Are you affiliated with Tony Northrup?

11-25-2016, 05:16 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Are you affiliated with Tony Northrup?
Not in any way. I'm just subscribed to his YouTube channel (along with a bunch of other people's channels, but most of them aren't photography related). I only post links to his videos when I think they're relevant, but if you think they're too frequent, I can certainly refrain from doing so.
11-25-2016, 05:21 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nor me.
11-25-2016, 05:24 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I always mean to post The Camera Store TV videos here when they're relevant to Pentaxians, but it seems like people always beat me to it.

11-25-2016, 05:25 PM - 2 Likes   #8
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Not in any way. I'm just subscribed to his YouTube channel (along with a bunch of other people's channels, but most of them aren't photography related). I only post links to his videos when I think they're relevant, but if you think they're too frequent, I can certainly refrain from doing so.
Not at all. Just his payday is people sharing his thoughts and his thoughts are quite subjective. Yet so many take his thoughts as the matter of fact truth. Their game is to get people to share their videos and pages because they get money off the advertising/clicks.

We have political pundits (big mouths) such as Limbaugh and Franken and then we have photography pundits such as Northrup and Rockwell. They're better left to the chasm of their own, inflated minds in a feedback loop in my opinion.
11-25-2016, 05:33 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not at all. Just his payday is people sharing his thoughts and his thoughts are quite subjective. Yet so many take his thoughts as the matter of fact truth. Their game is to get people to share their videos and pages because they get money off the advertising/clicks.

We have political pundits (big mouths) such as Limbaugh and Franken and then we have photography pundits such as Northrup and Rockwell. They're better left to the chasm of their own, inflated minds in a feedback loop in my opinion.
This thread was mainly about buying things at a bargain. Not about his opinions But I tend to agree that these folks are not great sources of info.
11-25-2016, 05:36 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster

He's somewhat less wrong than Rockwell, but he might be as loud!

I find him entertaining, and occasionally I learn something. I think the last thing was a few weeks ago, when I learned to set black and white points in Camera Raw. That's really started to make my images pop, and I've added that to my usual workflow.

I do see where you're coming from though, and I'll be more careful.
11-25-2016, 05:37 PM   #11
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
This thread was mainly about buying things at a bargain. Not about his opinions But I tend to agree that these folks are not great sources of info.

Yes but this is just an entry way to get you to watch their other videos..