Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
48 hour K-3 II deal at Adorama!
Posted By: sarge, 01-11-2017, 12:36 PM

I got this email today and thought I would share it with you folks.

Pentax K-3 II DSLR Camera Body W/AF-200FG Shoe Mount Flash/D-BG5 Battery Grip

Looks like a good deal.
Views: 3,616
01-11-2017, 01:56 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's an interesting deal.
The D-BG5 battery grip used to be priced at $129 MSRP, and the AF-200FG I've seen around $79. Neither of these were sale prices at the time.

So even assuming the old standard on pricing for the kit, you'd get the K-3ii for a relative $690.
That's really not a bad deal!

If you think the D-BG5 grip is worth $300 and the AF-200FG is worth $179 (these are the MSRPs now), then you're doing really good on the relative price for the K-3ii~ $420

This definitely isn't one of those kits where you can sell off the accessories and get a cheaper camera.
Average market price for a used D-BG5 grip is around $100, and around $50 for the AF-200FG.
The K-3ii is typically around $749 new, so this fits right in there if you were to sell these kit items.

For me, the D-BG5 grip is awesome! I have huge hands and like the extra weight with the DA*300+1.4xtc. It helps balance the camera.
I don't think it's worth $300, but I also paid $650 for a used K-3ii and $90 for a D-BG5.
So essentially for another $50 you can have the same setup brand new if you can sell the flash.

Last edited by UserAccessDenied; 01-11-2017 at 04:10 PM.
01-11-2017, 02:16 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Close to - close to - inventory liquidation pricing on the 'current' APSc flagship.

Ahem.
01-11-2017, 02:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Not a bad price I paid 850 for the K3II with battery grip and another 70 bones for the flash at B and H and thought I had a good price so this is 20 bones sweeter. The flash isn't bad for the price in this bundle or the 70 I paid for it. Not worth full price IMHO.

01-11-2017, 02:52 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Flash isn't worth much given there is a new Yongnou P-TTL out for under a 100. Grip is usually a good buy with the body if it is being thrown in.

Now this is indeed indicating a new K-3ii successor. Keep an eye. BH may have a K-3ii firesale starting tonight or soon.
01-11-2017, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
Flash isn't worth much given there is a new Yongnou P-TTL out for under a 100. Grip is usually a good buy with the body if it is being thrown in.

Now this is indeed indicating a new K-3ii successor. Keep an eye. BH may have a K-3ii firesale starting tonight or soon.
I am thinking the same thing regarding a K-3II successor. Fingers crossed!
01-11-2017, 04:55 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This was happening to K-3 before K-3 II was introduced. I am hoping to see some good news in the next few months, and maybe some ~$600 deals on K-3 II.

01-12-2017, 06:29 AM   #8
Veteran Member

What do you think the price will drop to? I have two K-3 bodies and having the pixel shift and better autofocus would be nice, but I'm not sure how much I'm really willing to pay for it.
01-12-2017, 08:52 AM - 2 Likes   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Outis Quote
What do you think the price will drop to? I have two K-3 bodies and having the pixel shift and better autofocus would be nice, but I'm not sure how much I'm really willing to pay for it.
$749 - That's my thought
Cheaper for a copy used or on holiday sale.

I rarely use PixelShift or Astrotracer. They are cool to show off, but less than 1% of my shots use them.

I would love to see a bare-bones K-3ii successor...
No on-board flash, no astrotracer, no gps, no pixel shift, no crazy rear LCD screen, no 36MP, no on-body LED lights...

Give me an AF system that beats the competition, and high ISO capabilities that beat the K-1.

You could even make the thing only shoot in three modes - B, M and TAV

Would this suit everyone's needs? Would it even make it to the production line? No way!
But that's the camera I dream of.

Simple is king.
01-14-2017, 11:59 AM - 2 Likes   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
$749 - That's my thought
Cheaper for a copy used or on holiday sale.

I rarely use PixelShift or Astrotracer. They are cool to show off, but less than 1% of my shots use them.

No on-board flash, no astrotracer, no gps, no pixel shift, no crazy rear LCD screen, no 36MP, no on-body LED lights...

Give me an AF system that beats the competition, and high ISO capabilities that beat the K-1.

You could even make the thing only shoot in three modes - B, M and TAV

Would this suit everyone's needs? Would it even make it to the production line? No way!
But that's the camera I dream of.

Simple is king.

I'd rather have the little flash than the GPS. I find myself taking the K5IIs instead a lot just because of it. Other than setting the time, I've never used the GPS...

This shot would not have been made without the onboard flash as an example:

01-14-2017, 01:38 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You said it !
01-14-2017, 01:57 PM   #12
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Simple is king.
Oh my, I love the thought of that. I got a Samsung GX-10 (K10D clone) a couple of months back, and whilst the AF, high ISO performance and general IQ are clearly out-dated, the ease of use of the camera - the overall simplicity - is wonderful. Everything I need and nothing I don't. It's bliss...
01-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
How about out some tape over the rear screen?

I've never understood the fear of having features. If you don't want to use the gps or inbuilt flash etc, you don't have to.
01-14-2017, 02:10 PM   #14
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by richandfleur Quote
How about out some tape over the rear screen?

I've never understood the fear of having features. If you don't want to use the gps or inbuilt flash etc, you don't have to.
It's not a fear of having features - certainly not in my case, at least. Rather, it's an appreciation of a streamlined, elegant, clutter-free device that does what I need it to do and little or nothing more.

Oh, and regarding the tape over the screen, no... but I rarely need or use live view, so that can go
01-15-2017, 02:18 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
It's not a fear of having features - certainly not in my case, at least. Rather, it's an appreciation of a streamlined, elegant, clutter-free device that does what I need it to do and little or nothing more.

Oh, and regarding the tape over the screen, no... but I rarely need or use live view, so that can go
Sounds like you need a Leica. Back to basics and quality IQ