Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread

Any Lightroom (standalone) deals?
Posted By: mee, 11-24-2016, 05:08 PM

I'm not seeing anyone with upcoming discounts on Lightroom... BH Adorama Amazon.. all keeping quiet thus far (as far as I can tell). Anyone have any info? Usually they tell in advance and are up on lightning sale at Amazon for a very, very brief amount of time. However, I'm not seeing it listed there either.

Last edited by mee; 11-24-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Views: 2,523
11-25-2016, 10:27 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Why do you think that is? Wait for Cyber Monday?
That, and to get people to buy different things.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-26-2016, 08:49 PM   #17
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
So far this whole BF has been rather lousy imo. Amazon especially (not just with photo gear but in general) has been really awful with the deals. That is, unless you wanted one of their own devices, a video game system, or a TV. Buydig through ebay has had some nice offers on lenses but only for Canon, Nikon, and/or Sony. Nikon direct has nice deals on refurb camera bodies (including a 1250 dollar D750). I still see no significant sales on Pentax yet.

After the months of waiting, I ended up not buying anything at all. doh! I'd be surprised if they kept all the nice deals until Monday..

Heres to CP+ and what Ricoh show in the late Winter / early Spring.. (next 6 months)

My camera tends to hibernate in the winter (it told me it doesn't like being out in the cold so much, so I don't make it go out hehehe) .
11-30-2016, 05:51 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lightbox Quote
Is there, with Adobe CC, an easy way to pause a membership (as in, not having to call and talk to somebody or jump through hoops)?

I ask because there are entire months at a time where I may not use the software. That's the main reason I avoid subscriptions.
In the middle of a subscription, they will hammer you with a cancellation fee. You have to be careful because they have a stealth auto renewal system.
11-30-2016, 05:59 PM   #19
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
In the middle of a subscription, they will hammer you with a cancellation fee. You have to be careful because they have a stealth auto renewal system.
Right.. I don't think it is really a subscription, not in the sense that you can start/stop it. Rather it is a year long CONTRACT. One simply pays monthly (or lump sum for 12 months of service).

11-30-2016, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ouch. I think Adobe would have less pushback over its subscription services if they weren't so rigid.
12-01-2016, 06:18 AM   #21
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Ouch. I think Adobe would have less pushback over its subscription services if they weren't so rigid.
I agree with you. I waited until this November and canceled because I went around and around with them in March. What makes me mad is that when I started with the CC 3 years ago, their install process deactivated my CS3 and I can't find my invoice and code. I have CS6 Portable and am using that for now.
12-01-2016, 07:44 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
I agree with you. I waited until this November and canceled because I went around and around with them in March. What makes me mad is that when I started with the CC 3 years ago, their install process deactivated my CS3 and I can't find my invoice and code. I have CS6 Portable and am using that for now.
Their software is very touchy. I have LR standalone and did not think that I needed to deactivate it before I upgraded my computer. I went from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and then suddenly I found myself unable to use Lightroom because it was still active on a copy of Windows that no longer existed!

That one took a while to sort out with online support.

*Edit: I'm not sure if the activation was tied to Windows or to my hardware, because I upgraded both at the same time.

Last edited by lightbox; 12-01-2016 at 08:01 AM.
12-05-2016, 08:43 AM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lightbox Quote
Their software is very touchy. I have LR standalone and did not think that I needed to deactivate it before I upgraded my computer. I went from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and then suddenly I found myself unable to use Lightroom because it was still active on a copy of Windows that no longer existed!

That one took a while to sort out with online support.
Ugh, I just went through this myself two days ago. I don't know why Adobe has such unfriendly software. Other companies seem to manage the activation/deactivation process perfectly well online. I spent about 30 minutes on Saturday waiting in their chat system, and about every five minutes it would tell me something like 'your estimated wait time is "1" minute.' One minute every time. I think the "1" was in scare quotes because they didn't know and didn't care.

On the bright side, once I actually reached a support person they took care of it in less than five minutes.