrorless or compact camera their price are still ok.
Views: 1,091
10-12-2016, 06:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Some supplemental info:

QuoteQuote:
10% OFF AT ALL STORES AND ONLINE
Ends Sunday Oct 16th at 11:59 PM
Join us in celebrating the opening of our first West Australian store in Cannington!
And they are offering 20% off memory cards, 20% off filters, some extra savings on some drones etc.

digiDIRECT cameras & imaging Everything photographic & more

QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
these days prices are just ridiculous
True. Some big jumps happened recently, particularly for lenses.
10-12-2016, 03:43 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Wow, those prices are so bad even 10% off still keeps them in the hideously over-priced category.
10-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by krazykat Quote
Wow, those prices are so bad even 10% off still keeps them in the hideously over-priced category.
Prices for some of the lenses are comparable to DCXpert. I'm tempted by the 100mm macro - what's their service like?

Edit: just looked on productreview - looks like they might be best avoided

10-12-2016, 10:35 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
Prices for some of the lenses are comparable to DCXpert. I'm tempted by the 100mm macro - what's their service like?

Edit: just looked on productreview - looks like they might be best avoided

Ted's have the 100mm macro for $699 without any special and they're a bricks and mortar store.
10-13-2016, 02:27 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krazykat Quote
and they're a bricks and mortar store
So is Digidirect - they have 7 stores in NSW, VIC, QLD, WA. None in SA or Tas though.

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
just looked on productreview - looks like they might be best avoided
My 2c worth is that they are OK. Over the last 3 or 4 years I've bought online and in-store from them and haven't had problems. Even stuff like a defective lens return was handled with a minimum of hassle. They also have an eBay store that has good feedback. YMMV, FWIW etc.
10-13-2016, 03:17 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Well I've bought quite a few things from DigiDirect King Street store over the years including the K-1 I bought from the launch event they co-host with CRK, haven't had any issue. And yes they are a local brick and mortar store selling gear with local warranty. But since the price hike I've vote with my wallet and got my DFA* from another local brick and mortar store.

10-13-2016, 04:17 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Some of those prices are far too high!

As others have said, better have a look at Ted's and/or dcxpert.