Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Any Lightroom (standalone) deals?
Posted By: mee, 11-24-2016, 05:08 PM

I'm not seeing anyone with upcoming discounts on Lightroom... BH Adorama Amazon.. all keeping quiet thus far (as far as I can tell). Anyone have any info? Usually they tell in advance and are up on lightning sale at Amazon for a very, very brief amount of time. However, I'm not seeing it listed there either.

Last edited by mee; 11-24-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Views: 2,516
11-24-2016, 05:15 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the stores are holding off on the really juicy stuff.

That said, the $8/month CC deal will probably beat out anything you can get on standalone LR...but I hope they prove me wrong!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-24-2016, 05:27 PM   #3
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I was hoping to avoid mention of CC altogether.. just looking for standalone.
11-25-2016, 12:16 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Don't expect any deals on new copies. In my experience, software tends to run on razor thin margins for distributors, and Adobe has no interest in pushing LR6.

11-25-2016, 10:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Is there, with Adobe CC, an easy way to pause a membership (as in, not having to call and talk to somebody or jump through hoops)?

I ask because there are entire months at a time where I may not use the software. That's the main reason I avoid subscriptions.
11-25-2016, 10:54 AM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lightbox Quote
Is there, with Adobe CC, an easy way to pause a membership (as in, not having to call and talk to somebody or jump through hoops)?

I ask because there are entire months at a time where I may not use the software. That's the main reason I avoid subscriptions.
So, I looked around and the answer is 'yes and no'. There's no giant pause button. You do have to contact them, but only if you purchased your membership from somewhere else. If you bought directly, you can cancel online. Honestly, if you really go months without using it, then you may be able to get away with downloading the trials, which get reset every time there's an update and sometimes more frequently.
11-25-2016, 11:14 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Do you already have Lightroom 1-5? $79 upgrades to 6 standalone are still available.

Last edited by jlstrawman; 11-25-2016 at 11:23 AM.
11-25-2016, 11:31 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jlstrawman Quote
Do you already have Lightroom 1-5? $79 upgrades to 6 standalone are still available.
I have Lightroom 5 but I never knew about this. I would really like to the upgrade. I have no real major use for Photoshop.
11-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I think the stores are holding off on the really juicy stuff.
Why do you think that is? Wait for Cyber Monday?
11-25-2016, 05:00 PM   #10
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
I have Lightroom 5 but I never knew about this. I would really like to the upgrade. I have no real major use for Photoshop.

Yes you can get the upgrade directly through Adobe.com but you have to do some hoop jumping to see it as they try to direct you to subscribe to their rental CC service. If you get to the order page (for the software not the CC), you can select a drop down from 'Full' to 'Upgrade' and the price will drop to around 80.

That has been the price from the start. Which isn't really a sale... normal pricing.

I'm looking for less than that. I've got LR full for around 80 dollars before on BF..
11-25-2016, 05:11 PM   #11
Veteran Member

oops, my first posting was wrong

If you go to "how to buy" and then click on "all products" at the bottom, it takes you to a list page, where Lightroom 6 is listed. Then go over to the pricing and change the drop down to "upgrade".

Last edited by Murfy; 11-25-2016 at 05:17 PM.
11-25-2016, 05:49 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Murfy Quote
oops, my first posting was wrong

If you go to "how to buy" and then click on "all products" at the bottom, it takes you to a list page, where Lightroom 6 is listed. Then go over to the pricing and change the drop down to "upgrade".
Thanks, I have no problem with the upgrade. I've been debating what to for awhile now. I'm just not really ready to do the whole cloud thing. I'm happy with using Adobe Elements.
11-25-2016, 06:00 PM   #13
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, I have no problem with the upgrade. I've been debating what to for awhile now. I'm just not really ready to do the whole cloud thing. I'm happy with using Adobe Elements.

I plan to stick with LR for cataloging, RAW converting/processing, and basic edits. And use Affinity Photo for Photoshop duties. It is a new Photoshop competitor in open beta right now.

I currently use LR and Photoshop Elements (PSE) in tandem and it works nice. But PSE is so stripped down in some ways that I'm starting to really out grow it. And that is what I'd suggest too.. to keep using PSE until you've out grown the feature set.
11-25-2016, 06:45 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I plan to stick with LR for cataloging, RAW converting/processing, and basic edits. And use Affinity Photo for Photoshop duties. It is a new Photoshop competitor in open beta right now.

I currently use LR and Photoshop Elements (PSE) in tandem and it works nice. But PSE is so stripped down in some ways that I'm starting to really out grow it. And that is what I'd suggest too.. to keep using PSE until you've out grown the feature set.
I pay for Photoshop CC, and don't mind doing so, but I'm curious, what did Adobe strip out to sell Elements?
11-25-2016, 06:58 PM   #15
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
I pay for Photoshop CC, and don't mind doing so, but I'm curious, what did Adobe strip out to sell Elements?
Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 vs. Adobe Photoshop CC